2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

Bigelow tweeted Rodgers "everyone seems to be thinking that if you go to Auburn ima #wareagle too."  Can't wait till Rodgers commits so we can have sills and rodgers working on bigelow.

Don't expect that to happen. He's pretty enamored with USC, and I don't think that's going to change.

I'm pretty sure Bigelow is turning into this year's Lache Seastrunk...

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigelow tweeted Rodgers "everyone seems to be thinking that if you go to Auburn ima #wareagle too."  Can't wait till Rodgers commits so we can have sills and rodgers working on bigelow.

Don't expect that to happen. He's pretty enamored with USC, and I don't think that's going to change.

I'm pretty sure Bigelow is turning into this year's Lache Seastrunk...

I doubt there will be another recruit cause the raucous that Seastrunk did.

Rodgers is moving his decision date back from June 30th. It's in the Bunker on Rivals. Can someone summarize?

Why do you want to kill my dream of a front four of Liner, Lawson, Adams and Bigelow?

Rodgers is moving his decision date back from June 30th. It's in the Bunker on Rivals. Can someone summarize?

AU & USC seem to still be leaders. Just wanted to take more time in making decision. No time table given, nothing earth shattering.

Guest EagleDamnWar

AU & USC seem to still be leaders. Just wanted to take more time in making decision. No time table given, nothing earth shattering.

Where did you see USC?  He might take visits to Ohio St., West Virginia, and Michigan

Where did you see USC?  He might take visits to Ohio St., West Virginia, and Michigan

He has always liked and been hoping for a USC offer.

Guest EagleDamnWar

The article on rivals dated June 17th:  Rodgers says he will push back his date and "My top six are Ohio State, Auburn, Ole Miss, UCLA, UConn and West Virginia."  No mention of USC.  Plus, I asked him last week "What about USC?"  He responded "naa."  Unless something changed or he is intentionally not naming USC, I dont think they are in it.  I believe USC told him they dont need a gaurd.

Why do you want to kill my dream of a front four of Liner, Lawson, Adams and Bigelow?

Because I sincerely doubt it's going to happen.

You just want to crush my hopes and dreams.  You're a mean man, Red. :P

You just want to crush my hopes and dreams.  You're a mean man, Red. :P

:laugh: Well either that or I'm trying to make sure you don't get needlessly let down when we only sign 3 four star defensive linemen instead of 4...

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rodgers will be at USC Rising Stars camp but only to watch bigelow.  "I'd like to visit West Virginia, Ohio State, USC and possibly Ole Miss."

"USC called me a about two weeks ago and said that I was really high on their board, but they were looking for tackles in this class, not guards or centers," Rodgers said. "But I feel more confident now than I did before that USC will likely offer after the Rising Stars Camp. I won't jump on the offer or anything like that, but USC would be one of my top-three schools."

Guest EagleDamnWar

If USC doesn't offer and Rodgers were to commit to a school like Auburn or Ohio State, he believes Bigelow would strongly consider joining him at that school. Bigelow has stated he's solid for USC no matter where Rodgers ends up.

"Kenny and I are brothers and I believe he would seriously consider attending the same school I do," said Rodgers. "And I would seriously consider attending the school he wants to as well."

Not to be a downer, but it looks like he pushed the date back FOR USC.  Might be a losing battle for this fellah. :banghead:

But then again, we have pulled off the amazing before.

AU & USCw came from Mike Farrell on the bunker.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Not to be a downer, but it looks like he pushed the date back FOR USC.  Might be a losing battle for this fellah. :banghead:

But then again, we have pulled off the amazing before.

Yep.  Pretty much if USC offers then I think he commits to them.  If they dont offer, he commits to AU and tries to pull Bigelow.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

His June 30th pick won't matter much if USC doesn't offer by then. He will open it back up like it never happened as soon as they offer later on.

We don't need to accept Rodgers' commitment unless he is willing to COMPLETELY shut down his recruitment. Like no calls from USC or anything. If he can't deal with that then we need to move along and find another guard. No need to think we have a spot filled only for USC to offer late and take him back. Plus you KNOW that if Bigelow were to seriously threaten to leave USC for AU if Rodgers doesn't get an offer, USC would offer Rodgers no question

Guest EagleDamnWar

We don't need to accept Rodgers' commitment unless he is willing to COMPLETELY shut down his recruitment. Like no calls from USC or anything. If he can't deal with that then we need to move along and find another guard. No need to think we have a spot filled only for USC to offer late and take him back. Plus you KNOW that if Bigelow were to seriously threaten to leave USC for AU if Rodgers doesn't get an offer, USC would offer Rodgers no question

Hopefully Rodgers would have hatred for USC for not offering and try to screw them by stealing one of their best recruits.

USC might not have a scholarship to give.

He needs to keep from cutting it too close because with too much delay he just might leave himself out in the cold. Since every remaining slot becomes more and more valuable with each passing commitment and with several players  close to that point, if he takes too long AU may just decide to use that OG slot for something else. In his case its not like AU doesn't have plenty of O linemen on campus. That goes for any of them who think they can wait.

What could, and should, have been a straightforward recruiting process, has now become a circus.  Our OL Coach, given only two or three slots this year, is not even going to entertain "packages" including other players, or anything else.  He is going to fill those valuable slots with kids that can fit the needs the best; he has earned that right and luxury, and he will get his top picks.  Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron don't understand that.  Coach Grimes has his sights set on four or five kids to fit his needs, and Rodgers is one of those.  But so are the other three or four.  Rodgers has a trump card, Bigelow.  Coach Grimes doesn't play games.

What could, and should, have been a straightforward recruiting process, has now become a circus.  Our OL Coach, given only two or three slots this year, is not even going to entertain "packages" including other players, or anything else.  He is going to fill those valuable slots with kids that can fit the needs the best; he has earned that right and luxury, and he will get his top picks.  Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron don't understand that.  Coach Grimes has his sights set on four or five kids to fit his needs, and Rodgers is one of those.  But so are the other three or four.  Rodgers has a trump card, Bigelow.  Coach Grimes doesn't play games.

This is what it seems like to me. With him pushing his commit date back, it's beginning to sound like he's playing the game purely to get a USC offer. I'm not sure we should continue pursuing him at all...fortunately, I'm not the one who has to make that call.

Archived