A look at Bama's Defense

AURainman

I didnt split hairs on the common opponents stats. Notice i didnt take away the 7 points we gave up that werent our fault.

and THOSE were the averages.

Why so much talk about uat's defense? Who cares? Are uaters trying to salvage something-anything by saying they think their defense is better than AU's?

THAT is the state of football in west al.?

Wow ! ! ! :blink:

114685[/snapback]

Actually no. I think it's the other way around. It's hard to imagine that with the depth problems UA has, their defense is as good as the Tigers defense.

114693[/snapback]

Thanks tidefan. Now that you have said AU's defense is BETTER, maybe we can move on and talk about AUBURN FOOTBALL ! ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Why so much talk about uat's defense? Who cares? Are uaters trying to salvage something-anything by saying they think their defense is better than AU's?

THAT is the state of football in west al.?

Wow ! ! ! :blink:

114685[/snapback]

Actually no. I think it's the other way around. It's hard to imagine that with the depth problems UA has, their defense is as good as the Tigers defense.

114693[/snapback]

Thanks tidefan. Now that you have said AU's defense is BETTER, maybe we can move on and talk about AUBURN FOOTBALL ! ! ! ! :au::cheer:

114698[/snapback]

If better=even, then yeah, I said AU's defense is better. You guys post some Auburn football threads, and we'll talk Auburn football. Right now, the bama topics are hot.....along with Zook.

In 2002, Auburn came to the Iron Bowl with Alabama's defense ranked #1 in the Nation. There was no argument--they were the Number 1 defense.

Auburn had lost their top 3 running backs: Williams, Brown, Butler and had lost the best blocking back in the Conference, if not the country: Brandon Johnson.

Auburn was armed with a minature, white, TRUE freshman 4th string running back and a white, freshman tight end with one week's practice at blocking back.

Anybody recall what happened?

I for one am enjoying the Tide supporters "basking" in moral victories.

(BTW, BG--"superiority complex" is defined as "an exaggerated opinion of one's self". When one IS SUPERIOR and doesn't exaggerate it--like working hard every week to stay focused--it ain't a complex.)

Exactly. Who cares? All that matters is Auburn has the better football team by far and will for years to come.

In 2002, Auburn came to the Iron Bowl with Alabama's defense ranked #1 in the Nation.  There was no argument--they were the Number 1 defense.

Auburn had lost their top 3 running backs: Williams, Brown, Butler and had lost the best blocking back in the Conference, if not the country: Brandon Johnson.

Auburn was armed with a minature, white, TRUE freshman 4th string running back and a white, freshman tight end with one week's practice at blocking back.

Anybody recall what happened?

I for one am enjoying the Tide supporters "basking" in moral victories.

(BTW, BG--"superiority complex" is defined as "an exaggerated opinion of one's self".  When one IS SUPERIOR and doesn't exaggerate it--like working hard every week to stay focused--it ain't a complex.)

114722[/snapback]

Let's see. Bama should still have the #1 rated defense. Bama's down to #3 QB, and #2 rb. Bama also down a fullback, possibly the best in the conference.

I do remember what happened. AU beat the heavily favored Tide. After reading this post, I now feel a lot better about the UA/AU game. History has a way of repeating itself. :ua:

The FAVORED team almost ALWAYS wins the Iron Bowl.

Hmmm....I wonder WHO will be favored THIS year? :D:au:

Archived