Alabama vs. Auburn

Argo

I love foxsports. Check out this head to head statistic match-up. Our defense's are simply amazing!!!!

Alabama vs. Auburn

Just wait til ya'll play the vols. I think Ainge will have a great game, he is getting better every game, but he is still a freshmen so it could be like the Auburn game all over again. How did ya'll do stats wise against Arky? I know they had the best offense in the SEC before our game but i'm not sure if they still do.

We did really well against arkansas. We just wore down in the 4th quarter because our offense kept our defense on the field. same thing happened against USC.

I think our defense is only going to be exceptional if our offense can give them a breather from time to time.

Stats are stats. Playing the game is a different matter. Our 3rd down conversion is much much higher. It is that low because we put in our 2nd string in the 2nd half and just run the ball on 3rd down.

So I'm sure that appeals to other categories.

Just wait til ya'll play the vols. I think Ainge will have a great game, he is getting better every game, but he is still a freshmen so it could be like the Auburn game all over again. How did ya'll do stats wise against Arky? I know they had the best offense in the SEC before our game but i'm not sure if they still do.

112205[/snapback]

I'm more worried about our offense keeping the ball than I am Tenn offense. If we can move the ball and keep our defense rested, tenn will not blow us out. That's a big If.

Against ark our defenses looked about the same.

Ark vs. Ala

firstdowns 17

total yards 333

pass comp. 7

pass att. 12

pass yards. 122

pass aver. 8.1

rush att. 49

rush yards. 211

rush aver. 4.3

3rd down 3-12

4th down 1-1

penalties 1-5

turnovers 1

possession. 28:44

Ark vs. Aub.

firstdowns 15

total yards 337

pass comp. 14

pass att. 29

pass yards. 209

pass aver. 7

rush att. 29

rush yards. 128

rush aver. 4.4

3rd down 4-12

4th down 0-2

penalties 9-59

turnovers 0

possession. 23:56

Obviously they were beating us and was able to put some rushing numbers on us. They were down to you guys and had to pass, which is the reason they put more passing yards on AU. The difference in the outcome of our games was the QB play. Jason looked great against Ark, while Guillon struggled.

Stats are stats. Playing the game is a different matter. Our 3rd down conversion is much much higher. It is that low because we put in our 2nd string in the 2nd half and just run the ball on 3rd down.

So I'm sure that appeals to other categories.

112213[/snapback]

Stats come from playing the game. If you checked out the link I showed, it was defense, not offense. The third down conversion being much, much higher wouldn't be a good thing. That would mean other teams are converting third downs more frequently. I wonder if you guys automatically go into a "defensive mode" when me and BG post.

How do you explain THESE? :poke:   :poke:   :poke:

112223[/snapback]

Simple. Third string qb and second string rb. If you would have told me before the season that after game 7, Hudson and Darby would be 1 and 2 in rushing yards, and Campbell would be leading the SEC qb's, I would have laughed my arse off!!!!.

What's up with being rated below 120 in some of the categories? There aren't that many teams. And surely they don't include lower divisions in the rankings, not sure how that would work since they play OTHER lower division teams.... :huh:

The breakdown looks simple enough.

AU is better against the run and more teams have run against us.

UA is better against the pass.

Our front line is dominating while Bama's secondary is dominating.

rainman...i think thats a dead on assesment for the season to date.

112272[/snapback]

Based on last year's defense, this would've been VERY hard to say with a straight face at the beginning of the year! I can't believe y'all have the same DC.

How do you explain THESE? :poke:   :poke:   :poke:

112223[/snapback]

Simple. Third string qb and second string rb. If you would have told me before the season that after game 7, Hudson and Darby would be 1 and 2 in rushing yards, and Campbell would be leading the SEC qb's, I would have laughed my arse off!!!!.

112225[/snapback]

Those two lead in rushing (which I will just have to take your word on) only because Carnell and Ronnie usually don't play in the fourth quarter. Whereas, your two "back-ups" have to play the whole games to hold off the likes of Arkansas (whoops, you lost that one, sorry) Ole Miss and the other mighty opponents you have faced :lol: . Be for real folks! Unlike some coaches (Flipper) ours knows when to rest the starters. Our two back-ups are better than UAT now. As for all the stats. one word: meaningless. That's right Auburn's and yours: the stats are meaningless. You have to play the game. I won't be surprised if we lose to UGAly, Ole Piss, or UAT. The stats don't show what will or won't happen. We have played two different sets of teams. Even the teams we have in common, the stats will be different, because we are usually so far ahead, CTT rests the regulars and lets Freshmen play. Our starting defense has given up very few points. Our starting offense could have put 60 on the board against Tennessee. Can UAT? Of course not! The bottom line is right now, Auburn is THE best team in the country. Period. Will we be at the ends of the season? We will have to wait and see. Either way, I like our chances against ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME! :au:

Its easy to amass good stats playing the "weak sisters of the poor", especially if you play your first team the whole game. Oh, I forgot, Bammer doesn't have a second team, LOL, its called sanctions.

Many of Auburn's yards and points have been given up AFTER the game has long been decided and we have the youngsters playing and getting experience. The only stat that really matters on defense is SCORING; look at that one and tell me how wonderful the Bammer defense is versus Auburn. And please note that 30 of the 63 points that the AU defense gave up were in the 4th quarter, after the game was over.

I'm willing to bet that when the season ends, Auburn's defense will be ranked better than Bammer's in every category.

Let's compare after the season is over. There's no way you can compare the 2 defenses now. Look at the opponents each team has faced.

Bama's toughest opponent to date has been arky. Come on.......

Auburn's QB (I can't believe I am saying this) has actually become a threat to throw the ball beyond 10 yards and that is the difference. Alabama has no QB and will struggle to put points on the board when AU shuts down their running game.

i don't think bama's played the sisters of the poor, but i do think caddilac and ronnie would be higher in the rush totals if they played more in the second halves of games. i mean carl stewart has seen most of the fourth quarter carries in the last three games, and he and tre both got touches against citadel. the same goes for jason. he could easily have over 1600 yards already, but he rarely plays the whole game (and even when he does, we run in the second half to protect leads).

Bama is hitting the toughest stretch of their schedule. I expect to see their stats begin to slide some. It will be more acurate to pull this comparison on Iron Bowl week, by then there will be six common opponents.

Who has Bama played??? :blink:

112412[/snapback]

Haven't you heard? They beat the powerhouse golden eagles ! ! B)

Still can't understand why they are ranked BELOW U A B ! ! ! :D

Who has Bama played??? :blink:

112412[/snapback]

Haven't you heard? They beat the powerhouse golden eagles ! ! B)

Still can't understand why they are ranked BELOW U A B ! ! ! :D

112415[/snapback]

Oh, I forgot... They are A-L-A-B-A-M-A: :hail:

Archived