2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

My only question is why commit when you are going to still visit at least 4 or 5 other schools?

This is a once-in-a lifetime experience for these kids. They should be allowed to enjoy this time. They can take pictures at all the schools they visit to someday share with their kids and grand kids. If i had that chance i would enjoy every minute of it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few Justin Hokanson, Rivals, Twitter quotes about Carl Lawson, VERY INTERESTING:

'"I've put two d-ends in the NFL, he's better than they are." Coach breaks down new commit Carl Lawson.'   :thumbsup:

"Lawson's coach said: "Robert Nkemdiche is just around the corner, we know him well, he's not even close to Carl in the strength part of it."   :o

"Wow man I just wanna thank God for letting me dominate at VTO today and winning overall MVP today. #War Eagle!!!" :bow:

"You can follow Auburn's newest commit Carl Lawson at @carlcarltp, his newly created Twitter." :partey:

"Pic of new #Auburn commit Carl Lawson in action (gray shorts) today -- was Rivals/VTO MVP http://ow.ly/i/wRN4 "

This is fantastic news. We need top talent for the few spots we'll recruit this year. Defense is the top priority. This guy with the others is on the way to a great class.

War Eagle

"Pic of new #Auburn commit Carl Lawson in action (gray shorts) today -- was Rivals/VTO MVP http://ow.ly/i/wRN4 "

The guys in the background look terrified.

^^^I was thinking the same thing. And walley is right, his legs look EXTREMELY powerful. No wonder he gets such amazing explosion off the ball. The kid is built like a brick house. Can y'all imagine how powerful he'll be by his Jr. year in college?

Those thighs could make a redwood jealous. Get this man here in a hurry!!!

:timeout: May want to rephrase that.

Ah, see what you did there. Let me rephrase then. He look like strong man. Very big tree want to be big around as Carl Lawson leg.

Welcome to the Auburn Family Mr Lawson

Surprisingly, Lawson was never offered by UGA. What was the deal there? “I have no interest in Georgia, and Georgia has no interest in me,” he said.

Lawson said he’s “100 percent committed” to Auburn but he still plans to finish out his tour of college campuses.

“I’m probably going to still visit a lot of schools,” Lawson said. “Next week, I’m going to Tennessee. And then I’m going to Clemson with [my former high school teammate] Ryan Jenkins. I’m hoping to go to Ole Miss, and I’m definitely going to California in the summer to check out the schools out there, including USC and UCLA.

“I’m 100 percent with Auburn. It would have to be something dramatic for me to change my mind. My parents just want me to take all my visits, that’s the reason.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/24/carl-lawson-son-of-georgia-tech-football-star-commits-to-auburn/

:party::wedance:

Welcome to Carl Lawson--it's great to have him in the fold! He seems to be a great athlete with great character. I was a bit worried about the status of his commitment until we got the "official" word right here!  :we:

Two stud DE's in same class the L boys Liner and Lawson.  This is shaping up to be a stellar defensive class. Somebody said this could be our best signing class ever. In quality of people we seem to be signing I agree.  It won't be our best not because of the quality of players but because of the number we will be able to sign this year.

What is nice we are getting superior talent and we are getting it where we need it in the future as a lot of our best DE's will be juniors this year so these guys could red shirt, then play as backups or even beat somebody out as RS Freshman then play four years on the Plains. 

War Eagle Mr. Lawson

Archived