New DC Named: Brian Van Gorder

AUSportTalk

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys this is an incredible hire! I'm in total shock... in a good way. I've been telling everybody that brought his name up that he wasn't coming. As a season ticket holder to the Falcons, I've heard interviews where he has said for the last few years that he didn't want to go back to college. He's not the greatest with the media but this dude can flat out coach. I hate that he won't be coaching in Atlanta but I love the fact the he's coaching at the Alma Mater.

:believe:

Who is ready to apologize now?

Not me... :dunno:

Junebug, that was directed at me.

Polo...unbunch your panties and get over it dude. Nothing to apologize for.

Panties aint in a bunch! Sure felt good screwing that pooch though!

This hire exceeds my expectations..i'm happier with this hire than I would have been with anyone being discussed on this board.  I'm proud of Coach Gene Chizik and Auburn University.  I believe this will make a positive impact on defensive recruiting the next couple of weeks and even more importantly, the years ahead.  

I believe we will soon get the AU defense back to being one of the top in the nation.  

Possibly the best hire in Auburn history.

i will argue this point.  I'm leaning towards CGC before this one.  it's the whole chicken and egg arguement.  ;D

Home run hire???  How about a down by 3 runs, 2 outs, full count, bottom of the 9th inning, 7th game of the world series, grand slam hire??  

That's going a bit far, I think.

Excellent hire, and the long wait is explained by the fact that he was only recently freed up by the Falcons losing in the 1st round yesterday.  

I'm more concerned about the OC from a recruiting standpoint, though, and this makes me wonder if Coach Chizik might be waiting on another NFL coach to take that job, and the lack of urgency is once again due to the "we get him when his team bows out" factor.  Chizik could not have known when the Falcons would be eliminated, thereby freeing up Coach Van Gorder, which means that he must have been comfortable with the position being vacant through the Super Bowl as a "worst" case scenario.  This makes one wonder what Chizik's timeline is for the OC position as well.  I feel a severe sense of urgency given our needs and recruiting standing (particularly in numbers) as of today for this year's class, but it's entirely possible that Chizik simply does not share that sense of urgency, and is merely waiting on circumstances to free up the Coach that he already has lined up for the job.  

really?  All those words and not one of them positive about the job CGC just did for AU.  Geez, some people.

Yea he did. And Im with chiz i dont feel the major urgency. Good things take time, and in the long run if he needs to wait for the hire then by all means wait.

you're correvct, my apologies.  All those words and two of them positive.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived