Zook Fired! [merged topic]

SKCAUB

He's gone. Should be some confirmation soon!

If this is the case, and I'm sure the link will come, there has to be far more problems than wins and losses going on in order to fire your head coach right before the biggest game of the season for most UF folks.

Link it or delete it!

114611[/snapback]

I told you it was coming!!! Geez!!!

http://www.wmop.com

Radio station in Florida reporting it as fact.

They're saying that he'll coach the last 4 games but he's gone at season's end.

It would be foolish to let him go in the middle of the season. I'm glad to see them keep him on to finish it out. UF still has a lot to play for when you consider their biggest rivals are coming up and wins over UGA and FSU could put them in a very respectable bowl...thus, more money. Now Zook can coach these games without it hanging over his head.

If this is the case, and I'm sure the link will come, there has to be far more problems than wins and losses going on in order to fire your head coach right before the biggest game of the season for most UF folks.

114607[/snapback]

Like your player's throwing kegs onto students’ heads, or fighting with fraternities??? To cap it all off, back to back 8-5 seasons, bungled calls, incredible talent ---> no excuses. They may not go to a bowl this year. There is NO excuse for his performance. :no:

Expected yes, but right b4 the worlds largest cocktail party, no.

bad timing. team loses focus. whatever.

maybe they cut their losses and move on.

What a disaster for recruiting

114629[/snapback]

You can bet there's alot of teams that are chomping at the bit to go and talk to UF commits right now.

What a disaster for recruiting

114629[/snapback]

You can bet there's alot of teams that are chomping at the bit to go and talk to UF commits right now.

114639[/snapback]

Yeah, like us for instance. :P

I wonder if Chad Jackson (freshman WR from Hoover) is regretting that he spurned Auburn to go down there now?

Now, rumors are flying about Tuberville as a candidate. My mother just called me to tell me that they were reporting Zook's firing. She then said that rumors abound that Florida may consider Tuberville a candidate. She was concerned about the players focus if this crap hits our fan.

Now, rumors are flying about Tuberville as a candidate.  My mother just called me to tell me that they were reporting Zook's firing.  She then said that rumors abound that Florida may consider Tuberville a candidate.  She was concerned about the players focus if this crap hits our fan.

114661[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect Tuberville to be interested.

I do think Tuberville will be up front, honest , and candid with his own (our) players and deal with them quickly and directly on the issue. And our players will trust CTT if he tells them everything is OK. That's the sort of classy, trusting, respectful relationship he's established in this program. I don't expect idle speculations to affect our guys' focus at all if CTT tells them not to worry about it.

To do this just before the ugag game, tells me that the administration, asst. coaches, and players have given up on the season. What a disaster for florida fans.

I would be willing to bet they bring in someone with NO SEC experience to replace this bozo.

they're in a place where they need a guy who's done it before and can do it again. they certainly aren't going to look for a "learn on the job" coach again. i don't think chizik will even be mentioned outside of auburn circles.

Archived