Did Charlie Strong cost Zook his job?

BamaGrad03

This hasn't been touched on much and I thought id pose the question. I remember everyone was saying charlie deserved a HC position before Zook snagged him...

But many OTHER people were never that impressed with him. What do you guys think?

I dont think Zook is that bad of a coach. I think his defense lost all the games for him this year.

If you watched any of the MSU game you can tell that UF has NO defense whatsoever. Ugh! Pathetic!! I think you are on to something here BG.

Seriously, how many points did MSU score on Maine? Vandy? navy?...and then they just run all over UF. Its not like their QB was just throwing bomb after bomb...they are pretty easy to gameplan for.

I don't follow UF close enough to know how Zook handles things and how much input he has with the defense or offense. If he's like CTT, Strong could very easily have cost him the job. As far as running the overall program, CTT is second to none. As far as wins and losses, he's only as good as his assistants.

To me its very simple

No

Why I say that is because its known (according to UF's site) that Strong never had complete control of their D and Zook wanted a good chunk of the control thus butting heads, though not in a bad way I guess, about play calling on defense.

Shannon Snell, former UF player who graduated last year, posts on that GatorCountry board and wrote a small piece stating how he thought they should keep Strong and get rid of Zook.

Zook was destined to fail. His first staff was an All-Star collection of assistant coaches result = 8-5. Replace assistants, results = 8-5. The one constant? Zook. Zook had already been fired once @ UF, result? Next year the Gators win the NC. Yea, I've got a stroke of genius, let's hire Ron Zook to replace Steve Spurrier... :blink: And people wondered why the www.fireronzook.com website appeared BEFORE his first season!!! Simply a stupid move, unless the plan was to get Stoops all along. B)

:blink::blink::blink:

Same with the LSU loss too.

114865[/snapback]

And the UT loss, Florida's defense made the 2 true freshmen QB's look like Heisman quarterbacks. Remember the UF forums after we killed UT, they finally realized then that they were in real trouble with their defensive coordinator...

Archived