2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

Guest jrljr

He and DL are the #1 & 2  DT's I have seen. There are other great ones but I'll take these two Thank you very much!

:aufb:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get too caught up in his highlight videos.  He plays in the smallest classification in Georgia - Class A and the region his team is in is weak.  Not knocking him at all...he's very good and dominates as he should against very weak lines.  Would be great along with DLiner.

If we land Adams, Lawson, and Liner....that'd be right up there with FSU's DL class last year and UFs the year before. Woooooo Weeeeeee!

And to think Foster, Frost, and Williams will be playing right behind them!!!

I find it interesting that one key to our chances with him, lies with none other than our much-maligned defensive line coach, one Mike Pelton.  Remember the day when the sky was falling because CMP could never recruit like Coach Rocker!! :thumbsup:;D

I find it interesting that one key to our chances with him, lies with none other than our much-maligned defensive line coach, one Mike Pelton.  Remember the day when the sky was falling because CMP could never recruit like Coach Rocker!! :thumbsup:;D

Lets see some LOIs before we herald CMP as a dynamite recruiter

^^This

in the same way some should have waited before they criticized him, huh?

Get a clue, sunshine pumper--all our coaches suck at everything until proven otherwise. (And the statute of limitations on non-suckitude = one offseason)  :banghead:

I'll. Reiterate what Jonsey said we lead and it isn't all that close at the moment.

I also think he's the best DT in this class and the best D-line prospect this year assuming ROBERT N is a OLB.

I'll. Reiterate what Jonsey said we lead and it isn't all that close at the moment.

I also think he's the best DT in this class and the best D-line prospect this year assuming ROBERT N is a OLB.

I think I want to hold off on that one for another year of evaluation...see their sr. year. But, If I had to give one out right now, there is no doubt in my mind it goes to Dee Liner. I never knew RN was even considered at OLB?

Pelton has done a great job recruiting, and I'm sure he has done his part with Adams, but BVG is probably the biggest reason we are sitting so pretty with Adams

Let me interject something novel to this discussion; facts.  Adams' high school defensive line coach is named  Shelton Felton.  He played his college football at Troy University, under the tutilege of his defensive line coach at Troy, by the name of.......wait for it............ MIKE PELTON!!  Now I know you creative guys on here can come up with something on the Shelton Felton Pelton connection!!  :party: :party: :bananadance: :bananadance: :trampoline::yay:

Pelton has done a great job recruiting, and I'm sure he has done his part with Adams, but BVG is probably the biggest reason we are sitting so pretty with Adams

Let me interject something novel to this discussion; facts.  Adams' high school defensive line coach is named  Shelton Felton.  He played his college football at Troy University, under the tutilege of his defensive line coach at Troy, by the name of.......wait for it............ MIKE PELTON!!  Now I know you creative guys on here can come up with something on the Shelton Felton Pelton connection!!   :party: :party: :bananadance: :bananadance: :trampoline::yay:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I want to hold off on that one for another year of evaluation...see their sr. year. But, If I had to give one out right now, there is no doubt in my mind it goes to Dee Liner. I never knew RN was even considered at OLB?

Liner is right up there with the best in this class, not sure if I would put him over Adams yet. The thing with Liner is that he could end up at DE or DT. And with RN, it all depends on what kind of D the team he goes to runs. He could be elite as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB.

Let me interject something novel to this discussion; facts.  Adams' high school defensive line coach is named  Shelton Felton.  He played his college football at Troy University, under the tutilege of his defensive line coach at Troy, by the name of.......wait for it............ MIKE PELTON!!  Now I know you creative guys on here can come up with something on the Shelton Felton Pelton connection!!   :party: :party: :bananadance: :bananadance: :trampoline::yay:

Wow, didn't know this. Thanks!

Adams plays at Dooly Co. High School in Vienna, Ga.  Shelton Felton, his DL coach, played at Crisp County which is only 15 miles from Vienna.  Crisp County High School sent several players to AU....Whit Smith, Josh Weldon, Wesley Hill and the infamous QB..Meiko Collier.  And Adams high school coach, Jimmy Hughes (went to Ga. Tech), was a coach at Crisp Co. when Felton, Hill, Collier, etc played.  There's some back ground for y'all. 

Apparently Adams and Carl Lawson are friends too. We got a lot going for us in this case. Also Adams said his momma really likes Auburn.

Possibly if he wasnt out recruited by a quarterbacks coach last year.

I think Carl Lawson should be in the discussion on the best D-line prospect.

Agreed. Outside of Nkemdiche, Lawson is the best DE in this class, IMO.

And Liner has the best punch of all of the DTs. Once he gains college weight, Liner will be unstoppable.

That quarterbacks coach is one of the best recruiters in the nation and stole recruits from many schools last year.

I think Carl Lawson should be in the discussion on the best D-line prospect.

Agreed. Outside of Nkemdiche, Lawson is the best DE in this class, IMO.

And Liner has the best punch of all of the DTs. Once he gains college weight, Liner will be unstoppable.

^^^^^^^^this

DC was considered ACC recruiter of the year. However, going head to head, DC took Shanks and MP took Nero.  I think MP came out ahead.  DC also lost Ricardo Louis to Trooper.

DC was considered ACC recruiter of the year. However, going head to head, DC took Shanks and MP took Nero.  I think MP came out ahead.  DC also lost Ricardo Louis to Trooper.

What about Goldman?

Archived