Winning Big vs. Winning Clutch

TigerGlide

As I reflect on what Auburn has accomplished so far this season, this one thing sticks out as a possible achilles heel. If Auburn continues to put teams away early, does it cause a potential problem down the road. There will be a game in which Auburn will have to come from behind or need a key drive to win. Without being in that situation occasionally (with the exception of the LSU game), could it be difficult to be successful when it is required?

Ole Miss has won close games against Ark St., Vandy, South Carolina and UT with a record of 3-1 in those games.

UGA has been in close ones with Marshall, UT and South Carolina with a 2-1 record.

UT (if we meet them in the SECCG) has been in close games with UF, UGA and Ole Miss and are 3-0 in those games.

Are these teams more prepared for a close contest? Just a thought...would like some opinions.

Seems to me that we strike hard and early thus killing the will of the other team. Seeing Arky come out and score a TD on their first drive of the second half then seeing our guys come back and shut them down again makes me feel this method is just fine.

Does anyone think JC does not have the courage, leadership, and cool head to come from behind in a tough situation?

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I just think the UGA game, the SECCG (if we are in) and whatever bowl game we get will not be easy wins. I guess I wonder how a team that has not been in a tough battle for a string of games will perform in that situation.

I guess I'm letting my Braves anxiety creep in. We seem to clinch the division rather easily and cannot turn it back on in the playoffs.

Does anyone think JC does not have the courage, leadership, and cool head to come from behind in a tough situation?

:cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

112596[/snapback]

Nope. I think he has more than enough composure to get the job done :big::au:

Repeat after me...."It's okay to be the BEST team in the SEC. It's okay to be the BEST team in the SEC." :big:

Come on........ :blink:

Repeat after me...."It's okay to be the BEST team in the SEC. It's okay to be the BEST team in the SEC." :big:

Come on........ :blink:

112667[/snapback]

It is nice to have this problem, which basically boils down to this.

"Are we stomping people too badly?"

Gotta love it.

i think winning clutch builds confidence even more than winning big if the game is between equals. if you're going down to the wire with arkansas state, marshall, or vandy, that can't be great for team confidence. i also think we've done both this year (i still say lsu finishes the year with only two losses) by beating an equal late in the game and blowing out lesser opponents.

and the title game/bowl games don't have to be close. just ask lsu, neither one of those were very competitive for them last year.

"Just win, baby!"- Al Davis

Archived