old miss ?

WarTim

Granted, we played a very sloppy game against UK but look at the second half. I think only 5 passes were thrown and we just ran the ball very conservatively. We could ahve hung 60 on them easily but as CTT said, "What's the point?"

Same MO in the Arky game. We played lights out for a half and then went in a shell, handing off on 1st and 2nd down the entire 2nd half. I think 70 was possible in that game, but again, what's the point? We did exactly ro Arky what we did to UT. 30 quick ones and play defense. CTT fully understands the importance of this game and the hatred with the Cold Piss folks. He'll have em' ready. I'll bet CTT won't be as quick to call off the dogs in this one if he gets a chance. WDE

IF WE CAN BEAT THEM AS BAD AS I WANT TO BEAT THEM,THEY WILL NEED AN EXTRA DIGIT SPACE ON THE SCOREBOARD......i hold ole piss in the same regard as bammer,whick slightly below weasel poop....i want to beat them 100 points if time allows....this one will be a blowout....ole piss is ole piss and that is all that they will ever be

Come on, don't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think ! ! !

:D:D:D:au:

I think we make a statement going into the off week. Meaningless TD on the fourth stringers with the waterboy at middle linebacker.

AU 49

Miss 7

man i get indigestion just thinking about games against mississippi teams (i'm from starkville) just b/c you COULD lose. should we? heck no. but we were better at 21 of 22 positions last year and lost at home. i think we'll come out and play sharp, but if we don't, we'll be in trouble. they're are playing a lot better now than when they played bama (bravo to cutcliffe for finding a way to score SOMETHING with those awful players), and we're playing worse. the arkansas game was (in mine and chizik's words) our worst defensive game of the season, and the uk game was disgustingly sloppy. wins are wins, but poor play catches up unless you stem the tide.

i think we'll win. i don't see a 30 point win like most folks here are saying. i love ben. he's a great guy. i hope he puts up 200 yards and 3 tds, but i honestly see this as a grind that plays into the hands of carnell williams. he's a grid it out running back that gets better with every touch of the ball. he's gonna be the guy that puts the game away.

Worried with a night game in Oxford.. BUT I think we will come away with the win. I would like to see Jason throw a long endzone pass to Ben to START the game.

:au: 31

:om: 17

A statement/revenge game. This is a "Circle" Game for me. I cant stand :om: I hope we hang 40+ on them.

Reality in mind here :au: 30-10 :om: .

I don't see this one being the rout that others here do...there are two things, though, working for us that should prevent any dropoff in outlook

1) Last year's game...our only loss that could have (should have) been in the win column.

2) The off week that follows will come at a great time...the boys will have plenty of time to daydream about Georgia on Halloween day.

The team has been very good about jumping on opponents early and taking them completely out of their game plan...that needs to continue. The more you let an underdog hang around, especially when they're at home, the more dangerous the game becomes.

I'm thinking this one is going to be in the 28-13 neighborhood for the good guys...hope the rest of you picking blowouts are right, though. I just don't get that feeling.

I'm glad to read some of the latest posts. Ole Miss scares me more than the Arky game did. Ole Miss has more talent than we give them credit for. They had some other decent recruits after they got Eli. The just don't have a QB. We are playing a night game on the road in the SEC, and we have not had a game where everything went wrong. It could happen.

Reading the quotes from the players after UK game makes me think they are losing focus ( i.e. "we really had a sloppy game and still won by 32")

Be a little scared on this Halloween eve.

:au: 21

:om: 17

No worries guys... This will be a STATEMENT game this game is at night, on the road, and a team that CTT has less than warm feelings over. Ben & JC have a good game 2 td's for Ben. Carnell and Ronnie do the clean up scoring 3 td's combined. Our D shows up and takes the air out of a 3 qb system. I say they are still not happy about letting UK score the first rushing TD on a 80 yard drive none the less. That being said the D adds a score of its own this night, and it comes early.

:au: 42

:om: 7

they might have played sloppy but it was UK we were switching players in and out left and right. This is an important game we will clinch the SEC West with a win and they know it. We heard the same "it's on the road, it's a night game" when we went to UT, they know whats at stake just like they have every week.

WAR DAMN EAGLE BEAT OM

Archived