To change the mood on this board, how about Auburn football trivia

aubfaninga

Visual trivia This should be easy.

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game. We came oh so close in blocking 3 punts against the turds.. By the way Greg Gantt the turd punter was a great guy who recently died

okreau.jpg

so no one knows that's sad.. do not answer since we PM'd AUpocalypse

Looks like David Langner to me...meanest guy to EVER to play at Auburn!

Nope not Langer and Langer was not the meanest guy to play at AU by any means. He was the dirtiest player to play at AU. That's all I'll say.

I stand corrected...the meanest was Danny Skutack!  Trust me on this...

Danny was mean but in the 50's and 60's I could name 4 or 5 guys that would slap Danny silly. Two of which actually ended up killing someone

Bobby Hoppe, hands down.

Roger that AU60!!!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#25 Roger Mitchell

DING DING DING We have a winner and yes he did block the extra point that made it possible to win the game. Roger was fearless in trying to block kicks.

Visual trivia This should be easy.

Who is the player shown trying to block this punt in the Punt Bama Punt game. No he did block it those 2 blocks came near the end of the game. We came oh so close in blocking 3 punts against the turds.. By the way Greg Gantt the turd punter was a great guy who recently died

okreau.jpg

so no one knows that's sad.. do not answer since we PM'd AUpocalypse

Looks like David Langner to me...meanest guy to EVER to play at Auburn!

Nope not Langer and Langer was not the meanest guy to play at AU by any means. He was the dirtiest player to play at AU. That's all I'll say.

I stand corrected...the meanest was Danny Skutack!  Trust me on this...

Danny was mean but in the 50's and 60's I could name 4 or 5 guys that would slap Danny silly. Two of which actually ended up killing someone

Bobby Hoppe, hands down.

Roger that AU60!!!!!!

Bobby was crazy mean, I would put Bobby at the top of meanest to ever play at AU.

Yes, it is Roger Mitchell and that is some serious air in that photo.  I had forgotten about that photo.  Thanks for bringing it back. 

Yes, it is Roger Mitchell and that is some serious air in that photo.  I had forgotten about that photo.  Thanks for bringing it back. 

If you look between the ref feet you will see the foot of the up blocker for turds. Roger flew over his shoulders to try and block. He actually got to high because the ball went under him. He also never got called for roughing the kicker

If you look between the ref feet you will see the foot of the up blocker for turds. Roger flew over his shoulders to try and block. He actually got to high because the ball went under him. He also never got called for roughing the kicker

Isn't that the ball at his elbow?

Isn't that the ball at his elbow?

Roger always felt like the ball went under his left arm but who knows for sure. Here is another photo of Roger trying to block one of the actual punts that did get block by Bill Newton. Roger tried the same move on the up blocker which actually help clear a path Bill.

2ug1dhd.jpg

Another visual trivia

what is the location of this game which Auburn did not win.

295vaio.jpg

Bacardi Bowl in Cuba.  Auburn tied Villanova 7-7.

Another visual trivia

295vaio.jpg

Yep knew it was to easy. Boring game I was there and hot lord have mercy was it hot that day

Another visual trivia

295vaio.jpg

Yep knew it was to easy. Boring game I was there and hot lord have mercy was it hot that day

I'm guessing you also watched the first Auburn/Georgia game at Piedmont Park back in 1892.  :P

1894 Beat GA Tech 94-0.  Finished season 1-3

yessir!  :tdau:

did someone here own up to attending the 1937 Bicardi Bowl?! :o

it was me...  AUpocalypse

Another visual trivia

295vaio.jpg

I'm guessing you also watched the first Auburn/Georgia game at Piedmont Park back in 1892.   :P

well I was close by but no I was not there for that game smarty pants

Just had to 'hear' that again!!

What a memory! The parents must have been die-hard as well, I can't say that I've ever heard any personal stories or references about making it to that game by anyone I've known or met... nice. WDE sir

Next question...

Besides the Annual Spring Game, when was the last time Auburn played in front of less than 3o,ooo fans?

;D (still waiting for an army of these questions to approve on aytsAUfan)

Next question...

Besides the Annual Spring Game, when was the last time Auburn played in front of less than 3o,ooo fans?

Could be wrong but I'm going to guess Vanderbilt in 2003.

Just had to 'hear' that again!!

What a memory! The parents must have been die-hard as well, I can't say that I've ever heard any personal stories or references about making it to that game by anyone I've known or met... nice. WDE sir

actually the parents was turd fans

Next question...

Could be wrong but I'm going to guess Vanderbilt in 2003.

I had forgotten how small V-stadium was!!

Close but ...64844409.png

Golf, I thought you were kidding. 

Archived