New DC Named: Brian Van Gorder

AUSportTalk

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been anything said about what range his salary would fall into?

$10.75 bagillion

This is a great hire and I guess is why he had to wait to announce it... dude was in the playoffs. Looking forward to the mustache on the plains!

I'm soaked! This is HUGE! Chizik proves once again he can get the job done! War Damn Eagle!

Whoa now TMI!

I'm that excited too though!

I guarantee mental lapses will not be tolerated with this defense. I'll never forget sitting behind the falcons sideline a few years ago in the dome, watching BVG dress down all-pro John Abraham for taking a couple plays off.

Absolutely a solid hire.  A few weeks ago I was thinking he would be great back ion college again but did nto actually know it could be happening!!!!  Good day

:party::wedance:

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

BIG TIME HIRE!   IMO better than Stoops or Shannon for instant impact and cache' as far as NFL experience goes with HS studs wanting to make to the big league.    Aside from his name being on a few 'wish-list' posts from fans, there was no press leakage, etc. about the negotiations between BVG & AU, so that tells me that you can go big-game hunting and keep it under radar.    Great hire and really look forward to the Defensive intensity returning to the Plains like when Hall, Chizik & Muschamp were our DC's.   Great job, Coach!!   Now on to the OC!!

..........and to think I was upset over Stoops! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great News and Welcome to the Family CBVG (or CBV, CBG)    :yay:

WDE

I am excited about Van Gorder. I live in Atl and he has done a good job with the Falcons and with UGA. Does anyone  know what kind of recruiter he is?

THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!

Now if Erin Andrews will just ask Saban before the game tonight what he thinks of Van Gorders mustache, my day would be complete!

:wedance::party: :party:

ahhh, could have been better...   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am very excited about this hire haha.  

:wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

now, GEAUX TIGERS!!  BEAT BAMA!

:beatmullet:

I know I've said time and time again that Chizik keeps things close to the chest. If you've read the book All In, you'll come to the realization that CGC believes that keeping things "under wraps" is best for the Auburn program.

IMO, great hire, but what stuns me is the timing of it, as well as all of us "insiders" didn't mention BVG until just before the hiring was made.

Good move Coach Chizik, good move!

WDE!!!!!    :we:

Archived