2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Was offered by bama today.  Claims everyone is even. 

To add to this...

@AndrewJBone

Ronnie Clark told me that he was considering an early decision, but after landing an #Alabama offer today he plans to wait a while.

That sucks.....

Before we get too wrapped up in this kid, let's remember this is 2012 and we haven't signed the ones that are committed to us yet. Let's not run up a million pages on a kid that can't even sign his LOI for 19 MONTHS!!! Be greatful for the class we feel we will sign and the kids from the class of 2013. Leave 2014 as just a preview of whats to come.

War Eagle fellas. Less than 8 weeks before our first game! :wedance:

Too late, I heard that this kid was gonna transfer to Auburn High school so that he could be an EE.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

It's been 6 months since anyone posted in this thread. Free stuff from Bryan Matthews...

4-star safety Ronnie Clark from Calera (Ala.) High is scheduled to visit Auburn Saturday.

I feel a whole lot better about RC now that we have CEJ as DC. He is the epitome of what you want a kid to look like for the Star position I would imagine. Having a particular position in mind vs. the sabear approach. I still have not read anything relating to UAt's recruitment of RC that said he had been told what plan they had for him in their D. I'm sure it will happen though if the wee one has any inkling that RC may be thinking of wearing O&B.

Both the Rivals and 247 articles quote him as saying how much his family likes AU. We NEED this young man and he seems to have the whole package on and off the field. Could be a difference maker.

E - Have you heard anything on him being an EE? Just curious.

Both the Rivals and 247 articles quote him as saying how much his family likes AU. We NEED this young man and he seems to have the whole package on and off the field. Could be a difference maker.

Cornwell, Hansen, Watson, and Doss right now.

Cornwell, Hansen, Watson, and Doss right now.

Thanks buddy. It would be swell if we could sign one of those QB's and not have them count against the 2014 numbers.

• 1 month later...
@rivalsmike: Good source tells me ATH Ronnie Clark will commit to #Alabama sooner than later. We shall see. #Auburn

God, the season can't come fast enough. I'm telling you. No one wants to buy into what Gus has cooking without Ws.

Not entirely true but it will help out.

God, the season can't come fast enough. I'm telling you. No one wants to buy into what Gus has cooking without Ws.

Well of course SOMEone is going to buy into it. But in my eyes winning is the single biggest thing we can do right now to get back on the recruiting level that Chizik and his staff were on.

Well of course SOMEone is going to buy into it. But in my eyes winning is the single biggest thing we can do right now to get back on the recruiting level that Chizik and his staff were on.

Without a doubt, I apologize though. That was kinda nit-picky of me. :comfort:

Kinda curious what's going to happen with this kid. I know we were his leader at one point, then the other day we hear he's committing to UAT, now he's coming to Big Cat. Very intriguing situation with a kid I'd love to have.

If i remember rightly, he was HIGH on us prior to 3-9. The bammer made a big push ahead. But our new staff is workin him hard to bring him back to the good guys. Come on Ronnie!!!

Wow, Im going to be the bad guy to call that out. #1 LB in the state and top 100 player in the nation. Casher will be a high 4 star before the season is done. And we are in May. Are you kidding me? We are fine and I wont bore you with the particulars, I have a feeling you are not paying attention anyways.

Ok, sorry, a little hard on you. I read through the posts. I am real proud of how this coaching staff under gus is making a dent already. With a 3-9 season on our backs they are selling AU. It makes it so much sweeter that our Alum are coming back to resurrect the program. Great call to arms and great men answered.

No doubt dougwill, I have seen a bunch of bammer hand wringing. On bamarant yesterday a poster stated he believed they were messing up by slow playing all these AL kids. And he is right!

Hopefully the Moncreif commitment will light a fire under this kid that the Gus Bus is running on all cylinders and he should get on board.

I like what KK pointed out about RC's versatility. There are about 4-5 positions he could play at AU with CEJ's D. With his ability that gives him a much greater chance of playing early than across state.

I like what KK pointed out about RC's versatility. There are about 4-5 positions he could play at AU with CEJ's D. With his ability that gives him a much greater chance of playing early than across state.

Another great point...that is a good key for him. He is one of my top favorite in-state guys.

Archived