Remember that guy...

woods1110

All I could think about during Spring Pratice was, "God, I'm glad Jacobs is gone." His departure freed up a logjam and took all the pressure off of Carnell and Ronnie and let Carl Stewart and Kenny Irons step up during Spring Drills. Thank God he's gone.

Best of luck to him in the future.

Looks like he's only averaging under 5 yds a carry. Not bad, but I expected more from him when he transferred. He should be more of a force with the teams he's playing against.

Looks like he's only averaging under 5 yds a carry.  Not bad, but I expected more from him when he transferred.  He should be more of a force with the teams he's playing against.

113304[/snapback]

A couple of the games he only got 3 and 5 carries. Wonder what's up with that. I'm sure the pro's will take a chance on him. His special teams play is good enough for that.

he got himself on the field. that's more than he was going to do here. i liked brandon, but he just isn't as good as carnell or ronnie. i'm glad to see him doing well. i hope they keep spooning the ball to the big fella and he gets drafted next spring.

I noticed he had 97yds on 19 carries against Western Kentucky. Last year while at Auburn, BJ gained 103 on 10 carries against WKU.

well like we wanted to do, he should be moved to linebacker. He would be perfect as a LB. I thought he had a chance to be really good, but he thinks he's better than he is.

Actually, all the pro scouts were projecting him as a TE at the next level. The AU coaches tried to get him play TE because of this and because they had a need for more TEs. He could have gotten a ton of playing time this year. Unfortunately, we won't know how good he could have been playing on this team in CAB's system. Good luck to him and I hope he grows up soon & realizes that if he has even the slightest inclination of ever wanting to receive a pay check to play ball, he's going to have to play a position dictated by his employer.

he got himself on the field. that's more than he was going to do here.

I think Loggerhead's right on this one. Brandon could've easily seen playing time at the TE position, but for some reason, he insisted on remaining at the TB position even though the staff tried their best to convince him to contribute at a different position. And while I admire the young man for sticking with his convictions, I'm not certain I agree with the characterization that Brandon wasn't presented an opportunity for playing time at AU.

Archived