New BCS Standings

ezeskeezy

Woo hoo, I get to be the first person to post new stuff. The new BCS Standings are out and Oklahoma Jumped Miami to the Number 2 spot. WTF. Auburn still at 4th. Go Cowboys this weekend...and whoever the others are playing too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings?week=2 :au:

The UK game hurt our SOS in the computers. We should get those back if we beat UGA (and UGA doesn't lose to anyone else but us). It's still ok though. We're only .0342 out of second, which is miniscule.

The thing I can't figure out is what the damn computers see in Miami that they have them ranked first. What has Miami done to deserve that ranking?

The UK game hurt our SOS in the computers.  We should get those back if we beat UGA (and UGA doesn't lose to anyone else but us).  It's still ok though.  We're only .0342 out of second, which is miniscule.

The thing I can't figure out is what the damn computers see in Miami that they have them ranked first.  What has Miami done to deserve that ranking?

114725[/snapback]

beat fsu.

The UK game hurt our SOS in the computers.  We should get those back if we beat UGA (and UGA doesn't lose to anyone else but us).  It's still ok though.  We're only .0342 out of second, which is miniscule.

The thing I can't figure out is what the damn computers see in Miami that they have them ranked first.  What has Miami done to deserve that ranking?

114725[/snapback]

beat fsu.

114736[/snapback]

...which is one of THE most overrated teams in history. When FSU collapses (they will) so will Miami's inflated dreams.

114725[/snapback]

beat fsu.

114736[/snapback]

...which is one of THE most overrated teams in history. When FSU collapses (they will) so will Miami's inflated dreams.

114747[/snapback]

i agree.

114725[/snapback]

And other than FSU who have they played? :no: Something just doesn't add up here.

114725[/snapback]

beat fsu.

114736[/snapback]

Yeah, 16-10 with last minute heroics because Chris Rix sucks. Sorry, but that shouldn't be enough to make them #1.

114725[/snapback]

And other than FSU who have they played? :no: Something just doesn't add up here.

114749[/snapback]

they also beat louisville wo is ranked 17 by the computers. unfortunately they dont look at the scores just who won

114725[/snapback]

114749[/snapback]

they also beat louisville wo is ranked 17 by the computers. unfortunately they dont look at the scores just who won

114754[/snapback]

I know they played Louisville and neither team looked as if they had a defense.

FSU destroyed a highly ranked Virginia team. Who is Florida State going to lose to?

FSU destroyed a highly ranked Virginia team.  Who is Florida State going to lose to?

114774[/snapback]

I'm not to sure what their schedule is, but I've seen them play against Miami, Wake Forest and Syracuse and they were PATHETIC!!!!

FSU doesn't deserve to be in the top ten. But, alas, they are.

FSU destroyed a highly ranked Virginia team.  Who is Florida State going to lose to?

114774[/snapback]

I'm not to sure what their schedule is, but I've seen them play against Miami, Wake Forest and Syracuse and they were PATHETIC!!!!

FSU doesn't deserve to be in the top ten. But, alas, they are.

114782[/snapback]

They are pathetic. I won't argue that. But, the media loves FSU so they could win the rest of their games by one point, and won't drop. It's been that way for years.

As for the rest of their schedule, they've got Maryland, Duke, N.C. State, and Florida. They'll win a close one at Maryland, blow out Duke, and beat Florida. N.C. State has the best chance to knock them off, but now that they don't have the QB throwing 4 ints a game, I think they can just run the ball and beat the rest of these teams.

USC vs. Oklahoma National Title Game

It looks to me that the only way AU goes to the NC is if one of the top two lose. Then AU has to worry about getting in before Miami.

Is that the way you "see" it or is that the way you "hope & pray" it turns out? :D:poke:

Is that the way you "see" it or is that the way you "hope & pray" it turns out? :D  :poke:

114813[/snapback]

Seriously, do you see USC or Oklahoma being beat? USC doesn't play anyone for the rest of the year. Oklahoma plays OSU, and Texas A&M. The aggies have the best shot, but if they don't, Oklahoma won't lose again.

Heck, Will Auburn win the rest of the games on the schedule? WHO knows?

But, IF an SEC TEAM runs the table and doesn't get a chance to play for all the marbles, there is NO justice in the world. :au:

ONE at a time......... :au:

There's still a LOT of football to be played. It warms my heart to see the bama fans in here singing the "you're not going to the Orange Bowl" crap. But then, that's from the 4th best team in the state.

Until this weekend we each had 3rd place:

National Rankings

1. USC

2. Oklahoma

3. Auburn

State Rankings

1. Auburn

2. UAB

3. UAT

But now, it appears as though Troy State deserves the number 3 slot. Bama fans should be happy Jacksonville State lost, or Bama would have slid to 5th in the state.

War Eagle!

There's still a LOT of football to be played.  It warms my heart to see the bama fans in here singing the "you're not going to the Orange Bowl" crap.  But then, that's from the 4th best team in the state.

Until this weekend we each had 3rd place:

National Rankings

1.  USC

2.  Oklahoma

3.  Auburn

State Rankings

1.  Auburn

2.  UAB

3.  UAT

But now, it appears as though Troy State deserves the number 3 slot.  Bama fans should be happy Jacksonville State lost, or Bama would have slid to 5th in the state.

War Eagle!

114897[/snapback]

HA!!! What do you have to say about that Bama fans? Personally, I think Auburn will have a shot to play in the National Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, only if we win out, so that's all we need to concentrate on at this point!

Is that the way you "see" it or is that the way you "hope & pray" it turns out? :D  :poke:

114813[/snapback]

Of course thats the way I see it. But lets say AU did go 11-0 and didnt get into the NC. That would make my day too. :)

114813[/snapback]

Of course thats the way I see it. But lets say AU did go 11-0 and didnt get into the NC. That would make my day too. :)

114908[/snapback]

To play for the Mnc, AU must go 12-0. Gotta' win the SEC FIRST ! ! ! ! :au:

ONE at a time...Next up?..... :om:

Archived