To change the mood on this board, how about Auburn football trivia

aubfaninga

In what year was the last game Auburn played in Montgomery? Name the team and what the score was?

You win. First guess was Wofford.  :'(

Little digging I foung it was the Stetson Hatters in 1953. We won 47 to 0  :party::we:

How about the last game in Columbus? ( Auburn University of west Georgia) :tease:

Beat Georgia 21-6 1958

Sorry for skipping... :banghead: I overlooked the question

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good memories  :we:

Next question....

Which AU football squad owns the distinction of having the largest margin of victory in program history despite losing ALL of it's other games?

You got me?

The only 1 win years I know of are

Visual trivia This should be easy.

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game. We came oh so close in blocking 3 punts against the turds.. By the way Greg Gantt the turd punter was a great guy who recently died

okreau.jpg

AUmind... there was another...  ;)

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game.

Bob Newton  ;D

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game.

Bob Newton  ;D

You got to be kidding....No or did you mean to put that in yellow for sarcasm

Bob Newhart ;D

FIFY  :tease:

@milehigh.... yessir it is

Bob Newhart ;D

FIFY  :tease:

@milehigh.... yessir it is

I knew you were kidding. Bob was a good player that people seem to forget.

don't mean to threadjack.. but if any of you are interested, here is a website where you can play for pts/create teams/etc. 'Smartest Auburn Fan'

5 daily questions for a total of 25 pts & then a chance to double down on a 6th question.

http://www.areyouthesmartestauburnfan.com/

AE team anyone?

Thanks for the link. That willbe a scary addiction.

It is an addiction, I play every morning, you get an email with link, click the link and go play every morning. The thing is to not only score points, but also you are on the clock, so trying to score your points in the shortest amount of time also. I enjoy it, and it can be very humbling when you think you know something and then you guess wrong. But I have learned a lot because it shows the correct answer after you finish each game.

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game. We came oh so close in blocking 3 punts against the turds.. By the way Greg Gantt the turd punter was a great guy who recently died

okreau.jpg

so no one knows that's sad.. do not answer since we PM'd AUpocalypse

okreau.jpg

Looks like David Langner to me...meanest guy to EVER to play at Auburn!

okreau.jpg

Nope not Langer and Langer was not the meanest guy to play at AU by any means. He was the dirtiest player to play at AU. That's all I'll say.

okreau.jpg

Nope not Langer and Langer was not the meanest guy to play at AU by any means. He was the dirtiest player to play at AU. That's all I'll say.

I stand corrected...the meanest was Danny Skutack!  Trust me on this...

okreau.jpg

Danny was mean but in the 50's and 60's I could name 4 or 5 guys that would slap Danny silly. Two of which actually ended up killing someone

okreau.jpg

Danny was mean but in the 50's and 60's I could name 4 or 5 guys that would slap Danny silly. Two of which actually ended up killing someone

I thought we were talking about the modern era... :tease:  BTW, I saw DS almost kill 4 guys one night with a pool cue...just sayin!  :dunno:

Well who's the player trying to block the punt? Other then Langer

Fred "Bonehead" Merkel

Well who's the player trying to block the punt? Other then Langer

Fred "Bonehead" Merkel

sorry no do we need a hint?

Joe "Ducky" Medwick

okreau.jpg

Bobby Hoppe, hands down.

w regards to 'areyouthesmartestauburnfan'... I am addicted & terrible!! The double down on the 6th question gets me every time. After initially reading this thread, I went looking for an old Facebook app that appears to no longer be around. 'college football fan' or some title of that nature... Anyone remember or play this app at any point? Users could submit questions, unlimited answer until there were not anymore left, rankings... much like aytsafan. I was only disappointed after getting to the end of it after the 2nd day.

It would be earth shattering if we could find a way to set something like that up here at AE (teams/badges/bling to go with the profiles). We'd just need beer, wings, and the girls from aurules's prof/sig photos prancing around serving us to seal the deal  :thumbsup:

(while we're waiting on golf to wakey & verify some of these answers.. I'm going to sneak this ? back in...)

Next question....

Which AU football squad owns the distinction of having the largest margin of victory in program history despite losing ALL of it's other games?

Anyone wanna take another shot at this one before we give it a 'stumped' stamp?

Archived