THE ASYLUM

bigbird

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So nice having a friend that I can talk about being stoned with.😁

I've had it about 18 months.  It was moving and awful for a good while, but nothing for about a year. I thought it had made it to the bladder. Turns out it made it to 1/4" from the bladder and just decided to stop.

What you get for being stubborn. Bet your wife has said that a few times

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This has made my day..... anyway don't yellow birds have little peckers anyway.

Post of the day! 

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What you get for being stubborn. Bet your wife has said that a few times

I never bet on a sure loser.

• Like 1

Hello........someone help me out.........I should be really happy for Bo Nix as I am for all Auburn players.....for some reason I feel strangely sort of bitter......not sure how to explain it.

13 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Hello........someone help me out.........I should be really happy for Bo Nix as I am for all Auburn players.....for some reason I feel strangely sort of bitter......not sure how to explain it.

It's simple. The way he dragged it out, somewhat publicly, and then announced he was going into the portal just a couple days before signing day... that's some low class ish. Simple as that. How malicious it was is up for debate, but at a minimum it was not done with any consideration for Auburn whatsoever. So to hell with that coddled little brat and his daddy. 

The silver lining in all this for me is that he took that  BS made up Hallmark story that so many fans had such a hard on for and wiped his ass with it. He made them look very, very stupid, and I hope some of them learned a lesson and will be a little more careful with their assumptions about the people who make this sport happen going forward. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's simple. The way he dragged it out, somewhat publicly, and then announced he was going into the portal just a couple days before signing day... that's some low class ish. Simple as that. How malicious it was is up for debate, but at a minimum it was not done with any consideration for Auburn whatsoever. So to hell with that coddled little brat and his daddy. 

The silver lining in all this for me is that he took that  BS made up Hallmark story that so many fans had such a hard on for and wiped his ass with it. He made them look very, very stupid, and I hope some of them learned a lesson and will be a little more careful with their assumptions about the people who make this sport happen going forward. 

Coddled little brat has definitley entered my mind several times prior to his announcement based on the way he handled several situations.

The whole exit speech was the pleasure was all ours that left a nasty taste for me......thanks mcloof❤

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Asylum!!  Wow, blast from the past. Anyways, glad to find it again. Seeing @telling tiger name brought some fond memories. 

Anyways, @bigbirdyou are the man!!  Just reading your struggle and triumph’s is nothing but awe-inspiring. It’s a good thing that the Lord knows how much ppl can handle. Cuz he knows that there is no way I could handle a half a day in your shoes!! Much respect!!  Glad you have an avenue to release some of your pressures. At the same time you are encouraging others!!  Definitely gives me a renewed perspective on the stresses I deal with on a daily bases, Or lack there of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

The Asylum!!  Wow, blast from the past. Anyways, glad to find it again. Seeing @telling tiger name brought some fond memories. 

Anyways, @bigbirdyou are the man!!  Just reading your struggle and triumph’s is nothing but awe-inspiring. It’s a good thing that the Lord knows how much ppl can handle. Cuz he knows that there is no way I could handle a half a day in your shoes!! Much respect!!  Glad you have an avenue to release some of your pressures. At the same time you are encouraging others!!  Definitely gives me a renewed perspective on the stresses I deal with on a daily bases, Or lack there of. 

Yeah, the inmates here really help when I need it.  

I can't wait to see what's in store for James, he has a plan for him and it's gonna be special

• Like 3

On 11/3/2021 at 9:40 AM, bigbird said:

We got a call at 2 on Saturday morning. Apparently after a Halloween party. The call went something like this...

Madi: Dad!

Me: yes, is everything alright? Are you okay?

Madi: Dad!

Me: yes, baby?

Madi: You're so beautiful!!!

Me: Thank you 

Madi: no seriously, I just love you and mom so much... where's Mom?!?!...I need to talk to her. I need to tell her something!

Me: Just a sec...

Amanda: Sweetie, are you okay?

Madi: Mom!

Amanda: Yes?

Madi: You're so beautiful!!!

Amanda: Thank you, so are you.

Madi: No I'm not 

Amanda: Why do you think that? 

Audible sobbing and garbled mumbles...

Amanda: What's wrong, sweetie?

Madi: I have vomit in my hair and I can't get up onto my bed...more crying

Me: laughter upon laughter upon laughter 

Madi: Daddy why are you laughing?

Me: Because, you're just so beautiful!

Madi: Thaaaaaanks! Hey, you know what? 

Me: what?

Madi: you're so beautiful!!!

Take great pride in that phone call!!

My step-dad has shared basically the same story. He’s had it happen with all three of his kids while they were in college….. I was worried (probably griping) about how my kids don’t appreciate all the stuff we do for them as parents. He’s like just wait you’ll get a drunk call on some Saturday night while they’re in college. Telling you thank you and how much they love you. So Kudos BB, you’re so beautiful!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Take great pride in that phone call!!

My step-dad has shared basically the same story. He’s had it happen with all three of his kids while they were in college….. I was worried (probably griping) about how my kids don’t appreciate all the stuff we do for them as parents. He’s like just wait you’ll get a drunk call on some Saturday night while they’re in college. Telling you thank you and how much they love you. So Kudos BB, you’re so beautiful!!

So glad cell phone weren't around growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, the inmates here really help when I need it.  

I can't wait to see what's in store for James, he has a plan for him and it's gonna be special

No doubt, and we  Can’t wait to hear about it. It will be epic!!

P.s.  Did I miss an update on your latest job interview?  

Spent the last 4 days in the Arkansas mountains. Beautiful place just the four of us.  No bleeds, no pain, no issues...

Just over halfway home he develops a right forearm bleed.  Gonna try and get it resolved before Tuesday so school isn't an issue. 

Prayers for a speedy recovery, patience, and strength, please

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m glad you had a good 4 days.  Prayers for a fast recovery.  When does the Novo phase III trial start?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m glad you had a good 4 days.  Prayers for a fast recovery.  When does the Novo phase III trial start?

Not quite sure yet. His hematologist has to get the paperwork pushed through

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good, I’m hopping @bigbird’s absence is due to James’ Novo Phase III trials.  At least that is what I am praying for.  How goes it with you?