What's happened to LSU

AU4Ever

I know all of us remember the slamming we received before the LSU game. We heard about how they had the best recruiting class in the nation, they had the best coach in the nation, they were now the 'elite' program in the nation, and we should get used to being trounced by them yearly, because we couldn't stay on the field with them.

Now they have to come from behind to beat Troy, at 'Death Valley', I might add. I know we've seen some classy post from our recent visitors from LSU, but I was totally shocked when I turned over and saw them tied 17-17 last night.

What has happened to that all world team, with the all world coach, and the all world QBs, and the all world DB, LB, and RB. I honestly think UA beats them this year.

Ah, they'll just blame it on the the purple jerseys. Everyone knows that LSU is the best team in the SEC with unparalleled talent at every position...2004 National Chumps baby! :)

Next to UT, LSU has the most overrated running game in the nation. Weren't we forced to believe that Vincent was a sure Heisman winner after last season? Where'd he go?

And what happened to the Golden Boy from Mobile. Did he even play last night? You mean he's not better than Randall, who throws 3 picks against Troy???

LSU gets Vandy at home next Saturday. Might be a barn burner. :)

3103630_7_1.jpg

Everything starts with the QB and ours are not playing well. Our defense played exceptionally well, but our offense had 4 TOs that lead directly to Troy's points. Three INTs and one fumble killed LSU. The fact that we came back to win (read that again for effect, we had to go 2 minute drill at the end of the game to take the lead with 1 minute left) says a lot for the drifting ship that is LSU football right now.

Too much indecision on the part of the coaches, a lack of development by the players, and a lack in overall confidence in themselves throughout the program is making for a tough year.

Troy followed the UGA blueprint of twists, stunts and all out blitzes to pressure LSU and take away the running game. Randall's picks prevented Fisher from taking advantage of man to man on the outside. This allowed a very game Troy team to be in the game a lot longer than they should have.

The Alabama and Arkansas games are looking very scary right now. If LSu can't run the ball on a SunBelt team, we are in trouble against the Bammers and the Piggies.

Good luck to the Wurr Iggles. Represent the West.

I will add that coming back with that last scoring drive showed class, and the players never quit. But what surprised me was that LSU was in that position to begin with. I'm not taking anything away from Troy. Troy has a better team than most people think. (Just ask Missouri). But LSU should have put them away in the first half and coasted the second.

"Everything starts with the QB and ours are not playing well. "

I couldn't agree more. I said before the season started that the loss of Mauck, Henderson, and Clayton would completely disrupt their offense, and RB production.

Vincent was succesful last season b/c defenses had to drop back to stop the Mauck to Clayton or Mauck to Henderson connection. You almost had to double team both players. That way, the RB's had much more room to run. That is now gone.

Their defense is still good, but its just their offense is producing a LOT more 3 and outs.

If Jemarcus develops and WR's like Doucet, Davis, Bowe, and Carter start to produce next year, I dont' doubt LSU will be back.

Everything starts with the QB and ours are not playing well. Our defense played exceptionally well, but our offense had 4 TOs that lead directly to Troy's points. Three INTs and one fumble killed LSU. The fact that we came back to win (read that again for effect, we had to go 2 minute drill at the end of the game to take the lead with 1 minute left) says a lot for the drifting ship that is LSU football right now.

Too much indecision on the part of the coaches, a lack of development by the players, and a lack in overall confidence in themselves throughout the program is making for a tough year.

Troy followed the UGA blueprint of twists, stunts and all out blitzes to pressure LSU and take away the running game. Randall's picks prevented Fisher from taking advantage of man to man on the outside. This allowed a very game Troy team to be in the game a lot longer than they should have.

The Alabama and Arkansas games are looking very scary right now. If LSu can't run the ball on a SunBelt team, we are in trouble against the Bammers and the Piggies.

Good luck to the Wurr Iggles. Represent the West.

114259[/snapback]

The LSWho Bungle Tigers...that has a nice ring to it... Good luck, you'll need it.

Was the purple jersey thing LSU's choice or did Troy decide they wanted to wear the white?

114326[/snapback]

The visiting team, as I understand it, has to approve LSU's request to wear their away (white) uniforms. Usually the request is approved, I guess Troy wanted that Purple mojo to work against LSWho...

People...it's all too simple...WE RUINED EM!!! :big::au:

Team emoticons are fun. :D

Hey southlink, amazing how your season involves more than winning the :lsu: game. With :uga: loaded with key seniors, this should have been your year. Guess we were all wrong about that hunh? Good luck getting back to the SECCG, your gonna need it. BTW I like :uga: but I don't think the Bulldogs have the mental toughness you wish they had (see the :ut: game for a sterling example). :lsu: had :uf: last year, but the Tigers got on a tear that lasted throughout the rest of the year. Does your beloved leghumpers have the stones to make that kind of run? We'll see.

LSU's QB problems should be familiar to Auburn fans. It comes down to the QB recognizing what he is looking at and making the appropriate checks and reads. This plagued JC for 3 years and it took another OC (Borges) and a stellar running game to allow JC to progress to the player he is now. Troy played cover 2 over the top, rushing 6 or 7 and Randall struggled with it. QB development takes time that a lot of LSU fans are not willing to grant because apparently we are supposed to win the MNC every year now. Randall does not have the physical ability to do what needs to be done, and Russell does not yet have the mental discipline to do what needs to be done, so what do you do if you are Saban?

I believe Saban is a year ahead of his schedule. I don't think the staff really believed they could win the MNC last year until the possibility became a reality. Among the more intelligent of the corndoggers we realized that the 2004 schedule would not allow another dream type season. What is really frustrating is how deep we are into the season and we don't seem to be getting any better on offense. We are struggling with the same issues now that we had in week one. The most obvious problem being our woeful offensive line.

At least the LSU program is at the point now where they can still win a game that they played terribly in. The same could not be said for the Dinardo/Hallman/Archer years. So we got that goin for us, which is nice. :D

BTW, the jersey thing. LSU wears the purple for two home games every year. Usually the opener (non-conference) and another non-conference game later in the year. This year OSU decided to make LSU wear purple and the staff picked the Troy game for the second purple jersey game. I don't suscribe to the purple jersey paranoia, I rather like the look of them. I think the home white jersey tradition is cool, but I don't get carried away on silly superstitions.

Geaux Tigers.

:lsu:

Guess we were all wrong about that hunh?

Who is "we"? I predicted 9-2 before the season and looks like I am quite right. I guess your taking 1-2 media pubs and using that as some sort of bashing tool.

If anything, them putting LSU in the Top 10 was the biggest joke of them all.

Christ, we have lost 1 game....same as the LSWho team that won half the NC last year....yet our season is over and we are done.

Quit being so hypocritical.

Reminds me of the LSU fans (who seem to have disappeared.....what happened? I miss the "Vincent 4 Heisman", "Randall will be a great senior", "Russell could start for anyone right now" posts) posting like crazy about this upcoming year.

Well considering we lost have our team last year to the NFL draft it's hard to make a run like we did last year. For example after this year Auburn will go down the drain. Marcus Randall is garbage and Saban thinks he owes him something. Our recivers will most likely be the best in the SEC when they get some experience. We start freshaman and sophmores with no experience. Unlike your team full of veterans in key positions we have lots of freshman starting. Don't worry you guys will never have a chance again after this year. Sorry the talent we have crushes yours and the sad thing is we almost beat you guys and really should have beat you guys with tons of freshman and sophmores.

LSU, 2003-2006 National Champs!

115013[/snapback]

Damn straight. :P

Archived