New DC Named: Brian Van Gorder

AUSportTalk

Wow!  CGC hit that one out of the park.

Somehow Chiz came up in the bottom of the ninth, trailing by 4, with 2 outs and the bases loaded -- and he hit a 5-run homer  :dunno:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys still think Coach Chizik has class? Way to go coach. There are recruits second guessing their commitments.

Please explain you logic for this statement because I sure don't get it???????

Ware Eagle Coach!

I see you adjusted your "unless you're a...sniff...sniff"          ...bravo to you. :-X

Again, Way to go Coach Chizik!!!  I think we can fill the 9 or so scholarships left.  Today is a great day:Chizik, the face of Auburn, on ESPN, and a homerun DC in Van Gorder.  It's great to be an Auburn Tiger; even when a poster tries to steal your joy.  God Bless you anyway, AU81-

WAR EAGLE!!

Reread your first post.  It really sounds like you were criticizing CGC (that his timing was classless and it will cause recruits to second-guess themselves).

Home run hire???  How about a down by 3 runs, 2 outs, full count, bottom of the 9th inning, 7th game of the world series, grand slam hire??  

That's going a bit far, I think.

Excellent hire, and the long wait is explained by the fact that he was only recently freed up by the Falcons losing in the 1st round yesterday.  

I'm more concerned about the OC from a recruiting standpoint, though, and this makes me wonder if Coach Chizik might be waiting on another NFL coach to take that job, and the lack of urgency is once again due to the "we get him when his team bows out" factor.  Chizik could not have known when the Falcons would be eliminated, thereby freeing up Coach Van Gorder, which means that he must have been comfortable with the position being vacant through the Super Bowl as a "worst" case scenario.  This makes one wonder what Chizik's timeline is for the OC position as well.  I feel a severe sense of urgency given our needs and recruiting standing (particularly in numbers) as of today for this year's class, but it's entirely possible that Chizik simply does not share that sense of urgency, and is merely waiting on circumstances to free up the Coach that he already has lined up for the job.  

really?  All those words and not one of them positive about the job CGC just did for AU.  Geez, some people.

CGC hit this one out of the park!! I wouldn't expect less from the OC hire.  He knew Malzahn was a gem.  WAR EAGLE!!

So I guess we miss out on Stoop, Zook, RS, and had to settle for our 4th option?  ;)

This has been an open secret with The Falcons for about a month. So I dont think he was a " 4th option" per your

turdesque opinion.

Sorry I missed Mr Winky..I apologize if it was intended not to be a turdesque remark.

I have been wondering wateva happened to JBL of the WWE a great pik up I'm exited.  I have posted earlier that wen we signed him we had to sign the mustache to possibly coach the db's and Gorder will coach lb's. Jk

War Eagle!!

Home run hire???  How about a down by 3 runs, 2 outs, full count, bottom of the 9th inning, 7th game of the world series, grand slam hire??  

Excellent hire, and the long wait is explained by the fact that he was only recently freed up by the Falcons losing in the 1st round yesterday.  

I'm more concerned about the OC from a recruiting standpoint, though, and this makes me wonder if Coach Chizik might be waiting on another NFL coach to take that job, and the lack of urgency is once again due to the "we get him when his team bows out" factor.  Chizik could not have known when the Falcons would be eliminated, thereby freeing up Coach Van Gorder, which means that he must have been comfortable with the position being vacant through the Super Bowl as a "worst" case scenario.  This makes one wonder what Chizik's timeline is for the OC position as well.  I feel a severe sense of urgency given our needs and recruiting standing (particularly in numbers) as of today for this year's class, but it's entirely possible that Chizik simply does not share that sense of urgency, and is merely waiting on circumstances to free up the Coach that he already has lined up for the job.  

really?  All those words and not one of them positive about the job CGC just did for AU.  Geez, some people.

Yea he did. And Im with chiz i dont feel the major urgency. Good things take time, and in the long run if he needs to wait for the hire then by all means wait.

Great hire. Those of us who kept saying it would work out feel pretty darn smug right now.

So, this is an indication of how Coach Chizik does it. You can stop worrying about the OC, the recruiting class and all the other BS chicken little stuff. Coach has it all under control.

This is better than my Christmas gifts. Seriously.

Yea he did. And Im with chiz i dont feel the major urgency. Good things take time, and in the long run if he needs to wait for the hire then by all means wait.

you're correvct, my apologies.  All those words and two of them positive.

Guess all the weepers that spent two weeks doubting Chiz and generally spreading fear about the future of the AU football program might now be persuaded that Chiz and his guys know what they are doing...and in fact, might have actually had a "plan" for the two coordinator openings.    

It's been a couple of tough weeks for the "faithful and true" reading all the negativism...but I'm sure the negative nancys will find something else to gripe about.

Meanwhile:  :we:

Well this is all good but I don't guess we'll ever get a OC.  What are we going to do about that? We want ever get any recruits to come to Auburn. something needs to be done now. :laugh:

Great job again from the best coach in the world. :we:

Wow!!!  I saw Coach Van Gorder's name mentioned some earlier on and thought that Van Gorder was strictly an NFL Coach. I do not think CGC could have done any better. Coach Van Gorder is as about as good as it can get. I know the Doc, (me), has been antsy about getting a DC & OC on board. This was due to thinking the delay would hurt recruiting. If any harm has been done concerning recruiting, this hire should put it to rest. My sincere appology to all  in the Auburn family for doubting CGC and those on this board who chose to be patient and to give CGC the benefit of doubt.

WDE!!

Doc

Kind of hard to field a good defense when you trade all your draft picks for an overrated wr. When the Falcons didn't do that they were using all their high draft choices for other offensive players. BVG is a 715 type of home run hire and anyone who says other wise is a mouth breathing, mullet sporting, wife beater wearing bammer.

Guess all the weepers that spent two weeks doubting Chiz and generally spreading fear about the future of the AU football program might now be persuaded that Chiz and his guys know what they are doing...and in fact, might have actually had a "plan" for the two coordinator openings.    

It's been a couple of tough weeks for the "faithful and true" reading all the negativism...but I'm sure the negative nancys will find something else to gripe about.

Meanwhile:  :we:

yes they will  http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=43181.msg803538#msg803538

Wow!!!  I saw Coach Van Gorder's name mentioned some earlier on and thought that Van Gorder was strictly an NFL Coach. I do not think CGC could have done any better. Coach Van Gorder is as about as good as it can get. I know the Doc, (me), has been antsy about getting a DC & OC on board. This was due to thinking the delay would hurt recruiting. If any harm has been done concerning recruiting, this hire should put it to rest. My sincere appology to all  in the Auburn family for doubting CGC and those on this board who chose to be patient and to give CGC the benefit of doubt.

WDE!!

Doc

antsy Doc's.... not a good thing

Savorytiger,

Read these boards PLEASE!  AU64 gets it. I'm not going over all these boards or explaining myself.  But, I will take this time to say I hope the top defensive recruits start looking our way.  I don't know if anyone will change their mind. But I DO believe that we just got tougher because if they do what is asked, they have a greater chance of getting to the next level.  I DO believe that we just hired a gamechanger for the Eddie Goldman sweepstakes.  Wouldn't it be funny if Jordan Jenkins? changed his decision to Auburn today?  I can't wait to see us play again. I hope we whip Alabama.  

WAR EAGLE!!

:party:  I am shocked.  I was one of the negative Nellies that couldn't for the life of me understand why in the world it was taking so long to name someone.  Consider me a jack a$$.  This was worth the wait.  My apologies for doubting the leadership at Auburn.  Great news.   :party:

you're correvct, my apologies.  All those words and two of them positive.

:laugh:

Kind of hard to field a good defense when you trade all your draft picks for an overrated wr. When the Falcons didn't do that they were using all their high draft choices for players on the other offensive players. BVG is a 715 type of home run hire and anyone who says other wise is a mouth breathing, mullet sporting, wife beater wearing bammer.

I don't like Bama as much as the next guy, but Julio Jones is legit.  If you can't admit that, you have your head in the sand.

You guys still think Coach Chizik has class? Way to go coach. There are recruits second guessing their commitments.

Please explain you logic for this statement because I sure don't get it???????

Ware Eagle Coach!

I see you adjusted your "unless you're a...sniff...sniff"          ...bravo to you. :-X

Again, Way to go Coach Chizik!!!  I think we can fill the 9 or so scholarships left.  Today is a great day:Chizik, the face of Auburn, on ESPN, and a homerun DC in Van Gorder.  It's great to be an Auburn Tiger; even when a poster tries to steal your joy.  God Bless you anyway, AU81-

WAR EAGLE!!

Reread your first post.  It really sounds like you were criticizing CGC (that his timing was classless and it will cause recruits to second-guess themselves).

That is the way it reads.  And I adjusted my post after I read your profile post history.  I'm not above stating my first post was a reaction to your wording.  :we:

OK....Chiz got that out of the way...at last but I still don't understand why he didn't he get Stoops like everyone wanted?   And absolutely nothing in the wind about an OC so obviously Chiz is still sitting by the phone waiting for someone to call and ask for the job.  Meanwhile we will be lucky to  have five commits left after the BCS game tonight because everyone will be so impressed with the Bama O that they will want to go play for McIlwain.

There....was that sufficiently negative?   And in deference to Bird's moderating responsibilities, I tried to keep the number of words under control so he can check spelling and grammar without delay.

For the rest of you faithful fans....WDE....way to go Chiz...I never doubted you.

:we:

Archived