AU #4 in BCS

tarheeltiger

USC 1

Miami 2

Oklahoma 3

AU 4

I think this means little to us. As I see it, Miami wins out and is the most likely of the top 4 to be in the championship game. For AU to make it (either as number 1 or number 2) then OK and USC must each loose.

However, this does set up another split championship since we do currently rank ahead of UM in the AP

If we beat the hell out of the remaining teams on our schedule, we will vault past Ok and Miami. Once again, we must continue to press into the 3rd and 4th quarters. M of V will have an impact!

At this point, with KY, Ole Miss, UGA and UAT still up on the board and then a possiable SECChap game, there's still a ton left to play. Until we get those games done with,a nd IF we get through it unbeaten, then that's when I'll pitch a fit IF things don't work out. In college football ANYTHING can happen.

I know this is the same ole same ole being said, but still to early to worry about these other things that we have no control over.

ONE AT A TIME....ONE AT A TIME.... :au::D

I agree with Link. This does happen every year and there's going to be some controversy every year as long as there's no playoff. That being said, teams will lose. Even if you look at their schedule and say "No way, how easy a schedule is that?". Someone will lose. We have to take care of the UK Cats this weekend.

As my :corndog: hubby just reminded me...

LSU was ranked #15 in the first BCS poll last year...

One at a time...

112380[/snapback]

did the first BCS rankings come out right after their loss to Florida?

Guys, every year this happens.....teams will lose.

I promise you by the last week of the year that 2 of those 4 teams have lost a game.

112374[/snapback]

slink,....."From your lips to God's ear" ! ! ! :au::)

I just don't understand the fixation with OU they have only played 1 top 25 opponent and they are getting love like they have beaten 4 or 5

As long as we win the rest of our games I believe that we will be ok come Jan 04, 2005. Still way too much football left...

Every year this happens and the teams that initially bitch about not being ranked higher in the initial BCs are nowhere to be found at the end of the season.

Winning will take care of everything!

WDE

:au:

This is great news! The BCS numbers are incredibly close. With Auburn rising in the polls each week, the chance looks good for moving up.

First, be it well understood that I realize we have to win the games. One each week.

But, if :au: sweeps the season, the BCS championship game will add a significant boost to the BCS computer numbers. Most of those have Miami 2, :au: 3. That will change if we win out. That moves us ahead of Miami.

The voting polls are where OK leads us. We'll see that change if they struggle at all. While I often wonder about the AP poll, I believe the coaches will see the value of the SEC championship win and rank :au: above OK.

Another "craziness" factor is the Sagarin poll in the BCS rankings. Because the highest and lowest computer rankings are disregarded, and Sagarin ranks OK and :au: high and USC and Miami low, the Sagarin poll numbers are disregarded. If these are brought back in line some how, (possibly naturally when the season is fully populated), we could see that help :au: .

Either way, :au: is sitting pretty right now. Bring on Kentucky, and we'll just enjoy football season.

But, if  :au: sweeps the season, the BCS championship game will add a significant boost to the BCS computer numbers.  Most of those have Miami 2,  :au: 3. That will change if we win out.  That moves us ahead of Miami. 

112400[/snapback]

Meant to say ... the SEC championship game ...

People, it's still October. Teams will lose. Let's focus on our goal of winning the SEC before we talk about our National Chamionship hopes. The BCS will take care of itself.

:au: WDE :au:

Ok, OK, OK I know it's early and this is just the first BCS poll and what have you....but somebody for the love of life tell me how in the &$!& Miami gets the number two ranking...especially in the computer polls...

What a joke...Tell me ONE person who'd take Miami over OK...

Can we say playoff? Nah that'd be too simple wouldn't it?

PITIFUL....

But now it will be interesting to see how this effects the AP and Coaches poll voting next week...you know some may make adjustments to their ballots to correct what they think is wrong with the BCS.

We just gotta keep taking care of business...ONE game at a time.

This thing's a joke...Miami #2...yeah right! And I'm Clint eastwood! :poke::P

This thing's a joke...Miami #2...yeah right! And I'm Clint eastwood! :poke:   :P

112458[/snapback]

OK...go ahead...make my day...LOL

Interesting list from ESPN:

"Only three of the 12 went undefeated through the rest of the regular season.

Top 2 Teams in the BCS Standings

Year / Initial Release / Final result

1998 / UCLA and Ohio State / Tennessee and Florida State

1999 / Florida State and Penn State / Florida State and Virginia Tech

2000 Nebraska / Oklahoma / Oklahoma and Florida State

2001 / Oklahoma and Nebraska / Miami and Nebraska

2002 / Oklahoma and Miami / Miami and Ohio State

2003 / Oklahoma and Miami / Oklahoma and LSU

As you can see, the top two teams in the initial release have never met in the BCS title game. "

Archived