THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Thanks guys, was told HR should present an offer this afternoon or tomorrow morning and if I hadn't received it by lunch tomorrow to call her and she would get taken care of.

I'm taking that as good news.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thanks guys, was told HR should present an offer this afternoon or tomorrow morning and if I hadn't received it by lunch tomorrow to call her and she would get taken care of.

I'm taking that as good news.

I mean, it's between you and Bob Stoops. I like your chances. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I mean, it's between you and Bob Stoops. I like your chances. 

Well, Bill Clark did withdraw his name from contention

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been thinking about James and your steadfast devotion to your son.  I’m hoping things are getting better and that the ESD has taken your toughs away long enough to refresh your resilience.

Edited by I_M4_AU

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’ve been thinking about James and your steadfast devotion to your son.  I’m hoping things are getting better and that the ESD has taken your toughs away long enough to refresh your resilience.

I appreciate it. Truly

He woke up Monday morning excited that his hand was well enough he could finally get back to school, took a few steps and immediately knew he had one in his right ankle. That's what we've been working on this week. 

What I have noticed though is the correlation between me getting little sleep and my waning tolerance to stupidness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

What I have noticed though is the correlation between me getting little sleep and my waning tolerance to stupidness.

This part is funny, well stated.  I have noticed an uptick in Mickey intolerance as of late.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This part is funny, well stated.  I have noticed an uptick in Mickey intolerance as of late.

My B...nah

Fun times last night. Around 12:30 my pet kidney stone that's been with me for a couple years decided it wanted to go for a walk. So I did James treatments at 3 and 6 doubled over. Ended up at the ER by 6:30 and am supposed to meet with a radiologist today to either get a stent or  lithotripsy. 

If God doesn't give more than we can handle, I need to find me a damn cape.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Stopped reading after this, heard my mom calling, glad you had such a good time last night

What The Hell Is A Queue GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

IIWII

We either give up or persevere. However, our perseverance is starting to feel like stubbornness

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IIWII

We either give up or persevere. However, our perseverance is starting to feel like stubbornness

"Been trying to tell ya about that boy."- Ma and/or Pa Bird, I'm guessing

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Been trying to tell ya about that boy."- Ma and/or Pa Bird, I'm guessing

Its most likely the exhaustion, debilitating pain, or the Dilaudid but I missed this one

??

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Its most likely the exhaustion, debilitating pain, or the Dilaudid but I missed this one

??

I was just poking fun at the stubborn part. I meant to bold that word. That one's on me!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was just poking fun at the stubborn part. I meant to bold that word. That one's on me!

Now it makes sense...and 100% correct

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Fun times last night. Around 12:30 my pet kidney stone that's been with me for a couple years decided it wanted to go for a walk. So I did James treatments at 3 and 6 doubled over. Ended up at the ER by 6:30 and am supposed to meet with a radiologist today to either get a stent or  lithotripsy. 

If God doesn't give more than we can handle, I need to find me a damn cape.

Being old, I have gone through this and it ain’t pretty.  A kidney stone is one of those pains that is so debilitating that you can’t think of anything except how to relieve the pain.  So much so the FAA will not let you operate an airplane unless you have proof you no longer have a kidney stone.

One the bright side, lithotripsy is relatively painless, as opposed to passing the stone naturally.  The flip side is they place a stent in to help you through the healing and it has to come out in about a week.  Needless to say that is a procedure I would only want to go through once and only if I had to.

Mine was probably due to dehydration as its been 10 years since I’ve had one.  My doc said to drink a lot of water to keep things flowing, so I drink at least 100 oz a day.

I can literally *feel your pain*.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Well the hits just keep on coming. So apparently my little pet is 1.3 cm and in a spot that the urologist can't stent. It's too big for lithotripsy so I get to have a laser shoved up my dick so he has heat, melt, and shave the stone away. Awesome, right?

The best part is he can't do it til the 2nd week in January.  

What's that line from Road House?

Pain don't hurt!

(That happens to be me and James' motto)

Kidney stones are a w f u l. Prayers continue …….

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well the hits just keep on coming. So apparently my little pet is 1.3 cm and in a spot that the urologist can't stent. It's too big for lithotripsy so I get to have a laser shoved up my dick so he has heat, melt, and shave the stone away. Awesome, right?

Pain don't hurt!

Mine was 1.1 cm, you win.  They had to go up through the only service hole available, but I didn’t know it.  Taking the stent out after a week was a different story.

The good news is its not painful unless the stone is on the move.  Praying it doesn’t move until you have it removed.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Mine was 1.1 cm, you win.  They had to go up through the only service hole available, but I didn’t know it.  Taking the stent out after a week was a different story.

The good news is its not painful unless the stone is on the move.  Praying it doesn’t move until you have it removed.

So nice having a friend that I can talk about being stoned with.😁

I've had it about 18 months.  It was moving and awful for a good while, but nothing for about a year. I thought it had made it to the bladder. Turns out it made it to 1/4" from the bladder and just decided to stop.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pain don't hurt!

This has made my day..... anyway don't yellow birds have little peckers anyway.

• Haha 2