I knew it could not last long...

clantontiger

Gotta' love it ! ! !

bg worrying about US looking down our noses at uat ! ! ! :D

GREAT example of the state of the State in Football ! ! ! :big:

WAR EAGLE....ONE at a time ! ! ! :au:

Those reported remarks by the Bammers are quite amusing.

However, their 12 national championships are simply an indication of how far their program has dropped without the open wallet policies of the previous decades.

I have a good friend who is a Bammer friend.  Bammer football was the highlight of his fall.  His parents and mine would attend bowl games and watch UAT win national championships.  Now, football is just something that happens.  He watches the games, but doesn't really get excited if they win or lose.  I must say I've enjoyed watching the life slowly drain from Bammer football.

The program at AU is getting stronger.  We'll have a set back next year with the loss of Campbell, Williams, and Brown, but the underlying foundation will be stronger than ever if this season continues to rock on.

War Eagle!  Yesterday, today, and when my son gets there in six years.

113375[/snapback]

Nice post

BG, I don't see how we're looking down our noses. We're excited as Hell because our team looks so good - but who have we been looking down on? If anything, we've been bery careful to focus our attention only on the next team we have to play.

Well, except this week, but it's Kentucky, man. (Just kidding, football gods!)

Seriously, what do you mean?

Every time i see a GOt 12 shirt i want to puke because its stupid corny marketing.

I agree.

Most of the Alabama fans around me think AU has a great team this year and at least at the moment think it's going to be very hard for UA to come out of the Iron Bowl with a win. Maybe some of the radio callers and the homer fans on internet sites maybe saying different, but the majority of this is just trying to get a rise out of AU fans.

I don't think it a case of 'looking down our noses' as much as it is finally wearing that proverbial 'other shoe'. (As in the shoe is on the other foot) From my own personal experience throughout about 40 years as an AU fan, I have literally thousands of bad memories of UA fan behavior. From actual vandalism of AU memoribilia (sp?) to verbal harrassement. And it's still going on and has been since the probation came and UA has been a little down. I went thru as much hell last year because of the 2 first games and our predicted high finish to the 'Louisville' trip. And we had a much better season than UA last year, but that didn't matter. All I heard was how we weren't satisfied with our coach to how over rated we were, and how good Shula is and is going to be, how the sanctions were a world wide conspiracy to bring the 'Holy Grail of College Football' to it's knees, the sorry UT people. Bear has been gone over 20 years. Since that time, UA has hardly been the dominant force they were during his years. (Yes, he was a legend and made UA a force to be reckoned with). But those days are gone, but the typical UA fan has yet to relinquish the glory days of the Bear. I've never even been to Tuscaloosa (thank God for small favors), but from what I've heard, the name should be changed to Neverturnbearaloosa.

We will miss Campbell far more than anyone understands at the moment. Very similar to Mauk leaving LSU.

I completel agree about Jason (sorry if this is hijcking the thread). I am not so sure Cox will be ready by next year. We really haven't seen enough of him this year to know where he is at. Of the few balls I have seen him throw about half were beautiful and half were really ugly. My overly optimistic prognostication though is that he will end up being a carbon copy of Danny Wuerfell.

We will miss Campbell far more than anyone understands at the moment.  Very similar to Mauk leaving LSU.

113727[/snapback]

Cox and Stewart need all the playing time we can give them now! :yes:

They were 'sore winners' for so many years, they only know one way to act.  It's now turned to being 'sore losers'.  As I continue to say, Any time, any day, any month, any year, any sport.  If UA loses, I'm happy.

113303[/snapback]

I like the sore loser thing. It looks so much better on them. :big::au:

We just need to take care of business, KICK UAT'S !@# !, and take a shot at an SEC and possible National Title. UAT dreams of yester year....WE ARE LIVIN IT!

:roflol:

Archived