IS BAMA BACK?

TruAubFan

Phat Phil and company looked like crap last night at...cough, hack, wheeze...Old Piss.  UA/UT is going to be tight this weekend because UA has the type of defense to make Ainge look really bad.  Don't know if UA has the firepower just running the ball all night to hang with the Vols but I don't see UT blowing this one out.  They'd better take a Goodie powder for that Old Piss hangover.

112184[/snapback]

I doubt either side needs another reason to get fired up for the Tide-Vol feud, but their near miss against Ole Miss probably just gave the Volunteers more incentive to look impressive in Knoxville Saturday. They do seem to be somewhat of a rollar coaster team--not surprizingly with a freshman in charge. But if I was Bama, I'd be worried that the Rebels just stirred up the hornet's nest a little more to give 'em an emotional edge when the Tide shows up.

...or perhaps their weak performance against Ole Miss was due to them looking ahead to this week?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as i said before "damn bama".....go vols......i don't need you or anyone else to explain or try to rationalize anything pertaining to football,or bammer, or as a matter of fact,any damn thing to do with anything to me....i have my standards,and anything bammer is not within those standards......you pull for them if you want.....i really could give a damn what you do.....one question for you, after you root for bammer, do you go by the bus stop restroom to try to regain self-respect?

112336[/snapback]

You might want to know that you are calling out a moderator here. Personal attacks at his own character do not go unnoticed. Because Titan is a good guy, I doubt you will be punished for your obnoxious comments, but you need to know that you are playing with fire.

Bad form tombigbee. Bad form.

BTW, what crawled up your ass this morning?

as i said before "damn bama".....go vols......i don't need you or anyone else to explain or try to rationalize anything pertaining to football,or bammer, or as a matter of fact,any damn thing to do with anything to me....i have my standards,and anything bammer is not within those standards......you pull for them if you want.....i really could give a damn what you do.....one question for you, after you root for bammer, do you go by the bus stop restroom to try to regain self-respect?

112336[/snapback]

Someone evidently took a piss in your cereal. I pull for bammer when it helps Auburn. I don't know how to make that any plainer to you and if you can't see the common sense in that, maybe you're just not mentally capable of such detailed and critical thinking skills. And I don't measure self-respect by your nonsensical standards.

All I'm saying is that I will not stoop to the level of TurdFans.com or TurderIncestor and lambast a rival just because they pull for a rival. I take people individually and the Bama fans around here are top-notch. Therefore I will treat them with respect, even as I pity them. ;) I won't jump their case just because they pull for bammer. If I jump their case it will be because they have made what I view as a faulty argument. And even then, I'll treat them with the same level of respect they have shown me. Mature people have the ability to make those distinctions. You should try it.

I am impressed with Bama being 5-2 right now. I know their schedule has been mediocre at best, but going into the season, their team was considered mediocre at best. They have some awesome defensive statistics so far, I'm just curious to see how much longer they last now that the schedule gets tougher.

The problem they will face next season is they will lose their entire O-line. So, we will find out then how good these RB's really are.

You might want to know that you are calling out a moderator here.  Personal attacks at his own character do not go unnoticed.  Because Titan is a good guy, I doubt you will be punished for your obnoxious comments, but you need to know that you are playing with fire.

112344[/snapback]

We don't ban people for disagreeing with moderators or admins, so he isn't playing with fire. Although I will say the way he's acting is out of character with the general vibe of this board. It really begs the question of why is he here. There are at least two other Auburn boards I can think of where this kind of crappy attitude is not only tolerated more, but borderline encouraged. Seems he'd be happier there because one thing the mods and admins here won't allow is the degeneration of this board into a place like TideFans, BamaMag or TiderInsider where rivals are pounced on whenever they say anything that doesn't line up with the local kool-aid flavor.

We enjoy having good, respectful rival fans come here and talk football with us. I think the evidence of that welcoming attitude is the high post counts that some of our key rivals have here. I wouldn't change that for anything. If we think we're better, more classy fans than the average bammer redneck on the street, then we ought to act like it.

For the record, I do not take ANY of this "stuff" seriously. This is a AU board for entertainment and information. It seves VERY well in both areas. I ENJOY "tweaking" the uaters around here, but, it is all in fun. Heck, bg and I even agree on rare occasions. :)

Let 'em win 'em all UNTIL it is time for the TIGERS to show 'em what it is all about ! ! ! ! (And, remind 'em of WHO owns Braggin' Rights ! ! !)

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

damn bammer....go vols......it never helps for bammer to win....as for mental capabilities,that shows you that you are not blessed with many because you should know this.....if you want to have a "be nice to bammer day" just go right ahead and show em' some luv.....i wake up 365 days a year, hating their guts......if they are down,don't help them up,STOMP THEM INTO THE DAMN GROUND.....the sooner you understand this,the sooner you will become aware of the real world around you

Grow up. :roll:

Look, I'm old enough to remember the dark days of our rivalry with bammer. I don't have any great love for them. And in most years, I'd want them to lose as much as possible. But this isn't most years. We are legitimately in the hunt for the national championship. Part of what decides whether we get there or not are six computer polls, all of which factor in strength of schedule. Therefore, I want our schedule to look as good as possible. That includes bammer winning the games they should so that we have more teams with winning records on our schedule. If you can't understand that, then it is you who needs a reality check. The implications of the BCS are too important to worry about petty squabbling and stupid grudges. We not only need to win all our games, we need our strength of schedule to be as high as possible. Get real.

Ok, the first BCS rankings are out and they totally prove the validity of my point, and the ridiculous nature of yours, tom. Look at these standings:

bcs.jpg

Southern Cal is a solid #1 right now. But look at places two through four. All three of us (Miami, Auburn, and Oklahoma) are separated by .0151. EVERY win matters and the relative QUALITY of every win matters. We need Tennessee to keep winning, LSU to keep winning, Georgia to keep winning (until they play us) and Bama to win with the exception of UT and LSU to maximize our computer ratings. Not to mention that more quality wins start affecting the human polls too. We jumped Miami in the AP poll due to our impressive win over Arkansas and their scare against Louisville. If we continue to have more impressive wins over opponents perceived as higher quality, it could happen in the coaches poll as well. Just a simple flipping of positions between us and Miami (just trade point levels in the coaches poll) would make up .0140 of that .0151 difference not even counting the computers.

Get with the program man. There are bigger fish to fry than hatred of bammer.

okay einstein, as for the validity of what you are saying,fine for this year....you going to give up football after this year?....as for my "ridiculous" nature, i'm looking at the big picture.....get it?....the future....if bammer is regulated to a second class program by whatever means is necessary, it improves recruiting,public perception,ect that goes with a consistently winning program....the lifeblood of a football program is in recruiting....if bammer is perceived to be returning to the form of old, then our recruiting suffers due to the biased media in this state..... if they are made out to be constantly struggling and in turmoil, their recruiting suffers....it's dog eat dog now.... the more they lose, the more the media begins to tear off their flesh and abuse their coaches, and if you think that this doesn't play a part in the recruiting process,then ask coach tubs....if AU folks show any respect to them in any way,it only enhances their return to glory......if you tell someone something often enough,and long enough, eventually they begin to believe it themselves......if you want to take a chance on them starting to gain momenteum and thinking that they can upset AU this year,then go ahead and pull for the b*****ds.... i'm not willing to take that chance.....i would much perfer to take the upper hand over them and send them to same fortune as SMU.....as for their great season,hell,UAB would be 7-0 if they played bammers schedule.....why do they deserve any respect

not with this media....it is pro bammer to the bone.....that is, as long as they win......2 weeks ago, it was hilarious to listen to the radio.....now, after 2 wins, they are back to contend for the sec.....listen to them on the call-in shows.....they were coming apart at the seams.....i know that if they get down, the boosters will do exactly what they did last time.....see memphis.....they have cheated for years, and then when someone appeared to be a threat, they spilled their guts and got the threat put on probation.....they will implode if AU will just ******* let them

okay einstein, as for the validity of what you are saying,fine for this year....you going to give up football after this year?....as for my "ridiculous" nature, i'm looking at the big picture.....get it?....the future....if bammer is regulated to a second class program by whatever means is necessary, it improves recruiting,public perception,ect that goes with a consistently winning program....the lifeblood of a football program is in recruiting....if bammer is perceived to be returning to the form of old, then our recruiting suffers due to the biased media in this state..... if they are made out to be constantly struggling and in turmoil, their recruiting suffers....it's dog eat dog now.... the more they lose, the more the media begins to tear off their flesh and abuse their coaches, and if you think that this doesn't play a part in the recruiting process,then ask coach tubs....if AU folks show any respect to them in any way,it only enhances their return to glory......if you tell someone something often enough,and long enough, eventually they begin to believe it themselves......if you want to take a chance on them starting to gain momenteum and thinking that they can upset AU this year,then go ahead and pull for the b*****ds.... i'm not willing to take that chance.....i would much perfer to take the upper hand over them and send them to same fortune as SMU.....as for their great season,hell,UAB would be 7-0 if they played bammers schedule.....why do they deserve any respect

Just a side note here: Maybe tombigbee should be nominated to take over the mantle of "WARTIM-Hater of all that is dark pink" ! ! ! :big:

Brother, Though you are being a bit harsh, which is acceptable when the subject is the smaller school in west al., I do like the way you think ! ! !

WAR EAGLE & Give 'em "h e double toothpicks ! ! !" :lol:

112390[/snapback]

112390[/snapback]

I'm not worried about next year. I'm worried about a shot at something that doesn't come along every season. Can I hate Bama, but pull for them when it helps Auburn? I think so. If Auburn wasn't in the national title hunt, it might be different. But as long as we are, then I don't want stupid hatred to cost us a shot at the NC...an event that would do far more for our standing with recruits than one or two more losses by bammer. Get some priorities:

1. Auburn winning championships

2. Wanting bammer to fail

Some years/weeks you can do both. Other times, I have to give up #2 so that #1 can be realized. I'm not an Anti-Bama fan. I'm not defined by what I'm against. I am an AUBURN fan. That means I want what's best for Auburn, short term and long term. If Bama winning helps Auburn, then I want Bama to win that week. Period. If Bama failing hurts Auburn's chances at a championship (SEC or national), then my priorities are out of whack, Einstein.

Btw, Titan, If I am every accused of a major felony, I would appreciate it if YOU were in MY corner. (Pro bono of course.) :D

EINSTEIN, just how the hell can bammer beating tenn. help?....bammer is a non-factor in the whole deal.....if they win, it hurts UTs rating...the key to the SOS is UT and GA....the higher THEY are is what will help....bammer is not a TOP 10 team,they are....from what i read, i assume that you are a lawyer......chase a lot of ambulances,do ya?....you don't worry about my stupid hatred and i won't worry about how you managed to pass the bar

Which part of this answer:

EVERY win matters and the relative QUALITY of every win matters. We need Tennessee to keep winning, LSU to keep winning, Georgia to keep winning (until they play us) and Bama to win with the exception of UT and LSU to maximize our computer ratings.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=112377

...and this one:

I think Tennessee winning would help Auburn more right now so I'll pull for them to win out.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=112214

...aaaaand this one:

And Bama having a decent record helps Auburn. Now, I think it matters more that UT and LSU keep winning and moving up in the polls, which means they beat bammer. But I'd rather them come into the Iron Bowl 6-4 than 5-5.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=112325

...all of which appear on this thread in response to you didn't convey that I want UT to beat bammer this weekend? I don't know how it could be any plainer. Slow down, breathe normally, and think rationally for a second before typing.

Grow up.  :roll:

Look, I'm old enough to remember the dark days of our rivalry with bammer.  I don't have any great love for them.  And in most years, I'd want them to lose as much as possible.  But this isn't most years.  We are legitimately in the hunt for the national championship.  Part of what decides whether we get there or not are six computer polls, all of which factor in strength of schedule.  Therefore, I want our schedule to look as good as possible.  That includes bammer winning the games they should so that we have more teams with winning records on our schedule.  If you can't understand that, then it is you who needs a reality check.  The implications of the BCS are too important to worry about petty squabbling and stupid grudges.  We not only need to win all our games, we need our strength of schedule to be as high as possible.  Get real.

112357[/snapback]

Obviously strentgh of schedule is not taken into account. Just look at the BCS poll. Miami at #2? And Miami being #3 in the other poll. It doesn't matter folks. we are not going to get a shot at the Orange Bowl. They will stick Wisconsin ahead of us if possible. The best we can hope for, other than losses by those ahead of us (fat chance) is to go to New Orleans and win there for a possible Split of the MNC.

BUT, first BEAT :uk: !

Strength of schedule is a major deciding factor in every one of the computer polls. That is one reason they removed the separate quality wins and SOS ratings from the formula. It was redundant. Miami has beaten one top 5 and another top 20 team (FSU and Louisville). The rest of their schedule has been weak. We've beaten a top 10 and a top 20 team with the rest of the schedule being relatively weak. Now we can argue over how good FSU and Louisville really are in comparison with UT and LSU, but it is factored in.

I find it funny how I know what may be best for Auburn when 2 other teams play and I say that I'll pull for one or the other because of that. Then when the game comes on, I find myself cheering strictly based on who I hate the most. It's soooooo, sooooooo hard to pull for Bama, regardless.

Well, I can't really say I hate em'. There's other things in life far more important than football to HATE someone and I'm not the one playing. But, it's so much fun to pull against your biggest rival in every game. :uzi: :ua:

okay, i missed quote #2.....i guess you are a damn lawyer....still doesn't matter....damn bammer

112440[/snapback]

LOL. I didn't take even one law class in college, not even as an elective. I'm a business major. B)

Before we put down Bamar's win over UK, let's Puh-Leeze remember that we have yet to play those Wildcats (they scared USC to death on Saturday). I hate to put a damper on the party, but we have a LOT more football to play, including playing a Bamar team that would like nothing better than to upset us. :homer:

Archived