AU #4 in BCS

tarheeltiger

i like being #3 in the computer polls. i think that's our ticket to one of the top 2 spots.

if we're #3 in both polls, and #1 or #2 in the computer rankings, maybe we can squeeze by miamuh.

this, of course, presumes we win out :big:

Ok, OK, OK I know it's early and this is just the first BCS poll and what have you....but somebody for the love of life tell me how in the &$!& Miami gets the number two ranking...especially in the computer polls...

What a joke...Tell me ONE person who'd take Miami over OK...

Can we say playoff? Nah that'd be too simple wouldn't it?

PITIFUL....

But now it will be interesting to see how this effects the AP and Coaches poll voting next week...you know some may make adjustments to their ballots to correct what they think is wrong with the BCS.

We just gotta keep taking care of business...ONE game at a time.

112416[/snapback]

A playoff would still have to use the polls. It would be best to have a 4 or 8 team playoff AFTER the bowls.

We are only a few hundredths in BCS average behind Miami and Ok, and way ahead of FSU. Even if all win out, these 2-4 positions will be swapping every week...

BCSaverage.jpg

I just find it surreal that UAB is in the top 25 of the first BCS poll.

Call me a rabble rouser but I'm pulling for SC, OU, Miami & AU to all end the regular season undefeated. Then it would be evident to all how trivial & meaningless the BCS ranking or any type of polling/ranking system is in attempting to pick the 2 "best" teams. It can't be done -- not fairly, at least. The whole premise is fatally flawed. A playoff would be inevitable.

Actually, it'd be even sweeter if Wisconsin & Utah could join the party as well. :big:

Call me a rabble rouser but I'm pulling for SC, OU, Miami & AU to all end the regular season undefeated.  Then it would be evident to all how trivial & meaningless the BCS ranking or any type of polling/ranking system is in attempting to pick the 2 "best" teams.  It can't be done -- not fairly, at least.  The whole premise is fatally flawed.  A playoff would be inevitable. 

Actually, it'd be even sweeter if Wisconsin & Utah could join the party as well.  :big:

112757[/snapback]

The money w^ores that call themselves the Bowl Commities and the NCAA will never let a playoff happen even if we end up with 25 unbeaten teams. They cannot handle the Truth!

If Auburn takes care of business we should be playing for the MNC. I think we have the hardest schedule to go thru to go undefeated. UK should be a big win but Old Miss is starting to show some signs of life, UGA is a big hurdle to overcome and they are playing at JH whick everybody knows this seres favors the visiting team and Bama would love nothing more than to destroy our MNC hopes(they would somehow claim a 13th Championship by beating us). Then there is the SECCG where we will have to play a very tough opponent and probably one we have beaten before.

WDE

Archived