New DC Named: Brian Van Gorder

AUSportTalk

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home run hire???  How about a down by 3 runs, 2 outs, full count, bottom of the 9th inning, 7th game of the world series, grand slam hire??  

Man... and here I was hoping we'd give some major NCAA program/NFL position coach with no DC experience a chance.  This is going to ruin my whole day  :'(

(So anyone know if Chizik has talked to Joe Philbin???  :P )

This is as big of a hire as it gets!!!!  Man, CGC sure knows how to play the game!  Just when the natives are wrestless and losing all hope...he blows them out of the water!

I must admit as others has stated IMO it has been well worth the wait! :wareagle::wedance:

This is a  :tdau:   for AUBURN and congrats to coach Chizik for sticking to his guns

and not caving into the pressure from the media,fans and all others to make a quick hire

just to satisfy the naysayers.

Has anyone asked yet how on earth we pulled what looks to be a successful NFL DC back into the college ranks?

I checked out his numbers while he was at UGA, and every year but his first he put up a top ten defense in total scoring (and he still one "Assistant of the Year" in that first year). He also had the Falcons defense on a steady climb while he was there.

You guys still think Coach Chizik has class? Way to go coach. There are recruits second guessing their commitments.

I think this had more to do with it being the day after the falcons final game as opposed to the day of the national championship

WOW!!!!!!!! I'm ecstatic over this hire!!! Just WOW!!!!!!

Welcome to the Auburn Family Coach Van Gorder! I wish you and your family the very best of everything in the future!

Did I mention I am ecstatic over this hire?  :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :partey:

AUsome hire. Coach Chiz knows how to play ball.

Btw, I read his bio on CVG's bio on Wikipedia and it lists in the "Personal" section along with his family's names, that he has two dogs (yellow labs), one named Bear, the other named Bryant.

#WDE

Really glad we didn't Stoop down to anyone else's level!  :wareagle:

You guys still think Coach Chizik has class? Way to go coach. There are recruits second guessing their commitments.

I think this had more to do with it being the day after the falcons final game as opposed to the day of the national championship

^^This^^ IMO.

Homerun hire.  :wareagle:

uga fans are extremely unhappy about this.  That makes me extremely happy about this.   :laugh: :laugh: :trampoline: :trampoline:

Falcons fans are happy he's gone. They do realize if not for his D yesterday, they would've been shut out right?

let the "flipping" begin

^^This^^ IMO.

Homerun hire.  :wareagle:

I haven't seen any announcement from Auburn.  What I have seen is from the Falcons.

What? Got some names, tell us.

Archived