THE ASYLUM

bigbird

He has been wrongly accused, mea culpa, mea culpa ,mea culpa :bow::-[

It was a member with the user name "fheal", who just happened to see the Harlan movie convo one day and just chimed in on it.

Mea culpa ;D

There is a movie filmed around a real life event in Kentucky that really had an effect on me from a writing pov. Already a song or 1200 written around it, one of the most famous and one of the most covered songs is titled, "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive". Mostly wouldn't be your style, it is high Kentucky Mountain indigenous bluegrass. From a genre standpoint, it is what it is, but it is a serious piece of beautiful work. 62 likes it as well.

Darrell Scott is the composer/songwriter of the orig, many,many,many covers of the song. One that is a little more polished but still maintains the mountain integrity is Patty Loveless' cover. Brad Paisley did it too, but meh.....

I prefer Scott or Loveless.

It is a source of much modern day mountain lore, folktales and real life experiences. The movie is a documentary, few if any things have moved me as much except maybe the circumstances surrounding Katrina.

Darrell Scott is the composer/songwriter of the orig, many,many,many covers of the song. One that is a little more polished but still maintains the mountain integrity is Patty Loveless' cover. Brad Paisley did it too, but meh.....

I prefer Scott or Loveless.

It is a source of much modern day mountain lore, folktales and real life experiences. The movie is a documentary, few if any things have moved me as much except maybe the circumstances surrounding Katrina.

I listened to both Scott and Loveless. I skipped right over Paisley. No thanks.

:bow: :bow: I'm embarrassed to say it's the first I've heard it. Wow.

I think I know a little bit about your taste and interest in some things, I wish you would check the movie out. It really isn't a soundtrack but the natural pain and experience from some of the women that just break out into song in this movie will rip your heart out if you have one. I've just never seen or heard anything like it. Some of the worst circumstances ever and imo, one of the best works of film ever. Without question.

TT, did you ever check out Burzynski?

"Ph.D biochemist, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski, won one of the largest legal battles against the Food & Drug Administration in U.S. history. Dr. Burzynski and his patients endured a treacherous 14-year journey in order to obtain FDA-approved clinical trials for a new cancer-fighting drug. His groundbreaking medical and legal battles have brought revolutionary cancer treatment to the public. Upon completion, his treatment will be available the world over - sending a shock wave through the cancer industry."

:bow: :bow: I'm embarrassed to say it's the first I've heard it. Wow.

I think I know a little bit about your taste and interest in some things, I wish you would check the movie out. It really isn't a soundtrack but the natural pain and experience from some of the women that just break out into song in this movie will rip your heart out if you have one. I've just never seen or heard anything like it. Some of the worst circumstances ever and imo, one of the best works of film ever. Without question.

It will definitely take your emotions on a roller coaster ride.

Sixdeux, I've yet to see that although it is on the list :rolleyes: But color me so shocked that the corp world would block access to a successful treatment for any major disease(unless of course they owned the rights to said treatment) or not. They better be glad I'm not king, the profit motive from healthcare would be gone TODAY.

Dogs >:(

Sixdeux, I've yet to see that although it is on the list :rolleyes: But color me so shocked that the corp world would block access to a successful treatment for any major disease(unless of course they owned the rights to said treatment) or not. They better be glad I'm not king, the profit motive from healthcare would be gone TODAY.

Dogs >:(

It’s really scary how they and the FDA work together. Shameful.

Just like Halliburton sits,waits and rewards defense product purchasers for their long governement work ethic, gagcoughspit, the drug companies and hospital,insurance groups do the same thing. If you do what they need you to do, when you leave government you have an A train to 6 figure employment. People suck. Dogs.

Just like Halliburton sits,waits and rewards defense product purchasers for their long governement work ethic, gagcoughspit, the drug companies and hospital,insurance groups do the same thing. If you do what they need you to do, when you leave government you have an A train to 6 figure employment. People suck. Dogs.

We are strange creatures.

Ehhh, me either. We've got to have people who are willing to tell the king he doesn't have clothes. Our society drowns out those voices too easily, they have to be very loud.

Yeah, because I would need gastric bypass surgery before it was all said and done.  :laugh: Oooo, maybe I would bump into Giada or Rachael Ray.  :happydance: