Some of the new AU figures I have been working on.

EricH79

Been a while since I have been here.  I started back on these right before Christmas.

IMG-20111230-00861.jpg

Next to the regular size figures

IMG-20111230-00867.jpg

My favorite.  2010 National Championship

IMG-20111229-00831.jpg

Three Heisman winners

IMG-20120103-00925.jpg

FairleyAU.jpg

cambcsAU.jpg

and some non AU figures

RG3

IMG-20120103-00944.jpg

Tyrann Mathieu

tyrannmathieu.jpg

I hated doing these

IngramAL.jpg

trent122.jpg

IMG-20120108-00991.jpg

I'm telling you right now brother, if you do those bammer figures, you won't be able to make them fast enough. Those will FLY off of the shelf. You know how the turds are.  :laugh:

Oh yea I know.  I told someone if you take a turd paint it red and put an A on is some Bama fan will buy it  :)

Oh yea I know.  I told someone if you take a turd paint it red and put an A on is some Bama fan will buy it  :)

Don't even have to paint it...just the red A. Put it in a suit, Charger, or Yukon and you've hit the jackpot.

These are neat. Do you buy the figurines and then paint them or make em all yourself?

Seems like with the attention to detail (different facemasks, Trent Richardson's nasty hair-turd thing, arm bands, etc) you might be making them start-to-finish. Very cool either way.

These are neat. Do you buy the figurines and then paint them or make em all yourself?

Seems like with the attention to detail (different facemasks, Trent Richardson's nasty hair-turd thing, arm bands, etc) you might be making them start-to-finish. Very cool either way.

Thanks.  I buy the figures.  They start out as NFL players. Some of the Richardsons i made the hair but I mostly just do the painting and decals.

I just spent all day standing in lines for Richardson and Kirkpatrick for their figures so I needed to see some orange and blue.  Actually they were both ok.  Trent was going to sign anything we had for a figure but his agent went nuts over him signing anything and pushed him to the car.  Kirkpatrick signed at least a dozen free things.  Wish they were Auburn guys so I would want to keep one.  I just cant keep anything with that color in my house that long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work as always. You never fail to amaze with your handy work.

On another note same subject:

The Todd McFarlane will be releasing

COLLEGE FOOTBALL SERIES 4:  should be out Late June 2012. I'll be haunting my local Toys R Us and Gamestop until I get my hands on the Cam Newton Auburn figure.

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13788

COLLEGE FOOTBALL SERIES 4:  should be out Late June 2012. I'll be haunting my local Toys R Us and Gamestop until I get my hands on the Cam Newton Auburn figure.

I will be ordering one too and putting it next to one I made.

Just met Cam again at the Huntsville signing and he still rememberd meeting me before the season to pick up his figures from Toomer's.  Got to talk to his dad for a few minutes too and get a picture with him  :wedance:

I've been meaning to ask this... what do you paint with, acrylic? If so, what type and what do you put on top of it to keep the paint from getting scratched off?

I use acrylic.  nothing on top.  Everything makes it too glossy and doesnt look good.  Just have to be careful with them.  All mine are in a cabinet so it's no way to scratch them.

I've been meaning to ask this... what do you paint with, acrylic? If so, what type and what do you put on top of it to keep the paint from getting scratched off?

I use acrylic.  nothing on top.  Everything makes it too glossy and doesnt look good.  Just have to be careful with them.  All mine are in a cabinet so it's no way to scratch them.

Coolness, thanks for the response  :)  My brother is a huge Ohio State fan but despises Urban Meyer. I'm going to buy an Urban Meyer bobblehead and tOSU it up for him for his bday  :P

Coolness, thanks for the response   :)  My brother is a huge Ohio State fan but despises Urban Meyer. I'm going to buy an Urban Meyer bobblehead and tOSU it up for him for his bday   :P

Bobble head wouldnt matter as much if it was a little glossy and may need a coating.

You can use the Acrylic finisher in a spray can.  Matte is probably better for what you are making instead of gloss.

Coolness, thanks for the response   :)  My brother is a huge Ohio State fan but despises Urban Meyer. I'm going to buy an Urban Meyer bobblehead and tOSU it up for him for his bday   :P

Bobble head wouldnt matter as much if it was a little glossy and may need a coating.

You can use the Acrylic finisher in a spray can.  Matte is probably better for what you are making instead of gloss.

Sounds good, thanks man  :thumbsup:  Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

• 1 month later...

I will be ordering one too and putting it next to one I made.

Just met Cam again at the Huntsville signing and he still rememberd meeting me before the season to pick up his figures from Toomer's.  Got to talk to his dad for a few minutes too and get a picture with him  :wedance:

PreOrders Available, ships July

http://www.toywiz.com/camnewtonauburn.html

:wareagle:

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived