Frank Cignetti Jr.

auburnlive

Cignetti was most successful serving as the offensive coordinator at Fresno State for four years from 2002 until 2006. In 2004, Fresno State's offense ranked fifth nationally and seventh in 2005. In 2004 Fresno State became the sixth team in NCAA history to score over 50 points in four consecutive games. The 2004 team also led the Western Athletic Conference in average yards per carry and amassed 65 touchdowns.

Cignetti served as the offensive coordinator for the North Carolina Tar Heels for the 2006 season. When Butch Davis was hired to replace former coach John Bunting at North Carolina, Davis relieved Cignetti of his coaching duties. Cignetti also served as offensive coordinator for the California Golden Bears.[1] Cignetti accepted a position as the offensive coordinator of the University of Pittsburgh football team under head coach Dave Wannstedt on February 18, 2009.[2]

Cignetti also served as quarterbacks coach for the New Orleans Saints and as an offensive assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Frank Cignetti was announced as the Offensive Coordinator for Rutgers University on January 3, 2011

A bit of trivia:  His father, Frank Cignetti, had the bad fortune of following Bobby Bowden as HC at West Virginia when Bowden left for Florida State... would have been about 1976.  I know this because I had just graduated Auburn and worked in West Virginia that fall... he lasted 3-4 years IIRC.   It didn't help that WVU's bitterest rival, Pitt, won the National Championship a year or two later (you may remember Johnny Majors had Tony Dorsett, Hugh Green, Mark May, and later Dan Marino)

Possible- has ties to NFL and college and has seen some great programs and systems, both passing and rushing, depending on the talent.

2002-2005 Fresno State (OC) coached david carr in there somewhere, their offense was pretty good

2006 North Carolina (OC/QB) really bad team, really bad offense.

2007 San Francisco 49ers (QB) we all saw what Alex Smith, et all, was then

2008 California (OC) had jahvid best, did pretty well offensively

2009–2010 Pitt (OC) used dion lewis pretty effectively for two years, let go when Dave Wannsted was fired

2011 Rutgers (OC) mediocre offense

Not to discredit any of the people that report for AU, but it's kinda funny to me that they are still pulling names out saying "X" person is being given a look as Auburn's next OC. After NOBODY mentioned BVG's name as a DC candidate. We heard just about every name in conjunction with our DC position and then Chizik says BVG was the only guy he ever went after. None of them have a clue as to what's going on. They are just launching darts into the darkness hoping they hit a bullseye.

Look guys our next oc is preparing for divisional round game this sat/sun...

That is what I have been saying since BVG was named right after the Falcons's season ended. That means they are coaching for one of the following teams:

The Saints

49ers

Broncos

Patriots

Texans

Ravens

Gaints

Packers

I don't know which coaches on these teams would seem a likely choice for CGC. Also if they make it to the Super Bowl it isn't until Feb 5th, after NSD.

Ok I have refrained from saying anything, but I am sick to death of Marshall and all of his wisdom.  I would like to ask him and Jeff Lee find new careeers and find people who are credible and reliable with some of their information.  I would prefer him say I have no idea instead of picking a hundred names and throwing them against the wall.  I hear Ted Roof needs a valet and God knows Marshall loves him!!!

Cignetti is backup plan or could be a backup to the backup plan.  Not the main target IMO

Look guys our next oc is preparing for divisional round game this sat/sun...

That is what I have been saying since BVG was named right after the Falcons's season ended. That means they are coaching for one of the following teams:

The Saints

49ers

Broncos

Patriots

Texans

Ravens

Gaints

Packers

I don't know which coaches on these teams would seem a likely choice for CGC. Also if they make it to the Super Bowl it isn't until Feb 5th, after NSD.

Brandon Jacobs would probably like the name change.

OMG this would be a disaster..., this guy would have less support than the new PSU coach. What's Chiz doing....two days ago I thought he was a genious with the the BVG hire and now some guy we never heard of is being mentioned....did Chiz suffer a mental meltdown?  What am I gonna say to my Bama friends when they rag me about this guy.  Besides that, the recruits will never have heard of him and most will de-commit by the weekend.  This is terrible, this is awful. ..I mean a guy from Rutgers and ten places before that....it's obvious he can't keep a job and besides, NS has shown no interest in him so Cignetti must be awful.

There, I think I've summarized the posts from AUC and a couple other boards....just to save folks on AE some time.  As for me.....I accept that Chiz has a plan and will find the people that will help him take AU in the direction that he wants it to go.

:we:

All I know is, it's Friday, the end of what seemed like a really long week, the start of a long weekend, and if we were to cap this day off with some good/great news, I don't think I could get any happier.

I read where Cignetti was the QB coach of Emory Blake's dad when he was with the Saints, and coached him to his highest QB rating before he was injured. 

I didn't know Blake's dad played for the Saints? :dunno:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Not to discredit any of the people that report for AU, but it's kinda funny to me that they are still pulling names out saying "X" person is being given a look as Auburn's next OC. After NOBODY mentioned BVG's name as a DC candidate. We heard just about every name in conjunction with our DC position and then Chizik says BVG was the only guy he ever went after. None of them have a clue as to what's going on. They are just launching darts into the darkness hoping they hit a bullseye.

Things that make you go "HMMMMMMM"

OMG this would be a disaster..., this guy would have less support than the new PSU coach. What's Chiz doing....two days ago I thought he was a genious with the the BVG hire and now some guy we never heard of is being mentioned....did Chiz suffer a mental meltdown?   What am I gonna say to my Bama friends when they rag me about this guy.  Besides that, the recruits will never have heard of him and most will de-commit by the weekend.   This is terrible, this is awful. ..I mean a guy from Rutgers and ten places before that....it's obvious he can't keep a job and besides, NS has shown no interest in him so Cignetti must be awful.

There, I think I've summarized the posts from AUC and a couple other boards....just to save folks on AE some time.   As for me.....I accept that Chiz has a plan and will find the people that will help him take AU in the direction that he wants it to go.

:we:

When I read something like this summarization, my first inclination is that it comes from a Bama fan or from a truly misguided AU fan that can probably not find Auburn without a map. I'll let CGC do the hiring. He's done pretty well so far.

Ok I have refrained from saying anything, but I am sick to death of Marshall and all of his wisdom.  I would like to ask him and Jeff Lee find new careeers and find people who are credible and reliable with some of their information.  I would prefer him say I have no idea instead of picking a hundred names and throwing them against the wall.  I hear Ted Roof needs a valet and God knows Marshall loves him!!!

Funny thing is, neither one of those guys will admit that they have no more of a clue that any other JoeBlow out there.

Archived