Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Funny, just last season the AJC blogs were full of DullDawgs doing the same whining, wimpering and simpering about their OC Bobo that we see about Loeffler today. Now, with a more seasoned QB and o-line and a spark from good RB recruiting, the former fool is running the hottest offense in college football.

That's just one glaring example of why it's way too soon to think bad thoughts about our new OC.

Agreed. It takes time. I've seen bad offensive coordinating before and I don't think our offense is fundamentally bad. We've had running lanes and receivers running free at times every game. We just haven't been able to capitalize on many of them. I just think we're one confident QB away from making some plays. We also need to stop fumbling so much and stop imploding whenever we do turn the ball over.

Having said all that, there are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing our offense try though. Maybe we could run some more crossing routes. And let's get a screen game going. Short passes that require Keihl to stand in the pocket and deliver. And I really don't understand why we won't throw a slant. It's so basic yet can be so hard to cover. You'd think it was a staple in ever offensive coordinator's playbook. But our last two OC's refuse to run them.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived