Is it fair to say...

AURainman

For all of last year's preseason I had to hear from Bama fans that Carnell was a great player, but he couldn't stay healthy and he wouldn't cut it in the SEC because he was too fragile. My question now is...

With two torn up knees in his young career and a busted shoulder, is it fair to say that Brodie Croyle is just too fragile to play in the SEC?

NOTE: I do not wish this injury on him or any other Bama player. Just turning the tables on some Bama fans.

:poke:

It wasn't just bama fans, it was really the entire football media saying that kind of crap. "If Williams can overcome his 'injury-prone' past."....was written a lot in the 2003 off-season.

I wonder if it will ever be written about Briodiyeie? Probably not.

I would say that the ACL injury might point to that, but not the shoulder. If you saw the hit he took to his shoulder...even the toughest, meanest man in the world would have sustained an injury on that play. But because he played through that (and the cracked ribs), id say he's plenty TOUGH to play in the SEC.

Now as far as the ACL injuries go, if im not mistaken, the tendon can actually be STRONGER after surgery. (im not sure). But guys like Frank Gore and Jason White have blown both of their knees and come back strong. I wouldnt count him out just yet.

As far as Carnell goes, the collarbone injury would have happened to anyone. He had like 9 guys land on top of him on that play. I didnt see the ankle injury, but im sure it was similar. To say he is/was 'injury prone' is a misnomer...unlucky was probably more appropriate. Luck changes however.

Archived