Top Players in the Country

Proud Tiger

ESPN has a list of their Top 100 plyers in the country. Auburn has three on the list (bama has none):

#8 Jason Campbell

#28 Carnell Williams

#37 Junior Rosegreen

Guess JC being #8 makes a lot of off-season armchair QBs look a little foolish. Glad we don't have any of those here :D

Those player rankings are always bogus. Just look at sportsline's, whos is completely based on statistics. Kiper's Big Board is the only one I trust. He still has RB at #5 and CW at #6.

ESPN has a list of their Top 100 plyers in the country. Auburn has three on the list (bama has none):

#8  Jason Campbell

#28 Carnell Williams

#37 Junior Rosegreen

Guess JC being #8 makes a lot of off-season armchair QBs look a little foolish. Glad we don't have any of those here :D

112867[/snapback]

I thought it was interesting that we have none considering the fact that Wesley Britt is on EVERYONE's All America list. And a sure fire 1st round pick.

BG, I had to post this. I don't know if Britt is one of the Top 100 players, simply because I don't study the play of UA's players. That said, he certainly will qualify as one of the Top 100 player citizens. He is a credit to your school.

#8  Jason Campbell

#28 Carnell Williams

#37 Junior Rosegreen

112867[/snapback]

I thought it was interesting that we have none considering the fact that Wesley Britt is on EVERYONE's All America list. And a sure fire 1st round pick.

112895[/snapback]

I can't believe Ronnie (outplaying Carnell HANDS DOWN right now) and Carlos Rogers (shutdown corner) are left off while Rosegreen and Caddy make the tops of the list.

No disrespect to the two guys, but this list MUST've been made on hype (Carnell) and statistics (Rosegreen).

No disrespect to the two guys, but this list MUST've been made on hype (Carnell) and statistics (Rosegreen).

112905[/snapback]

I see your point about Carnell, but apart from statistics, what would you use to make a list of the best players in college football? :blink:

CORRECTION to my original post in this thread. Ronnie Brown did make the list at #46. The article I read said Auburn had three players on the list so when I saw three I didn't read on down the list.

112905[/snapback]

I see your point about Carnell, but apart from statistics, what would you use to make a list of the best players in college football? :blink:

112911[/snapback]

Objection noted, but wouldn't you admit that his stats are slightly bloated from one game?!

junior has been the quarterback in the secondary all year. he gives us versatility that no other team in the conference can match b/c he's a great safety in zone, he can play the run, and he can match up with wide receivers one on one. he still may be the second best corner on the team. i think he's deserving of his spot with or without the one huge game.

carlos should be on there. he is making dollar bills for himself. he's a lock for the second round, and a strong combine could get him higher. great tackler, lockdown corner in man, blazing speed, and size.

if this thing is purely based on this year, carnell is overrated. if it's purely based on talent, he's underrated.

ronnie b is underrated either way (although his numbers this year aren't eyepopping b/c we don't play him or carnell in the fourth very much and he sat out the citadel).

Britt threatened to kick my ass back in high school.............I hope i can look back on that in the future and tell my kids i almost got beat up by a NFL superstar.

I think i could take him now though :moon::D

Archived