Countdown to National Signing Day: A little more than 7 days

AUSportTalk

Rumor is that AU said they might not have room for him but I don't know if that's believable.

if true that is great news

Like I have posted before, NSD is going to be a reality that hits us square in the face....Good or bad.

wde

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor is that AU said they might not have room for him but I don't know if that's believable.

if true that is great news

Like I have posted before, NSD is going to be a reality that hits us square in the face....Good or bad.

wde

I agree, but I am inclined to believe it is going to be a great day for AU.  I just believe Auburn will shock the world with our finish.    ;)

Reminds me of the scene in Apollo 13:

NASA Director: This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever faced.

Gene Kranz: With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.

ST, is there any particular reason(s) we never seemed to pursue Trae Elston?  I know this doesnt have much to do with our recruiting, its just something I would like to know...Thanks

javascript:void(0); Really surprised that Avery Young is listed as only 60% to Auburn. Everything I've seen and read, he winds up signing with us. I would put him more at 90%. Will be surprised if we get Armstead brothers, but Arik is maybe 40-50%. War Eagle!!!! Let's close strong and get ready for the coming year.

ST--

1. Are any of our main targets expected to sign before NSD?

2. Channing Ward -- Has that ship sailed??

1.  I think you mean 'verbally commit'.  Can't sign before NSD.

ST, is there any particular reason(s) we never seemed to pursue Trae Elston?  I know this doesnt have much to do with our recruiting, its just something I would like to know...Thanks

The coaches aren't very high on him in the secondary and he doesn't really project anywhere else.

ST--

1. Are any of our main targets expected to sign before NSD?

2. Channing Ward -- Has that ship sailed??

Not ST but I can tell you Ward has told the coaches to stop recruiting him.

What's going on with Armstead? Seems that everyone around here has given up on him. I hear that CGC had an in-home visit with him yesterday. Do we still have any shot with him?

ST, Are the late announcements of so many of our recruits this year planned by the staff in order to create more buzz or is it more to do with this years recruiting circumstances (or another reason)?

What's going on with Armstead? Seems that everyone around here has given up on him. I hear that CGC had an in-home visit with him yesterday. Do we still have any shot with him?

:timeout:

I haven't heard the "fat lady sing", yet... Still fair game for AU as of last night...

ST, Are the late announcements of so many of our recruits this year planned by the staff in order to create more buzz or is it more to do with this years recruiting circumstances (or another reason)?

I've wondered the same thing.  After all of the negative publicity in the last year+, I could picture the coaches wanting to create a big wave of positive momentum.

The situation changed.  Two weeks ago they were going to make a decision in a matter of days and enroll in school immediately.  Now, they are going to wait.

Probably stays out west unless the SEC comes through with a waiver on Armond.

Surely we'll know about the waiver before NSD, right?  I mean, it's not exactly a secret that a non-answer is essentially the same as 'no.'

Maybe having uat also recruiting them will help.

WDE!

Probably stays out west unless the SEC comes through with a waiver on Armond.

Surely we'll know about the waiver before NSD, right?  I mean, it's not exactly a secret that a non-answer is essentially the same as 'no.'

Maybe having uat also recruiting them will help.

WDE!

If Arik is patient he does not have to know by NSD. He just has to know by April 1.

Archived