I knew it could not last long...

clantontiger

Well it is official I knew it could not last long. The Bammers are at it again. They are feeling their oats. On Finebaum all the Bammers are calling up saying how much better AL is than AU. If we win the MNC the that is just 2 and we have 12, blah blah blah. What a bunch of turds.

Just to add to this, I was on the linked UA forum talking about UT spying on the UA practice. I started lurking to see what they were saying about AU. Saw several post where the guys are saying if we do go all the way, they'll let us have it. Instead of having 1/12 of their MNCs, we will then have 1/6. (Surprised that they could actually do such complicated math) The line that got me was 'we'll let them have it'. Made it sound like UA is the grand master of the NCAA championship board.

It's called the "Bahr" complex. See, the average UAT fan believes that they are one year away from returning the Bahr greatness. But the truth is, they will not get back to it. Without being able to hold off the NCAA, they won't be able to "treat" players the way the Bahr did. I used to respect him, but as the truth of is winning way came out, I lost all respect for his records and his MNCs. They can count them all they want, but the future is not very bright at the Capstone.

They were 'sore winners' for so many years, they only know one way to act. It's now turned to being 'sore losers'. As I continue to say, Any time, any day, any month, any year, any sport. If UA loses, I'm happy.

look fella's, those shaneheads are JEALOUS of us this year....they cannot stand it because AU is stealing all the attention....if you have small children you will know what i am about to say is the truth....when you show attention to one,then the other shows his ass just to try and get your attention away from his sibling.....bammer reflects the actions of those small children....next thing they will do is lie down in the floor and kick and scream and poot in their pants....here is where we come in......we tolerate it for a while and then we spank their little asses

...they won't be able to "treat" players the way the Bahr did. I used to respect him, but as the truth of is winning way came out, I lost all respect for his records and his MNCs. They can count them all they want, but the future is not very bright at the Capstone.

Indeed, I know just what you mean.

Those reported remarks by the Bammers are quite amusing.

However, their 12 national championships are simply an indication of how far their program has dropped without the open wallet policies of the previous decades.

I have a good friend who is a Bammer friend. Bammer football was the highlight of his fall. His parents and mine would attend bowl games and watch UAT win national championships. Now, football is just something that happens. He watches the games, but doesn't really get excited if they win or lose. I must say I've enjoyed watching the life slowly drain from Bammer football.

The program at AU is getting stronger. We'll have a set back next year with the loss of Campbell, Williams, and Brown, but the underlying foundation will be stronger than ever if this season continues to rock on.

War Eagle! Yesterday, today, and when my son gets there in six years.

Set-back? I thought the same thing this year with the D up-front losses. Didn't think the O could carry us alone.

I don't want to start looking to next year--this season is too rich. But we'll see about next year next year.

This is great. I was reading an article about how "up and down" Bama has been this year. They couldn't figure out why Bama was so "dominant" in it's first three games (against patsies), then got blown away the next two (oops, SEC schedule), and now are back in control (UK and S. Miss are definately world-beaters). Whats so frickin hard to figure out. They're going to beat all of the true dregs, and lose to the teams that are half-way decent. At least their upcoming 1-3 stretch will shut them up (a little) again.

... The program at AU is getting stronger.  We'll have a set back next year with the loss of Campbell, Williams, and Brown, but the underlying foundation will be stronger than ever if this season continues to rock on.

War Eagle!  Yesterday, today, and when my son gets there in six years.

113375[/snapback]

Agree wholeheartedly with the first sentence. Not to take anything away from this year's team but next year will not be a rebuilding year. It will be a reloading year. Even after losing JC, CW & RB to graduation, here's our backfield stable for next year. FB: Jake Slaughter & Mike McLaughlin; TB: Tre Smith, Kenny Irons, Carl Stewart, Brad Lester, Gerald Watson; QB: Brandon Cox, Calvin Booker, Blake Field. I don't know about anybody else, but I've been watching Carl Stewart closely when he gets in for mop up duty, and I like what I see. He reminds me of Ronnie Brown. Irons, Smith & Lester run similar to CW. Watson is pure speed. If he learns how to hang on to the ball, we will have a legit punt/KO return threat. Most of the receivers return. We'll have some shoes to fill on the OL after losing Lindsey & Ingle but a lot of backups have received plenty of playing time this year. We're going to be fine. There might be a dropoff in production next year but I doubt if it will be all that much. Remember too that next year will be the 2nd year of CAB's system. :au: WDE

maybe i'm retarded but what do you mean by MNC's? I know it's National Champions but what is the M for?

113399[/snapback]

Mythical. The NCAA doesn't now & never has sanctioned or officially recognized a National Champion in the sport of Div I-A football. Link

The NCAA does not conduct a championship for Division I-A football. Instead, these teams participate in a national championship system developed by the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) organization.

Not so in Divisions I-AA, II & III, which have an actual playoff format: Link

i think bama fans actually pulled two national championships out of their a#@#$. acorrding to every record i have ever seen they only have ten.

1. 1925

2. 1926 shared

3. 1930 shared

4. 1961

5. 1964

6. 1965 shared

7. 1973 shared

8. 1978 shared

9. 1979

10. 1992

if there is a more enlightened bammer on this board could you tell me where the other two are?

i think bama fans actually pulled two national championships out of their a#@#$. acorrding to every record i have ever seen they only have ten.

1. 1925

2. 1926 shared

3. 1930 shared

4. 1961

5. 1964

6. 1965 shared

7. 1973 shared

8. 1978 shared

9. 1979

10. 1992

if there is a more enlightened bammer on this board could you tell me where the other two are?

113403[/snapback]

It's easier just to go by the six awarded by the ap.

Whenever obnoxious Bama fans bring up their past glory and start counting MNC's, my standard response is something like this:

"Yes, you have a great heritage and were a great football power years ago. I acknowledge your history--facts are facts. You have every right to be proud of your past.

But then, two millenia ago Italy was the dominant military power in the world and was kicking everybody's butt. 1200 years ago Iraq was the most civilized country in the world. And Yale, Princeton , and Notre Dame claim more national championships* than you (Bama). So in the words of Janet Jackson: 'What have you done for me lately?'"

Unfortunately, this only causes them to pause briefly as they struggle to think of a comeback--it never shuts them up for good. <_<

*According to this website:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/national_...champs_team.php

It's easier just to go by the six awarded by the ap.

113411[/snapback]

It's like those shirts GOT 12? every time I see people wearing them I want to get them and say no and neither do you. Every time anything is said outside of the UAT group about nation titles its always 6, I dont see why the rest of the country can get that UAT only has 6 while they keep saying 12. :blink:

Every time i see a GOt 12 shirt i want to puke because its stupid corny marketing.

I do think its funny though that you guys dont see how quickly AU fans have taken on the traits that they have for so long slammed alabama fans for having.

Didnt take long for you guys to start looking down your nose at everyone else.

Every time i see a GOt 12 shirt i want to puke because its stupid corny marketing.

I do think its funny though that you guys dont see how quickly AU fans have taken on the traits that they have for so long slammed alabama fans for having.

Didnt take long for you guys to start looking down your nose at everyone else.

113669[/snapback]

How is complaining about Bama arrogance even in their own defeat "looking down our nose at everyone else." We've been doing this for YEARS!!!!!

:D

Rainman's got a point. We didn't just start complaining about the MNC thing this year cause' we're having a good season. We've been arguing that for years and years. :D

Archived