2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

I think he sees the opportunity for him in the 4-2-5. He could play soon at S/Star and if he gets too big move over to LB vs. bammer placing him at LB and not playing until he has gained 25lbs. Plus he seems very confident in his ability and would fit at AU better. We seem to be after a more mature, ready to grow up type player with this staff so he would fit well IMO.

Bama is taking the same approach our staff is. They are recruiting Clark at Safety and will move him if he grows out of it.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he sees the opportunity for him in the 4-2-5. He could play soon at S/Star and if he gets too big move over to LB vs. bammer placing him at LB and not playing until he has gained 25lbs. Plus he seems very confident in his ability and would fit at AU better. We seem to be after a more mature, ready to grow up type player with this staff so he would fit well IMO.

Bama is taking the same approach our staff is. They are recruiting Clark at Safety and will move him if he grows out of it.

Having three safety spots in our defense likely adds a little more credence to his opportunity to play early and often at the spot, though, and the likelihood that we'll have at least a couple of freshmen getting on the field this year could well play into the believability of having an opportunity early on.

Just noticed Austin Penny predicted AU on 247s chrystal ball. First non-bama pick. Sounds like there's hope!

To piggyback off this Bryan Matthew just picked Auburn also. Sounds like Clark's visit went very well.

Just noticed Austin Penny predicted AU on 247s chrystal ball. First non-bama pick. Sounds like there's hope!

To piggyback off this Bryan Matthew just picked Auburn also. Sounds like Clark's visit went very well.

I hope it did. I've always wanted this young man to be in O'n'B, but figured the chances were higher he'd end up in turdistan. WDE!

Having three safety spots in our defense likely adds a little more credence to his opportunity to play early and often at the spot, though, and the likelihood that we'll have at least a couple of freshmen getting on the field this year could well play into the believability of having an opportunity early on.

Exactly my thinking as well Red. I'm sure sabear is telling him whatever he thinks will keep him away from AU. I don't think it happens that way as much as we think it does because of numbers. But in this case as with ROC, I can see him taking both just to make sure he doesn't get beat by two in-state kids he slow-played/shunned. That could be terrible for business in T'Town. I know they love him now but let us beat him two years running on/off the field and they will be heating up the tar and collecting feathers all over the state of AL!

Nice.

Things starting to look good :)/>. Clark was all AU then all bammer now turning back to the good side. Harbison is all over him.

Can't wait for you to tell us he will be an Auburn Tiger.

Things starting to look good :)/>. Clark was all AU then all bammer now turning back to the good side. Harbison is all over him.

That's the coach Cheese we've all heard about!! Hope he closes this deal!

Can't wait to hearmyself say that either but by no means is he anwywhere close to being a commitment for us. We are definately back in the picture and gaining steem.

AL.com is running a poll for fan predictions on where he will go and it's about 50% divided. That surprised me knowing how many more Bama fans there are, but then I realized one has to be able to read to respond to a poll.

AL.com is running a poll for fan predictions on where he will go and it's about 50% divided. That surprised me knowing how many more Bama fans there are, but then I realized one has to be able to read to respond to a poll.

There are a number of Bams conceding him to us.

Recent events seem to be in our favor. He apparently was supposed to go hang out at Bama's last camp but no showed. Then he and his family showed up to Auburn on Saturday with nobody knowing he was coming then. Even though we knew he was coming some time in July you usually know a couple of days to a week before a visit and not the POOF, the guy appears like Nightcrawler from the X-Men like it happened here.

I wish Clark had more highlights. A lot of the highlights are on offense.

Just about spit out my water on that one...so true!

Archived