2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013's recruiting class is shaping up to be the best in Auburn history and I don't say that loosely.

WOW!!!

This staff never ceases to amaze me!

AL.com article says that he benches 450 lbs!!!  450lbs!!!

holy cow. juat a junior in high school and already on trent richardson's level. he will be a heisman winning backup his first year!!!!!!!

I have no interest in Georgia, and Georgia has no interest in me.

I like the sound of that, personally...

I live in Ga. and rumor, from some of my UGaLY friends, say that he was a tweener for the 3-4. It was suggested that he gain 30 to 40 lbs to play DE. It makes sense but that could be sour grapes.

:believe:

UGA didn't offer Trey Johnson either, at least according to scout. UGA will always get good players, but it's hard to see why they didn't offer either player when Bama offered both while running a 3-4 defense. Of course, Bama offers most anybody ranked high so I don't know what that is worth.

I live in Ga. and rumor, from some of my UGaLY friends, say that he was a tweener for the 3-4. It was suggested that he gain 30 to 40 lbs to play DE. It makes sense but that could be sour grapes.

:believe:

Wouldn't surprise me if that were right, to be honest; UGA wanted him to do something he wasn't comfortable doing, so he closed the door on them. Works for me!!

UGA didn't offer Trey Johnson either, at least according to scout. UGA will always get good players, but it's hard to see why they didn't offer either player when Bama offered both while running a 3-4 defense. Of course, Bama offers most anybody ranked high so I don't know what that is worth.

Over the past 4-5 years it seemed that UGA offered a lot of highly regarded instate kids later in the process.  I never quite understood but maybe they have a top list they concentrate on first then go to the others later.

My only question is why commit when you are going to still visit at least 4 or 5 other schools?

This whole concept of 'offers' and 'verbal commitments' before national signing day is just weird.  First off when a school has 20 scholarships to give and they hand out 200 offers, it makes you wonder what is going on because they are obviously overextended too far for all those offers to be real.  And a kid verbally committing but still visiting other schools just to be sure doesn't clear things up much either.

Every offer doesn't mean the same thing and every verbal commitment doesn't either. 

Archived