2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

cant totally forget about him ... although rodgers appears to be heavily leaning auburn, wasnt it reported that he will be going to cali for a camp with bigelow (and maybe more of the team).  it would seem logical that bigelow may try to NOT be the only Elkton, Maryland, Eastern Christian Academy player at usc.  recruiting bigelow hard may be required in order to get rodgers to auburn ... then again maybe rodgers is coming regardless.  but he is obviously our top OG prospect and therefore, in my opinion, a must get.

therefore ... the bigelow recruitment is important.

Not important unless one of our insiders completely changes their tune and there is something to Bigelow and Auburn.

Plus, they would have to get more than one Momma to let her baby go all the way out there to California from Maryland and the odds are definitely against THAT one.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bigelow's recruitment seem similar to that of Armstead?

Then I realize this is a Rodgers thread and talk about Bigelow is not needed.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Just got word from my head coach that 2 days after the rivals100challenge in georgia im goin out California again for the rising star camp- K. Rodgers

And? How come you didn't put end it with, "if USC offers, he will commit to them" , like you did everywhere else you posted this?

A USC offer would make things more interesting, but even if he gets it, Auburn still has a good shot.

Relax.  Its copied from Rodger's twitter.  Just giving info to the people who read this forum.  I do think he will commit to USC if he gets an offer from there...

Just got word from my head coach that 2 days after the rivals100challenge in georgia im goin out California again for the rising star camp- K. Rodgers

And? How come you didn't put end it with, "if USC offers, he will commit to them" , like you did everywhere else you posted this?

A USC offer would make things more interesting, but even if he gets it, Auburn still has a good shot.

Relax.  Its copied from Rodger's twitter.  Just giving info to the people who read this forum.  I do think he will commit to USC if he gets an offer from there...

Why?

This kid reminds me of big Gilbert Brown. You people killed me with the baby fat comments. Technically, he still a baby in my book.

Why?

Those words were either a direct quote from him or from an article about him, but it was from several weeks ago.  A lot has changed since then, and I would welcome a USCw offer just to see his decision.  Today, he talked by phone with Kiffin and Orgeron;  sure makes you think our efforts have gotten someone's attention.  BTW, I'm a Tennessean, and if you think uat and the REC are aggressive, those two (Kiffin and Orgeron) could put on a clinic on aggressive recruiting.

He tweeted this tonight

@K_rodgers55

To end all rumors.. is USC offers .. There will be no commitment.. I still have to evaluate and figure out whats best for me and my fam

Translation. Buckle up Tiger fans. This one could be a long and bumpy ride.

now that's more like it

:believe::we::believe:

Insert Scooby Doo's question voice here...What about that post makes you happy? He is scheduled to commit on June 30th. I get the impression he moves it back if USC offers.

Even if USC didn't want to offer KR, they would in a second if they thought Bigelow was waiving and signing him would help. If KR favors USC then we are probably fighting a losing battle.

Even if USC didn't want to offer KR, they would in a second if they thought Bigelow was waiving and signing him would help. If KR favors USC then we are probably fighting a losing battle.

I would guarantee you in a minute that USCw would not give him a committable offer just to solidify Bigelow.  Remember, they can only sign 16-17 this year, so if they do give him a committable, then the fight is on.  But the fact that Kiffin and Coach Benchpress were in his grill today says something is up;  most likely, the Irvin-Sills commitment has made them nervous about Bigelow.  That said, Adams should be our top priority, not Bigelow.  But I respectively disagree that we are fighting a losing battle with USCw over Rodgers.

I think Rodgers will end up on the Plains regardless, and I don't know that I particularly care about getting Bigelow. We have plenty of talent in this D-line class, not to mention their former teammate Blackson and his Auburn classmate Gabe Wright, that it's not a big deal. And the fact that Blackson is on the team already and got playing time last year as a true freshman means that they've got one of their old buddies who will give first hand testimony to the fact that you play if you earn it, regardless of age.

I'd welcome Bigelow in this class, but I don't think it will happen, and I'd rather have Rodgers anyway...and I think I'll end up happy as a result. :D

I would guarantee you in a minute that USCw would not give him a committable offer just to solidify Bigelow.  Remember, they can only sign 16-17 this year, so if they do give him a committable, then the fight is on.  But the fact that Kiffin and Coach Benchpress were in his grill today says something is up;  most likely, the Irvin-Sills commitment has made them nervous about Bigelow.  That said, Adams should be our top priority, not Bigelow.  But I respectively disagree that we are fighting a losing battle with USCw over Rodgers.

Well don't be surprised if USC offers Rodgers to keep Bigelow. Contrary to what I have been saying After what I read today I believe flipping Bigelow would be in play if we get Rodgers.

Good to hear, because we're on the same page.  I still think a USCw offer to Rodgers is a good thing!!!

Well don't be surprised if USC offers Rodgers to keep Bigelow. Contrary to what I have been saying After what I read today I believe flipping Bigelow would be in play if we get Rodgers.

Maybe, but I'm sincerely unconcerned a about it.

I do not think that USCw has any intention of NOT offering Rodgers after he takes the long trip west. I think they will play this up and make a big deal of it in the hopes he commits. This could be done to keep Bigalow. Isn't USCw still restricted ot a smaller number of commitments since they are under probation? Rodgers has to be a very good player for them to go after him considering their NCAA situation.

now that's more like it

Insert Scooby Doo's question voice here...What about that post makes you happy? He is scheduled to commit on June 30th. I get the impression he moves it back if USC offers.

I took that as a USC offer is just another offer and he has to do what's best for him and his family by tanking the offer that's best for him.  Still trying to read it and figure out how you took that as a bad twee.

With only 15 scholarships, USC wouldn't and couldn't do that.

And the only way we have a chance to flip Bigelow is getting Sills (QB) to flip.

#1 I don't think USC will do that at all because they only have 15 schollies. They can't afford to. They only need tackles. #2, they don't need to. Bigelow is going to USC.

now that's more like it

I took that as a USC offer is just another offer and he has to do what's best for him and his family by tanking the offer that's best for him.  Still trying to read it and figure out how you took that as a bad twee.

That's how I took the tweet as well FWIW. I could see it meaning he'd push his commitment back, but to me it sounds like he isn't just going to jump on the glitz and glam of LA

#1 I don't think USC will do that at all because they only have 15 schollies. They can't afford to. They only need tackles. #2, they don't need to. Bigelow is going to USC.

Any questions? Kkolumbo has spoken!! :thumbsup::happydance:

now that's more like it

That's how I took the tweet as well FWIW. I could see it meaning he'd push his commitment back, but to me it sounds like he isn't just going to jump on the glitz and glam of LA

Agreed, the consensus about a week ago (and still with some on here) was that if he recieved the USCw offer on his visit that he would commit on the spot. So if now he publically says that if they offer he is going to consider it with all of his other offers, sounds like that is good news for us (delayed decision or not).. Now all we have to do is blow he and Irvin-Sills away this weekend.

I think Rodgers will end up on the Plains regardless, and I don't know that I particularly care about getting Bigelow. We have plenty of talent in this D-line class, not to mention their former teammate Blackson and his Auburn classmate Gabe Wright, that it's not a big deal. And the fact that Blackson is on the team already and got playing time last year as a true freshman means that they've got one of their old buddies who will give first hand testimony to the fact that you play if you earn it, regardless of age.

I'd welcome Bigelow in this class, but I don't think it will happen, and I'd rather have Rodgers anyway...and I think I'll end up happy as a result. :D

That's how I see it too, Rodgers to AU. On DT, Adams is our top target. If Bigelow wanted to flip we would sure take him of course. To that point, we actually have a player on the team and a commit coming in from his school. We also have geography working in our favor which is important on the "Momma factor". For the record, whether or not he comes to AU, I don't think Bigelow ends up at USC. 

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup::laugh: :laugh:

Archived