Khaliel Rodgers/Kenny Bigelow Package Deal

Cam2Newton1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think he would have to sit out a year. By then Golson would have graduated as he is a Junior this year and will be a Senior next year. Whether we would still want him I don't know. Unless he is a Grad transfer then I am wrong on sitting out a year.

He was in the 2013 class, so yes he'll be a graduate transfer per this article,

http://www.scout.com/college/usc/story/1741825-khaliel-rodgers-moving-on

I'm pretty sure that this staff recruited him along with Kenny Bigelow, his high school teammate. We thought we had him at one point, so maybe he'll contact the staff. The article says that he wants to play guard, but hopefully he can give us some depth at center or even take over the position.

5 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Khaliel Rogers is transferring from USC. Is there any chance that we could land him at Center and move Golson to RT?

Too early to tell but I don't think so. He's adaement he's not moving to Center & Braden has 1 Guard spot locked down if he stays. The staff likes it's chances of finding its other Guard for 2017 between James,Horton, & Harrell.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Too early to tell but I don't think so. He's adaement he's not moving to Center & Braden has 1 Guard spot locked down if he stays. The staff likes it's chances of finding its other Guard for 2017 between James,Horton, & Harrell.

That's understandable. I still think we could convince him to come take over for Kozan. If it doesn't work out then at least we have a back-up guard/center with talent and experience. With attrition, we will have plenty of room for graduate transfers.

I think it's interesting that 3 guys that were Auburn leans at one point are now transferring from the school that they chose over Auburn... Yet Auburn has not been mentioned for any of these 3 guys that were all recruited by Malzahn. Those 3 are Rogers, EJ Price, and Chidi Valentine-Okeke. 

I think the talent on our OL can be upgraded and I would love to see us land 1-2 of these guys.

I believe we have great talent and depth at Guard between James, Horton, and Harrell. James should always have been a guard but if he played tackle it should have been right tackle. I believe that he ended up at tackle because none of our current players stepped up. As we saw with Leff though it is possible one of the other guys might step up at tackle as it takes some players more seasoning before they are ready.

At this time I think the Princes and Ashley are our options at tackle and that does not give me the warm and fuzzy feeling a true freshman even when talented goes through a steep learning curve especially pass blocking against super quick DE's.  The Prince's have the tools but very limited experience. If all 3 work out we have one legit backup at tackle if one doesn't we basically have no depth.

Every year I repeat the same mantra this team will be as good as how quick the O-line gels and how good they become. The Auburn teams that won or contended for national titles had dominant O-Lines with at least one year or more of the guys playing together.

If any of the three is a top notch tackle we should try and get him but if guards and centers I don't think we need them.

Archived