THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Season is far too long and for the most part boring as hell to me until it hits the league series. When a team that is 66-65 is tied for first or second place in the division, I'm way past the point of caring. I enjoy the sport but it has some issues that could seriously be addressed. It took a step into the present day when the commish said the other day that as soon as all stadiums have the same replay equip, instant replay will be used for calls, I hope it helps, the umpires at times have caused some issues. ie: Braves and an infield fly rule call this year in the wildcard game. HORRIBLE call.

The game seems so outdated to me in many ways, I no longer know what it would take to make it interesting again to me, but present conditions aren't it.

Edited by telling tiger

Well, I am more traditional. I don't like instant replay in baseball. It is the same with umps. They had different strike zones and as long

as pitcher knew it he could adjust his stuff if he could.

I think homefield advantages are what they are and it it is the uniformity

and statistics of the game that make it interesting.

I agree and have no been an everyday fan since the first strike way back.

Come play offs that is another story.

I don't want replay on every play as in college/pro football, but an oversight of something like that infield fly BS call would be a graet advantage for all involved. I get bored easily and a 3 hour game with little action, a 2 minute delay between pitches while everyone postures, $22 million dollar a year players who play 7 minutes every 13 days? The league has some issues. Gibson would've hit 99% of the present day players in the head with a pitch just on principle alone and I would've cheered his every pitch. Game has some issues.

Edited by telling tiger

Oh no, there is another one of us golf isn't going to like, although I am a fan :bow:

Welcome aboard or give me a hand up on the wagon, either way.

I've liked Tigers, right colors too, since way back.

We could have a classic series with Cards and Kitties.

I think last time they met in one was one of the Classics in seven.

Motown Tigers had 2, dominating pitchers, Lolich and Morris.

If I remember correctly, Morris won 30 that year and Lolich won 3 in Series.

Cards were loaded with all stars and a wicked pitching staff led

by Bob Gibson, the most intimidating pitcher I ever saw.

get a room