Jordan Moore

AuburnWarVet

You've got to be kidding me - TCU is a perfectly okay school, but it's a school for hot blonde coeds. It ranked #97 in the US News Rankings, for whatever they are worth.  

The point is, there are kids who go to Stanford because of academics.  Don't try to sell anyone on the idea that you'd go to TCU because of its academics.

This.  Is.  A.  Disaster.  And it's just starting.

KVETCH!!! :laugh:

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got to be kidding me - TCU is a perfectly okay school, but it's a school for hot blonde coeds. It ranked #97 in the US News Rankings, for whatever they are worth.  

The point is, there are kids who go to Stanford because of academics.  Don't try to sell anyone on the idea that you'd go to TCU because of its academics.

This.  Is.  A.  Disaster.  And it's just starting.

:timeout:  :banghead:

Don't think the kid is kidding himself about being an Olympic sprinter. I could see him doing that. Look no reason to put down JM or TCU. He wants to go to TCU. Respect that. We will move and and so will he. Done with it.

I'm not putting him down.  The US sends three sprinters every four years.  These guys train for this pretty exclusively.  Guys at SEC schools, like Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin, have done well internationally, but these guys weren't playing football.  They also tend to be smaller - one reason Bolt is a freak is that he's over 200 lbs.  Trying being a safety at 180 lbs in Division IA.  Glad the kid is a dreamer, but I would not expect him to be an Olympian while playing college football.

I'm not putting him down.  The US sends three sprinters every four years.  These guys train for this pretty exclusively.  Guys at SEC schools, like Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin, have done well internationally, but these guys weren't playing football.  They also tend to be smaller - one reason Bolt is a freak is that he's over 200 lbs.  Trying being a safety at 180 lbs in Division IA.  Glad the kid is a dreamer, but I would not expect him to be an Olympian while playing college football.

I ran track in high school. (and played football and basketball) 

I KNEW I would never run track in college (even at NAIA level) - but I LOVED to run! So I enjoyed while I could.

We don't know what he was thinking but as AUBURN men and women we are supposed to show some class.!

Maybe I expect too much from people today but that was Shug's way and that's the era I came of age in.

I KNEW I would never run track in college (even at NAIA level) - but I LOVED to run! So I enjoyed while I could.

We don't know what he was thinking but as AUBURN men and women we are supposed to show some class.!

Maybe I expect too much from people today but that was Shug's way and that's the era I came of age in.

With all due respect, I don't appreciate the "class" card.  

My point is that some of the reasons given - like track and academics - weren't very good reasons.

And that means the coaches dropped the ball.

The kid is going to do what the kid is going to do.  But the coaches whiffed here.  As I said above, the only comfort I can take from this is that they'd been recruiting him for a month.  Maybe if they'd been involved sooner, they make their case a little better.

With all due respect, I don't appreciate the "class" card.  

My point is that some of the reasons given - like track and academics - weren't very good reasons.

And that means the coaches dropped the ball.

The kid is going to do what the kid is going to do.  But the coaches whiffed here.  As I said above, the only comfort I can take from this is that they'd been recruiting him for a month.  Maybe if they'd been involved sooner, they make their case a little better.

Jumping in the middle of a conversation apparently caused you to misunderstand.

A large % of the posts in this thread were lacking in class.  That is why I spoke up.

You can try to justify them if you want but I don't appreciate AU people acting that way.

Archived