2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

I find it interesting that one key to our chances with him, lies with none other than our much-maligned defensive line coach, one Mike Pelton.  Remember the day when the sky was falling because CMP could never recruit like Coach Rocker!! :thumbsup:;D

Lets see some LOIs before we herald CMP as a dynamite recruiter

in the same way some should have waited before they criticized him, huh?

Possibly if he wasnt out recruited by a quarterbacks coach last year.

DC was considered ACC recruiter of the year. However, going head to head, DC took Shanks and MP took Nero.  I think MP came out ahead.  DC also lost Ricardo Louis to Trooper.

What about Goldman?

he was recruited by Thigpin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting that one key to our chances with him, lies with none other than our much-maligned defensive line coach, one Mike Pelton.  Remember the day when the sky was falling because CMP could never recruit like Coach Rocker!! :thumbsup:;D

DC was considered ACC recruiter of the year. However, going head to head, DC took Shanks and MP took Nero.  I think MP came out ahead.  DC also lost Ricardo Louis to Trooper.

What about Goldman?

and to add to that he was not recruited by DC. I believe his recruiter at F$U was Stoops. Doesn't matter anyways with the D line class we are going to bring in this year anywhos  :wedance:

What about Goldman?

Gotcha

What about Goldman?

so your saying we gotta get rid of thig???  ;D

What about Goldman?

so your saying we gotta get rid of thig???  ;D

Haha

Since I started this, I thought I'd jump in again.  First, I said I found it interesting the CMP was instrumental in this kids recruitment, but I in no way anointed him a great recruiter.  However, with that said, he ain't hurtin'ur chances here!!  And for those who decided to go back to last year to blame CMP for the losses of Goldman, Casher, et al, frankly that's totally a miscalculation of variables and an obtuse comparison of irrevelant facts.  If you're still with me, both Dee Liner and Carl Lawson have both mentioned CMP in their lists of reasons to be committed to Auburn.  If our D-line contributes this year, and shows the tenacity and meanness of a Tracy Rocker-type player, watch a few more heads turn our direction.  In closing, as I know the man personally, I can tell you Coach Rocker absolutely hated recruiting outside the friendly confines of our athletic complex.  He was not a prospector, but once they got the kid inside the door, then he flourished.  Now, back to the main feature.

We forget that CMP developed Umenyiora and Demarcus Ware into NFL talents. Ware is like one of the highest paid DE/OLB in the NFL. CMP didn't develop them on the SEC level, but nonetheless they are at or near the top of the league at their respective positions in the NFL.

2011 was Pelton's 1st year in the SEC as a DL coach. I gave him a pass because he needed time to develop relationships with the prospects he was recruiting. Man, he is making up for lost time this go round!!!

Besides Adams, Jay Ellison has us at the top of his list. All of these top DL showing interest in Auburn is a good problem to have.  :party:

We forget that CMP developed Umenyiora and Demarcus Ware into NFL talents.

I haven't forgotten about them . I think about those two guys subliminally just about every time Pelton's name comes up. They're his "star pupils " and pretty much the only guys MP has to hang his hat on(though not too shabby) . I'm hoping that in another year or two we'll be forgetting about "Boot" and Osi because of the multiple Auburn guys Pelton sends to the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone here said were leading big time!

If we truly lead for him, he's doing the best job of all time at misleading seemingly everyone else.

And ESPN says Dee Liner is the top DT in the country. So in this case, I prefer to go by them (but I flip-flop on a case-by-case basis, natch).  :wedance:

Two of the least biased recruitniks on here, Smuphy and Jonesy, have said we lead significantly.  That's as solid as it comes.

Kkolumbo said we'd really have screw things up to miss out on Adams.

Adams, Liner, and Lawson would rival UF's DL class two years ago and FSU's last year.

We need to start stockin up on DL recruits cuz in 2 years we are losing 6 DL who (other than Sanders) were all huge contributers and played a lot.

Lemonier, Eguae, Whitaker, Ford, Carter, Sanders are all JRs.

Adams, Liner, and Lawson would rival UF's DL class two years ago and FSU's last year.

We need to start stockin up on DL recruits cuz in 2 years we are losing 6 DL who (other than Sanders) were all huge contributers and played a lot.

if you think that, then you haven't been paying close attention.

if you think that, then you haven't been paying close attention.

I really like Sanders a lot and seems to be a grea kid, and think he is very talented, but he is playing behind a really deep DE spot....Do you really think he is going to contribute on the field a lot this year on the DL??? He hasn't seen the field very much at all (other than special teams) the past 2 years.....

What have i not been paying attention to? I keep up with this stuff every day and I haven't heard or read anything about him being a force next season (Ford, Lemonier, Whitaker, Sigler, etc...I have seen getting a lot of praise), not much on Sanders though, so could you please fill me in on what I'm missing??

Not Bird, but Sanders has played well of the bench when called upon and he is a straight up assassin on Special Teams.

Guest jrljr

Sanders teammates call him "Animal" because he really never makes an impact and has barely seen the field.

Really Weezy? He doesn't start but he does play quite a bit especially after Ford got hurt. Maybe watch a few games. LOL!

Adams is visiting for big cat weekend.

I've been told he's looking forward to talking to other guys about Auburn.

Adams is visiting for big cat weekend.

I've been told he's looking forward to talking to other guys about Auburn.

You're flirtin' again Jonesy...........bad thing is, I like it

Archived