old miss ?

WarTim

Let's focus on the #3 AUBURN TIGERS, you know-THE BEST TEAM IN THE SEC ! ! ! ! :au:

How do you see the game shaping up? What do you see as their strengths and weaknesses?

What is the best game plan for AU to reach 9-0?

WAR EAGLE ! ! !...ONE at a time ! ! ! ! :au:

I see another good mix of power running, accurate passing and diversified playcalling a good idea for the offense.

The defense needs another stifiling performance ;)

I am sure CTT will have some new things up his sleeve for the rebels. We shouldn't lose this game BUT...we have to play our best game yet. No penalties, turnovers, or bonehead coaching moves. Ronnie and Carnell will run and JC will throw enough to keep :om: off balance. I am worried about specialty teams, however. Auburn has to get out ahead early :blink: (Duh!) No letting up and pour it on until the fourth quarter.

P.S. To the Coaching staff, PLEASE REMOVE THE 5-10 YARD OUT PASS FROM YOUR PLAYBOOK! It is just an interception waiting to happen. (See B. Cox)

I think that Ole Miss will come out fired up but by the end of the game the stadium will be Orange. This team is way to focused to slip up on National TV. AUBURN 38 OLE MISS 13

I think we will jump on them early. Our defense will force some turnovers early and our offense will make them pay. Another game dominated by the Tigers.

AU 38 - OM 6

I wonder if Jason & Ben feel that old miss is DUE some "payback"? :au::big:

I wonder if Jason & Ben feel that old miss is DUE some "payback"? :au:   :big:

114825[/snapback]

I believe you're right brother!

I also believe we will see the return of the official "Riverboat Gambler" this weekend!!!

I hope CTT has some wild plays after we get ahead 14+ points, just to show the Ole Piss crowd how much CTT hates them!!!

I agree with DothanTiger. Ole Miss will be sky high to start and will have the fan support. AU is in the payback mode and will play a physical game on both sides of the ball.

AU - 30

Ole Miss - 10

I honestly can't see this team looking ahead to anyone, even with UGA on the horizon. I think this team realizes what's at stake with every game played and will be ready. CTT will get em' ready for this one anyway. This is still one of the big one's on the schedule for him for obvious reasons. WDE

38-10 seems like a popular prediction.. I had that before I changed it to 6 for them. I don't think they will score a touchdown on us.

114829[/snapback]

Yeah, it might be worse. Depends on how the backups do. I think we'll get far enough ahead that the 4th quarter will be mostly 2nd and 3rd teamers on defense.

Now, don't take this to be that I think Ole Miss can't put a scare into us. If we buck the trend we've followed all year and are looking ahead, they could cause problems and make things too close for comfort. Ask Tennessee. The Vols should have pounded the Rebels, but too many mistakes and lack of focus hurt them.

If we are focused like we've been for almost every game this year, it's a blowout. If we are reading the papers too much or looking ahead to Georgia, then things get a little hairy. I think we'll be focused and take care of business, but Tuberville will pull the starters and not run up the score too badly.

Ole Miss doesnt impress me.....3 qb rotation? Give me a break. The only reason why they played tenn. so close is because Tenn. is OOOOVVERRATED. Im starting to think our tenn. win isnt as big of a win as I first thought...but either case, I dont see ole miss causing any problems. They will have to pass the ball, something they are not good at this year...and the young qbs will be extremely confused being in Jordan-hare. Anyone who predicts this game being close doesnt know some football knowledge.

Auburn 38

Ole Miss 7

Ole Miss doesnt impress me.....3 qb rotation? Give me a break.  The only reason why they played tenn. so close is because Tenn. is OOOOVVERRATED.  Im starting to think our tenn. win isnt as big of a win as I first thought...but either case, I dont see ole miss causing any problems.  They will have to pass the ball, something they are not good at this year...and the young qbs will be extremely confused being in Jordan-hare.  Anyone who predicts this game being close doesnt know some football knowledge.

Auburn 38

Ole Miss 7

114835[/snapback]

If the Ole Miss qb's are in Jordan-Hare for this game, I'd say they are more than a little confused. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, Ole Miss is terrible. Auburn has a better scoring defense than bama, and bama only allowed 7 against Ole Miss. Using that logic, AU gets a shut-out. 31-0.

From your lips to God's ear ! ! ! :au:

Using that logic, AU gets a shut-out.  31-0.

114844[/snapback]

I'd love to put one more goose egg on the board for the season, and don't see it happening against Georgia or later. [Well, maybe if Bama has to rely on the pass to score :poke::D ]

Our defense has gotten a little generous of late, but that's what 2nd stringers do sometimes. A big, fat zero would help keep our scoring average down. ..Can't say I'm predicting it, though.

If our guys want to have any thoughts about the future, they should limit them to thinking how important it is to crush Ole Miss and make a great impression on the pollsters IN EVERY GAME. But I don't have to tell them that!

Ole Miss doesnt impress me.....3 qb rotation? Give me a break.  The only reason why they played tenn. so close is because Tenn. is OOOOVVERRATED.  Im starting to think our tenn. win isnt as big of a win as I first thought...but either case, I dont see ole miss causing any problems.  They will have to pass the ball, something they are not good at this year...and the young qbs will be extremely confused being in Jordan-hare.  Anyone who predicts this game being close doesnt know some football knowledge.

Auburn 38

Ole Miss 7

114835[/snapback]

Obviously this guy doesnt know football because the game is AT Ole Miss

Auburn 38

Ole Miss 7

114835[/snapback]

I agree, except the game is in Oxford.

:au: 48

:om: 3

I can't wait. I'm so ready to go to Oxford and get them back for what they did to us in J-H last year. It was miserable!!!!! I think Tubs will really use this game to get us ready for UGA so I'm predicting some new plays, fresh players, and lots of scores.

:au: 45

:om: 10

i can't tell if my nervousness is due to my being from mississippi or our progressively sloppy play (can anyone honestly say we're playing better now than we were pre-ut?). i always think we'll win (until gameday when the true naseau sets in) so i'm not predicting a loss, but i do think it'll be closer than 35 (i mean honestly do you guys really think we'll do that much better against a team that's better than uk on their home field????). it's gonna be a battle b/c regardless of what tubby or anyone else says, the fans are still bitter.

if we come play our game and stick 'em on defense early, we should be able to put them away in the third.

:au: I think our defense will put serious pressure on their QB's and force them to throw a few interceptions. I also see a big rushing performance by both Carnell and Ronnie! :au:

:au: 33

:om: 13

This is an old miss team that lost to wyoming-memphis-uat(blowout) etc......

BUT, we MUST play OUR game and not worry about them. WE are capable of blowing them out. BUT, we need to get the focus back that we had earlier. I believe the Seniors and the Coaching staff will see to it that it happens.

I never get into the point spread thing, but, We are a better team. We just need to go to oxford and prove it on the field.

WAR EAGLE...ONE at a time. :au:

Archived