Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Hm, I would have thought that DG and GB would be switched...

DG seems to prefer more elusive runs using his great balance rather than running over people (Jovon with a little bit more speed). GB just straight likes to run people over.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I would have thought that DG and GB would be switched...

DG seems to prefer more elusive runs using his great balance balance rather than running over people (Jovon with a little bit more speed). GB just straight likes to run people over.

Cool, I need to watch more film on them both apparently, I was really basing my assumption off of their size. I tend to wait on film watching until I hear we have a good shot with them, so I haven't seen it for these two yet.

Why would we take 2 RBs in this class? Wouldn't that leave us with 6 scholarship RBs the following year (Grant, Mason, Blakely, Robinson) + 2 RBs.

You're right when looking at pure numbers, and spacing even.  But if you can get two of this stature, you gotta go there.

^^^ That is what I am thinking. Can't pass up on it although if there is any position Auburn will never been in short supply of, it is RB.

Only reason we are not short now is bc of 2 transfers. We quit recruiting running backs after TJY committed, if we had only Robinson we would have 3 RB's on scholarship (Omac, Mason, Robinson).

But the transfers were the reason we weren't heavily recruiting other RBs.

Maybe, but you wouldn't be able to haul 3 top quality running backs in one class equal to what we have now. We would have had to take some developmental prospects who would not provide depths for a few years.

Why would we take 2 RBs in this class? Wouldn't that leave us with 6 scholarship RBs the following year (Grant, Mason, Blakely, Robinson) + 2 RBs.

But remember, we were all too excited to take a commitment from TJ along with Robinson last year. So by taking 2 this year, we only add one into the fold. If we had 2 last class, we would be after only 1 in this class.

Excellent point to make. As it turned out, if we take 2 RBs this year, we will now have better spacing from OMac, Mason, Blakely and Grant. Robinson and these 2 will be together in the next group coming thru. 

Greg Bryant is argueably the hottest prospect on the board right now, because of his performance at "The Opening" .  However, he is committed to OU, and our track record of flipping key athletes has not been very good of late.  Signed....... Rip Van Winkle.

You're right when looking at pure numbers, and spacing even.  But if you can get two of this stature, you gotta go there.

^^^ That is what I am thinking. Can't pass up on it although if there is any position Auburn will never been in short supply of, it is RB.

To a certain extent I disagree ... Just this last bowl game we relied on tre mason to be our "power" back.  He did well, but that would have been a scary scenario for a full season.  We had the tre smith iron bowl due to injuries.  We had a season of "the lizard" with terry Bowden and numerous seasons where if we had one of our 2 main guys get hurt then we would be scary thin at RB.  I say if we can get 2 top 20 backs every year then go for it.  In the sec I want 3-4 VERY good upperclassmen RB ... Yes lofty thoughts but just a wish

New insider notes from BMatt on247. Can someone summarize?

Bird rules and Golf sucks!

Well that's not insider info. That's public knowledge.  ;)

Very much a summary, because I don't want to go into detail since they ask not to, but:  Wilkins looks good for Wednesday night for us, Dye still coming Thursday with Mom, and D. Green coming this weekend for two days.  Bam, bam, bam.   Dye won't make any decision until late this fall.  Now, not part of article, but speculation is we'll go with Jordan Wilkins, and then jump on Green or Bryant if we can.

:laugh: You never pass up a chance do you Bird?  :laugh:

:laugh: You never pass up a chance do you Bird?   :laugh:

50/50

:tease:

the biggest issue right now is we haven't been able to agree on which RB is our #1. Luper wants Wilkins, and Lefty has someone else in mind (who, I'm not sure?).

Interesting. I'm going with Wilkins because he seems to really want to be an Auburn man and if CCL likes him, then I'm sold.

If Wilkins is in this class it will likely not come til August.

or possibly tomorrow night

:laugh: You never pass up a chance do you Bird?   :laugh:

50/50

Nope, that's 100% right there  ;)

the biggest issue right now is we haven't been able to agree on which RB is our #1. Luper wants Wilkins, and Lefty has someone else in mind (who, I'm not sure?).

Interesting. I'm going with Wilkins because he seems to really want to be an Auburn man and if CCL likes him, then I'm sold.

My post was before yesterday's tweets about tomorrow.

I know just messing with ya.  :laugh: :laugh:

Very much a summary, because I don't want to go into detail since they ask not to, but:  Wilkins looks good for Wednesday night for us, Dye still coming Thursday with Mom, and D. Green coming this weekend for two days.  Bam, bam, bam.   Dye won't make any decision until late this fall.  Now, not part of article, but speculation is we'll go with Jordan Wilkins, and then jump on Green or Bryant if we can.

Cool. I will not ask again. I will just PM you or 83 instead.

I know just messing with ya.   :laugh: :laugh:

Cool. I will not ask again. I will just PM you or 83 instead.

No problem "E".  I want to keep you up-to-date.  Preciate you.

Assuming we land Wilkins tomorrow....who are we going to go after hardest to be our 2nd RB for this class?

Green.

Purple?

Assuming we land Wilkins tomorrow....who are we going to go after hardest to be our 2nd RB for this class?

Green.

Do we stand a good chance of landing him? Haven't hear him speaking highly of us...or negatively for that matter.

Green.

Do we stand a good chance of landing him? Haven't hear him speaking highly of us...or negatively for that matter.

I think both him and Dye like us and Clemson best at this point...

Archived