2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What could, and should, have been a straightforward recruiting process, has now become a circus.  Our OL Coach, given only two or three slots this year, is not even going to entertain "packages" including other players, or anything else.  He is going to fill those valuable slots with kids that can fit the needs the best; he has earned that right and luxury, and he will get his top picks.  Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron don't understand that.  Coach Grimes has his sights set on four or five kids to fit his needs, and Rodgers is one of those.  But so are the other three or four.  Rodgers has a trump card, Bigelow.  Coach Grimes doesn't play games.

This is what it seems like to me. With him pushing his commit date back, it's beginning to sound like he's playing the game purely to get a USC offer. I'm not sure we should continue pursuing him at all...fortunately, I'm not the one who has to make that call.

Aub is a program that should not have to sit on pins and needles waiting for a 18 yr old to make his decision. We are good enough that they are plenty of talented recruits waiting to climb aboard. That being said, I do think that there are some kids who are worth waiting for, but in the end those types will just be the icing on the cake. Build your program on the talent that wants to play for a great program and a great coaching staff.  JMO...

If you're not ALL IN, then you need to get out Rodgers. :aufb:

I don't want another TJ. 

If you're not ALL IN, then you need to get out Rodgers. :aufb:

FIFY

I would like to have the guy but it does sound like he wants that USC offer......which they dont have room for - Thank you card currently in the mail to Pete Carrol and Reggie Bush  :laugh:

Guys, ease up on Rodgers.  He pushed it back...so what?  Like Pops said, there are 4-5 guys that CJG likes, including KR

Prediction: Once he goes to the Rivals 100 camp in Atlanta, he'll end up committing on or around June 30th after hearing it from the other AU commitments.  I would imagine they'll be giving him hell on why he's pushing back his commitment.

I might be wrong, but I think peer pressure will get his commitment for us in the end.

Yeah, I don't see why everyone is getting all up-tight about him pushing his commitment date back. If he wants to come to Auburn, that would be awesome, but if he doesn't, there are still others out there. Don't say you dont want a kid just because he wants to take his time and make the right decision.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Member on rivals saying Rodgers was decked out in AU gear at the airport in Atlanta... No pic was provided however.

Member on rivals saying Rodgers was decked out in AU gear at the airport in Atlanta... No pic was provided however.

JHokanson also said Rodgers showed up at the Rivals 100 camp with AU shorts on FWIW

yep

Team_America_normal.jpg

usajmg93fJG

5 hours ago

"@niebuhr247 just saw Khaliel Rodgers decked out in AU gear at the ATL airport. IYO an AU lean?"

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rodgers' coach told him if he visits USC's Rising Star Camp then they will offer.  Claims he wont commit immediately if he gets the offer.  Talked about if he committed to AU then he would try to flip Bigelow.  He and bigelow talk about it a lot. 

Rodgers' coach told him if he visits USC's Rising Star Camp then they will offer.  Claims he wont commit immediately if he gets the offer.  Talked about if he committed to AU then he would try to flip Bigelow.  He and bigelow talk about it a lot. 

Just an observation, but I believe that Mr Rodgers wants an offer from USC and I am not so sure that he will not commit to them when that happens. To me the postponment of his annoucement is not the best news for AUB. I think he will accept an offer from USC when they present. Could be wrong, hope I am but just a feeling!!  Although that feeling could be gas too!!     :dunno:

Just an observation, but I believe that Mr Rodgers wants an offer from USC and I am not so sure that he will not commit to them when that happens. To me the postponment of his annoucement is not the best news for AUB. I think he will accept an offer from USC when they present. Could be wrong, hope I am but just a feeling!!  Although that feeling could be gas too!!     :dunno:

USC essentially only has 4 spots left so I would not worry about them offerring Rodgers.

USC essentially only has 4 spots left so I would not worry about them offerring Rodgers.

Don't put anything pass Coach Lame, he is not nice when it comes to football....

Don't put anything pass Coach Lame, he is not nice when it comes to football....

No but with only 15 schollies to give out he can not afford to pull a Saban and burn them on players he does not need.

No but with only 15 schollies to give out he can not afford to pull a Saban and burn them on players he does not need.

Far be it from Coach Lame to break a few rules in order to get things he deems to fit the program...

It all depends on how bad USC wants Bigelow.

Respectfully disagree. Bigelow is a Trojan no matter what. If they offer Rodgers then they would have snookered themselves in waisting a scholly.

Respectfully disagree. Bigelow is a Trojan no matter what. If they offer Rodgers then they would have snookered themselves in waisting a scholly.

I believe Bigelow is all USC. I was talking about them offering KR. The only way they will offer him is if they think Bigelow might flip but would stay if they signed him. Bigelow seems like he is trying to help KR get an offer so he may trick USC into thinking he might decommit.

I believe Bigelow is all USC. I was talking about them offering KR. The only way they will offer him is if they think Bigelow might flip but would stay if they signed him. Bigelow seems like he is trying to help KR get an offer so he may trick USC into thinking he might decommit.

I believe it is apparent that KR wants an offer from USC.  Suppose why he would want that so bad?  If he wants to play at AUB so bad then why the big fuss over USC?????

Yeah, I'm almost getting the feeling from reading these comments that Rodgers might be playing it the way he is specifically to get a scholarship from USC...

Archived