Why are people giving UAT any chance?

Aubie7

Let's be serious about this one.

Why should anyone believe that UAT will go into UT and win? I don't want to hear about where each team's backs rank in the conference in rushing or crap like that. I want to know why anyone, in their right mind (so there goes a lot of responses from the UAT side) would think that UAT will win. What has UAT done this year, on the field, to show that they have any chance to win Saturday? Who have they beat? Look at UT. What have they done to show that they deserve the respect they have in the media? Anyone have answers to these questions?

Let's be serious about this one.

Why should anyone believe that UAT will go into UT and win? I don't want to hear about where each team's backs rank in the conference in rushing or crap like that. I want to know why anyone, in their right mind (so there goes a lot of responses from the UAT side) would think that UAT will win. What has UAT done this year, on the field, to show that they have any chance to win Saturday? Who have they beat? Look at UT. What have they done to show that they deserve the respect they have in the media? Anyone have answers to these questions?

112946[/snapback]

They have a good defense and a solid running game....

.....against nobody teams. :poke:

i don't...i just watched the bammer-usm replay and that was two bad teams just flat trying to ruin the game of football.....if usm had their 1st team qb, it would have been a different game......the backup dude had receivers running wide open and he ain't come close to hitting them....bammer has no quarterback, period......UT will beat hell out of bammer...mark it down

Alabama has a solid running game and a pretty good defense. They could beat anyone on a given night.

Tennessee won a game they should have lost against Florida, got pantsed by us, looked horrible against Ole Miss and beat Georgia. Their erratic play is caused by inexperience at key positions such as QB.

It's perfectly logical to think UAT can beat UT.

Alabama has a solid running game and a pretty good defense. They could beat anyone on a given night.

Tennessee won a game they should have lost against Florida, got pantsed by us, looked horrible against Ole Miss and beat Georgia. Their erratic play is caused by inexperience at key positions such as QB.

It's perfectly logical to think UAT can beat UT.

112954[/snapback]

I agree.

And Bill Murray is my favorite actor/comedian.

bama could win b/c i think you can run on the vols. granted we didn't really have to, but it can be done (they still haven't replaced simon). so that means bama is gonna have a chance to move the ball. plus, the vols secondary is as feeble as they come in the sec. those young guys have talent, but they will give up huge plays. i don't know if bama can get the ball to any receiver, but who knows.

and bama's d is good enough to make ainge beat them. if you take away the run, ut becomes a lot less scary offensively (just ask ole miss). too inconsistent offensively and overall to say it's a lock. but ut should win.

I personally think Bammer walks out of Rocky Top with a W. 17-13. Even though UT is playing in front of a home crowd... 15000 bammers will still make it a hostile environment for the UT Freshmen QBs. Bammer plays better defense... and now knows it can run the football. It'll be an ugly ugly game. Tennessee can't tackle!

I also think UT loses to South Carolina. (trust me UT fans... better to lose these two then to make it to the championship game against AU again. It might finish 60-10 the next time). I think UF beats UGA and UF makes it to the championship game.

I could be wrong doesn't happen much but it has happen before... yeah i remember I thought I was wrong once but I really wasn't. haha

1) They have a solid OL

2) They can run the ball.

3) UT's run defense is shakey.

4) Alabama is playing solid defense.

5) Ole Miss gave UT a run for their money.

1) They have a solid OL

2) They can run the ball.

3) UT's run defense is shakey.

4) Alabama is playing solid defense.

5) Ole Miss gave UT a run for their money.

112977[/snapback]

Ditto.

Bama's D will keep it close enough.

Can the limited O seal the deal? I dont know.

If Bama keeps it close for 3 quarters, they could do it. They fall behind early, it may be over.

Take the hatred factor out of it and look at it simply as 2 SEC teams going at it in a huge rivalry game. The above posts have pointed to some pretty good reasons that Bama has a chance in this one. UT has looked very vulnerable in several games this season and still has a freshman QB that looks the part sometimes.

Bama has just the type of D to force Ainge into those freshman mistakes. A turnover here or there and Bama establishing their running game(which they will do) and this could be a war. Talent and depth wise, I think UT should take this one but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this one come down to the last possession.

The original question was "Why are people giving UAT any chance? "

My question is why would we care? They are Bama and we do not play them for over three weeks. If Bama had to lose for us to move up in the polls or the SEC race then I would care but I do not care if they win or lose.

We need to worry about Kentucky this week and hope that someone beats Miami, Oklahoma or USC.

mainly b/c we're not five-year old single-minded children. we're adults that are fully capable of thinking and considering more than one thing at a time. i'm juiced for the game this weekend. i'm excited to see how we handle being a prohibitive favorite, and if the bcs distraction has affected our game preparation. but i'm also a college football fan. i'm really excited to see the bama/ut game that has been building due to massive controversy for the last two years. i'm excited to see if the bosox can force a game seven tonight. i'm also concentrating on the work i have to have finished by tomorrow. see? it's easy to think about more than one thing at a time so as long as i don't have to suit up for auburn to win, i'll continue to do so.

wouldn't georgia love a UT loss! i imagine Slink is a HUGE bammer this weekend...of course, we all know he's had latent bammer tendencies all along.

i think the game will be very competitive until UAT gets tired.

ct

I am sorry, but, I must ask...Who really cares? :D

We have already toasted ut and are already warmin' up the coals for uat. :)

We really would want ut to win out so that we would play a one loss team in the SEC Championship game due to the BS (oops forgot the C) poll. We would want ga to win all their remaining games (ours excluded of course). With them winning all their games and us beating them it would be a tremendous boast in our rankings.

So I guess I don't care if bama has a chance or not, ut needs to win this one. Also we probably would want bama to win out also so that it would give us a boast also when we beat them.

On a different note did anyone watch the Totally Football show on Sports South? They talked to USC's coach and to OU's coach about the BS poll. They also talked about Miami's chances. It seemed that they were ignoring the fact that we were undeafeted also. NO RESPECT!

Another thing I think there is a tremendous bias against the :sec: .

:au:

You are correct. You know it really must chap those folks to know we just demolished the best team they have played who, by the way, demolished them. :P

I give uat two chances...Slim and none. :big:

ole miss, who lost to wyoming, was beating ut in the fourth. that alone lets me know that just about any decent team has a shot at ut.

It's easy for Bama's defensive to look good against the pass(I think they're ranked number one) when they haven't played anybody who could pass yet...except for Arky which they lost to...

UT hates Bama they will be ready....the only reason UT had trouble with Ole Miss is cause they were clearly looking ahead....

UT 28

Bama 13

mainly b/c we're not five-year old single-minded children. we're adults that are fully capable of thinking and considering more than one thing at a time. i'm juiced for the game this weekend. i'm excited to see how we handle being a prohibitive favorite, and if the bcs distraction has affected our game preparation. but i'm also a college football fan. i'm really excited to see the bama/ut game that has been building due to massive controversy for the last two years. i'm excited to see if the bosox can force a game seven tonight. i'm also concentrating on the work i have to have finished by tomorrow. see? it's easy to think about more than one thing at a time so as long as i don't have to suit up for auburn to win, i'll continue to do so.

112992[/snapback]

???????????????????????? :huh:

Archived