Zook Fired! [merged topic]

SKCAUB

Now, rumors are flying about Tuberville as a candidate.  My mother just called me to tell me that they were reporting Zook's firing.  She then said that rumors abound that Florida may consider Tuberville a candidate.  She was concerned about the players focus if this crap hits our fan.

114661[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect Tuberville to be interested.

I do think Tuberville will be up front, honest , and candid with his own (our) players and deal with them quickly and directly on the issue. And our players will trust CTT if he tells them everything is OK. That's the sort of classy, trusting, respectful relationship he's established in this program. I don't expect idle speculations to affect our guys' focus at all if CTT tells them not to worry about it.

114666[/snapback]

Kinda like the way he did with Ole Miss?? :lol::lol:

Joking, but had to say it. Tubs isn't going anywhere. He's built a very good program, and has no reason to leave.

If I was a college coach. I would hate to coach in the SEC. So much pressure, argh......I think I would go nuts. I hope UF doesnt get Stoops, that would not be good for the rest of the SEC.

BTW who is CGC?

i think the cookbook guy really does know something that we didn't.....bob stoops will be the next coach at florida.....that is scary......might be a good time to hit the oklahoma forums and name-drop a bit.....i wonder how their team would play if they thought their coach was leaving?

My extremely reliable sources tell me Mark Richt is already on the UF campus with an interview scheduled for this afternoon and Nick Saban will be there in the morning.

Shula called but they turned him down.

You guys heard anything on that? B)B)B)

My extremely reliable sources tell me Mark Richt is already on the UF campus with an interview scheduled for this afternoon and Nick Saban will be there in the morning. 

You guys heard anything on that? B)   B)   B)

114730[/snapback]

Stoops is not leaving OU for UF. Why? Whining fans? He is a god at OU that wasn't even questioned after last year's 2 losses.....has a already insane recruiting class...and gets along with his AD (I dont buy into that guys story about OU's AD and Stoops...please <_< ).

I think it comes down to Rich Rodriguez, Meyer, and Petrino

Stoops would be taking a demotion if he went to UF, no? OU is at the top of college football right now. Why would he leave that?

My prediction is that they get Bobby Petrino. He has a up-tempo diverse offense and has shown what he can do with how quickly he's gotten Louisville good so quickly. I'm sure there will be other names tossed around: Jon Gruden, Bob Stoops, Mike Shanahan, etc. But I think Petrino will end up being the guy.

If not Petrino, then I'd say Urban Meyer from Utah.

If they are really smart, they go after Norm Chow.

Just curious--$$:

Anybody know if Zook had a buy-out clause and for how much? [Aren't they pretty standard in major college contracts these days?]

I.e., how much, if any, is it going to cost Florida to dump him?

...not that it will be any problem. I think there were plenty of fat cat Florida alumni who would have coughed up any amount to get rid of him last year, or earlier.

Now, rumors are flying about Tuberville as a candidate.  My mother just called me to tell me that they were reporting Zook's firing.  She then said that rumors abound that Florida may consider Tuberville a candidate.  She was concerned about the players focus if this crap hits our fan.

114661[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect Tuberville to be interested.

I do think Tuberville will be up front, honest , and candid with his own (our) players and deal with them quickly and directly on the issue. And our players will trust CTT if he tells them everything is OK. That's the sort of classy, trusting, respectful relationship he's established in this program. I don't expect idle speculations to affect our guys' focus at all if CTT tells them not to worry about it.

114666[/snapback]

florida's rivals site just put out a list of their top 10 cahing candidates.

i'll give you one guess who's not on the list.

here is who they are considering

1.urban meyer

2.bob stoops

3.spurrier

4.bobby petrino

5.jeff tedford

6. dan hawkins

7.mike leach

8.joe tiller

9.butch davis

10.mike mularkey

wow they are cocky

You guys heard anything on that? B)   B)   B)

114730[/snapback]

I think the deal breaker with shula is that the Gators do not include a large enough

"briefcase" allowance in the package. :big:

PF says SOS is almost a certain deal. For more than one reason I think it could easily be so. Look, Foley really blew this deal with Zook. The :uf: Family NEVER liked the call. Foley is in hot water and needs some relief. Watch the Ole Ball Coach to make a move back to Gainesville.

BTW, I really want him back there. I would dearly love to see :au: and :uf: Fight it out every year.

Even though we lost to Florida most of the time when Spurrier was there.. I have a lot of respect for the guy. Florida was always my favorite team other than Auburn.. with Tennessee at a close 2nd. I would love to see Florida get back to the old days. :)

When do we play them again BTW?

if we're talking purely selfish wishes for the new gator coach, i want bobby p. i'd really love to kick a petrino coached team's teeth in, and we're not going to get that opportunity while he's at louisville.

i'd guess that you can nix tedford off that list immediately. joe tiller and butch davis (wow, talk about a guy who would be hated... miami fans would beg for a series renewal) are no-gos. i don't see why florida would want hawkins or leach. leach especially b/c that's a gimmick offense that works with average talent kinda like marshall's. why would they wanna get burnt by that again? (personally, i think utah runs a gimmick offense that wouldn't work against consistently tough competition with ample time to prepare).

spurrier is number one regardless of what anyone says. he's the only guy that would get 100% approval, and foley needs that. after that it's gotta be a call to stoops (who i doubt comes back just like last time) then i would guess petrino, meyer, and shannahan again. should be interesting.

Archived