Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Remember how the dominos fell with the 2013 QBs?  The same thing is about to happen with the RBs, and it could start this week.  There are the obvious names; Jordan Wilkins, Ty Dye, Ryan Green, Derrick Green, Tarean Folston, AJ Thurman, maybe even some surprises.  Now comes an indication that two commits in this class is a possibility, with it being a big-man, speed-back combo.  However, unlike the QB thing, this one is changing a lot more rapidly and frequently.  I don't have a clue who will be in our class (I have a guess or two), but I do know things are a lot different today than at this point last week.  Gonna be fun to watch!!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly would be happy with any of those guys,I wouldnt be suprised to see some news from Jordan Wilkins visit today.  :tdau:

I have watched film on all these kids and they are all good. Correct me here but this is what I see based on film and size.

Ty Dye - 6'1" 205. Big Back, Elbert Cnty, GA (looks fast and powerful)

Jordan Wilkins - 6'1" 195 Big Back, TN (does not weigh over 200 pds yet but is tall and runs like a Big back)

Ryan Green - 5'10" Small Back, St Petersburg, FL (fast with sharp cuts)

Derrick Green - 5'11" 225 Big Back, Richmond, VA (powerful)

Tarean Folston - 5'10", 190 Small Back, Cocoa Bch, FL (fast, sharp cuts)

AJ Thurman - 6'1", 200 Big Back, (just 200 pds but runs people over)

If this is right, we have 4 Big backs and 2 small backs we are looking at. So, if it is going to be that we take 1 big back and 1 small back, if Jordan WIlkins commits soon, that would mean that Ty Dye, Derrick Green, and AJ Thurman would be going elsewhere.

I like all the backs here. When I watch the film, I am extremely impressed with Dye. I would like to have him regardless of who commits first.

Finally, I really have not heard much on our boards about the 2 smaller backs, Folston and R. Green. They look like typical fast FL backs. Are these 2 guys giving us a serious look? Must be or they would not have made this list.

I have watched film on all these kids and they are all good. Correct me here but this is what I see based on film and size.

Jordan Wilkins - 6'1" 195 Big Back, TN (does not weigh over 200 pds yet but is tall and runs like a Big back)

If this is right, we have 4 Big backs and 2 small backs we are looking at. So, if it is going to be that we take 1 big back and 1 small back, if Jordan WIlkins commits soon, that would mean that Ty Dye, Derrick Green, and AJ Thurman would be going elsewhere.

I like all the backs here. When I watch the film, I am extremely impressed with Dye. I would like to have him regardless of who commits first.

Finally, I really have not heard much on our boards about the 2 smaller backs, Folston and R. Green. They look like typical fast FL backs. Are these 2 guys giving us a serious look? Must be or they would not have made this list.

Wilkins is about 205

Ryan Green has a thread on AE and is seriously considering Auburn.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=46301.0

Remember how the dominos fell with the 2013 QBs?  The same thing is about to happen with the RBs, and it could start this week.  There are the obvious names; Jordan Wilkins, Ty Dye, Ryan Green, Derrick Green, Tarean Folston, AJ Thurman, maybe even some surprises.  Now comes an indication that two commits in this class is a possibility, with it being a big-man, speed-back combo.  However, unlike the QB thing, this one is changing a lot more rapidly and frequently.  I don't have a clue who will be in our class (I have a guess or two), but I do know things are a lot different today than at this point last week.  Gonna be fun to watch!!

The 85 rule has created a sense of urgency for a lot of recruits, even some of the higher ranked ones, which is a good thing imo. They don't want the door to close on them at their preferred choice. As you say, once the first of the RBs commit, the rest will fall in line pretty fast. Personally I like the Derrick Green kid from Va the best however I just don't see him coming that far although I could be surprised. Of the others, the two I like the best are Dye and Wilkins who is at AU today and scheduled for Michigan State on Saturday .

• 1 month later...

I wanted to pull this thread back up since we have several threads on the four or five RBs we are after.  Plus, look how much has changed in just six weeks.  We thought the dominos would start falling then, but nothing has happened except Ryan Green to FSU (good commit for them IMO) and the entrance of Greg Bryant into the picture.  These kids, except for Bryant who is committed already, are waiting on something, and it seems as if, like the QB dominos, once one goes, the other will follow suit.  I think it's a given that we'd take two, if it's a big/scat combo, so we'll see.  Right now, my guess is Wilkins or Dye go first, with Green or Bryant later.  Of the four, based on recent camps, I'd put the order; Bryant, Wilkins, Green, and Dye.  Bit that could change tomorrow, or today.

the biggest issue right now is we haven't been able to agree on which RB is our #1. Luper wants Wilkins, and Lefty has someone else in mind (who, I'm not sure?).

Why would we take 2 RBs in this class? Wouldn't that leave us with 6 scholarship RBs the following year (Grant, Mason, Blakely, Robinson) + 2 RBs.

You're right when looking at pure numbers, and spacing even.  But if you can get two of this stature, you gotta go there.

Why would we take 2 RBs in this class? Wouldn't that leave us with 6 scholarship RBs the following year (Grant, Mason, Blakely, Robinson) + 2 RBs.

But remember, we were all too excited to take a commitment from TJ along with Robinson last year. So by taking 2 this year, we only add one into the fold. If we had 2 last class, we would be after only 1 in this class.

But remember, we were all too excited to take a commitment from TJ along with Robinson last year. So by taking 2 this year, we only add one into the fold. If we had 2 last class, we would be after only 1 in this class.

Yeah well Yeldon was an absolute freak of nature and the best RB in the class last year, I'd take him even if we had 8 RBs on the roster.....

Greene and Bryant aren't too shabby either.

I just wonder what combination of 2 RBs would we take....Would we take ANY combination of Green, Bryant, Wilkins and Dye?

the biggest issue right now is we haven't been able to agree on which RB is our #1. Luper wants Wilkins, and Lefty has someone else in mind (who, I'm not sure?).

Interesting. I'm going with Wilkins because he seems to really want to be an Auburn man and if CCL likes him, then I'm sold.

Interesting. I'm going with Wilkins because he seems to really want to be an Auburn man and if CCL likes him, then I'm sold.

If Wilkins is in this class it will likely not come til August.

You're right when looking at pure numbers, and spacing even.  But if you can get two of this stature, you gotta go there.

^^^ That is what I am thinking. Can't pass up on it although if there is any position Auburn will never been in short supply of, it is RB.

^^^ That is what I am thinking. Can't pass up on it although if there is any position Auburn will never been in short supply of, it is RB.

Only reason we are not short now is bc of 2 transfers. We quit recruiting running backs after TJY committed, if we had only Robinson we would have 3 RB's on scholarship (Omac, Mason, Robinson).

Only reason we are not short now is bc of 2 transfers. We quit recruiting running backs after TJY committed, if we had only Robinson we would have 3 RB's on scholarship (Omac, Mason, Robinson).

But the transfers were the reason we weren't heavily recruiting other RBs.

Someone asked BMatthews on twitter who he thought would be Auburn's next commitment and he said "Look out for Jordan Wilkins."

Someone asked BMatthews on twitter who he thought would be Auburn's next commitment and he said "Look out for Jordan Wilkins."

He may still be but that will likely not come until August.. It depends how the coaches feel about the visits from the other RBs this week.

He may still be but that will likely not come until August.. It depends how the coaches feel about the visits from the other RBs this week.

Ellitor, how would you personally rank the runningbacks that we're looking at, 1-5?

Ellitor, how would you personally rank the runningbacks that we're looking at, 1-5?

I can't rank them but I can tell you who does best in certain categories

Best Power: GB

Quickest Burst and best balance: DG

Best hands and Follows Blocks: TD

Best stiff arm and Best Hips: JW

I can't rank them but I can tell you who does best in certain categories

Best Power: GB

Quickest Burst and best balance: DG

Best hands and Follows Blocks: TD

Best stiff arm and Best Hips: JW

Fair enough...maybe I should have asked you to rank your RB wish list...

Archived