Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Dye likes us and Clemson.

D Green no clue.

I will say Meeeeechigan. They only have a few schollies left and i believe they backed of Wilkins late because they did not have room, JMPO. As for who is our 2nd choice I think this week will go a long way to answering that question.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dye likes us and Clemson.

D Green no clue.

I will say Meeeeechigan. They only have a few schollies left and i believe they backed of Wilkins late because they did not have room, JMPO. As for who is our 2nd choice I think this week will go a long way to answering that question.

I would be 100% happy with Wilkins and Dye, those 2 would be AUsome.

Yeah I am a Bryant fan too. If we get Wilkins tomorrow, I think the other back with have to be truly special for us to take him. IMO Bryant is the only other back that is really in that category. The other backs are great, don't get me wrong, but we are running out of room and I am thinking it's one of those situations were a truly special player is all we will make room for.

Yeah I am a Bryant fan too. If we get Wilkins tomorrow, I think the other back with have to be truly special for us to take him. IMO Bryant is the only other back that is really in that category. The other backs are great, don't get me wrong, but we are running out of room and I am thinking it's one of those situations were a truly special player is all we will make room for.

I don't think the coaches would turn Green away either.

Given that our numbers are at 16 and we have 18 slots, maybe with attricion we get to 21 or 22 i dont think we takee two backs.  No room

Why would we take 2 RBs in this class? Wouldn't that leave us with 6 scholarship RBs the following year (Grant, Mason, Blakely, Robinson) + 2 RBs.

You're right when looking at pure numbers, and spacing even.  But if you can get two of this stature, you gotta go there.

^^^ That is what I am thinking. Can't pass up on it although if there is any position Auburn will never been in short supply of, it is RB.

Only reason we are not short now is bc of 2 transfers. We quit recruiting running backs after TJY committed, if we had only Robinson we would have 3 RB's on scholarship (Omac, Mason, Robinson).

...Yes, but both transfers were already enrolled last fall, so we already knew that we would have both of them. It's not as if we lost out on Yeldon and then were saved because two other guys decided to transfer after that.

Given that our numbers are at 16 and we have 18 slots, maybe with attricion we get to 21 or 22 i dont think we takee two backs.  No room

That's what I've been thinking for months, but apparently it's pretty likely to happen if we can pull an elite speed back.

That's what I've been thinking for months, but apparently it's pretty likely to happen if we can pull an elite speed back.

I still think we end up signing almost a full class, 23-24. ZPike and JRose are kind of unknowns last I heard, plus possible grades, discipline, and medical attrition. And just IMO, a decent possibility of a QB outgoing transfer...

Will we take Dye after/if we get Wilkins?

I was thinking we take 1 of Wilkins/Dye and 1 of Greene/Bryant.

That is what I am thinking will happen. Wilkins is apparently gonna be a close one though so who knows.

I don't know if this has been discussed but if we take two RB's maybe we could convert one into a FB?? Wilkins is a big guy and could probably play both.

I don't know if this has been discussed but if we take two RB's maybe we could convert one into a FB?? Wilkins is a big guy and could probably play both.

These guys are all pretty much too talented with the ball in their hands to convert them to FB. They would just go to another school, it isn't like they don't have other solid offers.

That's my thought. But time will tell.

Seems likely that we will get a walkon fullback if there isn't enough room to sign one.

Red,

We finally agreed!!!!!!!!!! Wow.....

Now that JW has committed, my personal #1 RB pick for AU by the way, I think if another top RB wants AU we will definitely take him. To that point, I think Dye is going to commit ahead of any of the other RBs. That will give us 2 VERY solid groups of RBs going thru the system.

Group 1. Mason, Blakely, Grant

Group 2. Robinson, Wilkins, Dye (?)

That's as solid as it gets and who will be blocking for these studs the next 4 years ? Eleven of some of the best offensive linemen in the country from the Top 5 OL classes the last two years, the '12 OL class being #2 to Stanford.

We will know a lot more after this weekend.  With Dye coming in tomorrow, and Derrick Green on the weekend.  Both do not appear to be close to a decision, with Dye being closer.  If he feels pressure, he may commit if our coaches let him, but odds are they will at least wait until Green's visit.  Right now, I would put the order of a second back as a Green/Dye toss-up (which domino falls first), with Bryant being the least likely.  With that said, based on all-around value, I wish it were Bryant (just another quality kid, like Wilkins).  Now, that is NOT a reflection on Dye or Green, just don't know as much about them.  Michigan is now saying that Green is their only shot at another RB, so they will be after him hard.  Finally, don't forget lil' ole Alvin Kamara(he of Fab 5 fame), or even Tarean Folston.

Red,

We finally agreed!!!!!!!!!! Wow.....

:laugh: Yeah, took us long enough, didn't it? cheers.gif

Now that JW has committed, my personal #1 RB pick for AU by the way, I think if another top RB wants AU we will definitely take him. To that point, I think Dye is going to commit ahead of any of the other RBs. That will give us 2 VERY solid groups of RBs going thru the system.

That's as solid as it gets and who will be blocking for these studs the next 4 years ? Eleven of some of the best offensive linemen in the country from the Top 5 OL classes the last two years, the '12 OL class being #2 to Stanford.

I honestly wonder if the coaches would accept Dye's commitment now. I see him as being a very similar back to Wilkins, and I have felt like for some time that we would take the one who committed first and not the other. JMO, but I think at this point we will take either Green or Bryant, and maybe Kamara or Foster if neither of the first two choose AU. I just don't think there is so much need to take a second bigger back in this class when we've already got Jovon Robinson on campus and now Wilkins in this recruiting class...but time will tell.

There is starting to be speculation that one of the two might cancel this weekend.  If the case, that tells us a lot right there.

I honestly wonder if the coaches would accept Dye's commitment now. I see him as being a very similar back to Wilkins, and I have felt like for some time that we would take the one who committed first and not the other. JMO, but I think at this point we will take either Green or Bryant, and maybe Kamara or Foster if neither of the first two choose AU. I just don't think there is so much need to take a second bigger back in this class when we've already got Jovon Robinson on campus and now Wilkins in this recruiting class...but time will tell.

I am going to stick with Dye and say, yes, if he commits soon the Coaches will accept the commitment.

I am going to stick with Dye and say, yes, if he commits soon the Coaches will accept the commitment.

Where do we sit with Dye's brother? Is he even going to be someone we go after next year?

I really want Green.. One of the main receuits I've eyeing. I want him to be our main back in two years.

I really want Green.. One of the main receuits I've eyeing. I want him to be our main back in two years.

I'd rather have Bryant.  The question is can we get him?

Archived