2014 WR Ryeshene Bronson

Guest EagleDamnWar

Guest EagleDamnWar

IMG_0433_5_14_-COPY.jpg

6'3" 182 lb WR from Fort Meyers, Florida was offered today by AU.  Has offers from Florida and South Carolina as well. 

Currently has South Carolina as #1 and Auburn as #2.

He was named the top underclassmen at VTO Florida.

He is the cousin of Clemson's star wideout, Sammy Watkins.  He is also the cousin of USC SPUR signee Jordan Diggs, who will enroll in Columbia this summer. 

Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Ryeshene-Bronson-132616

"I can play in any offense. As long as I can block and help the team do whatever to get to the national championship, I'm there," he said. "Basically, I stretch the field. I'm an all-around receiver, get a lot of yards after catch. I block. Mainly, I block. That's the first thing that comes to my mind, then get the ball. I'm always there for my team. I've never been selfish. I appreciate my line more than skill players. Without those linemen, we aren't nothing. I'm determined to go to the NFL one day. I want to support my mom and make my mom proud of me."

I like this kids attitude at least from that quote! Its early on but would love to have this young man! :wareagle:

Guest EagleDamnWar

Before his Auburn visit: "I'm personally looking at South Carolina right now," he said. "Miami, Alabama, and Florida State, too."  Does not want to go to Clemson because of Watkins. 

Mods: there is another thread with the exact title as this one. Merging in order?

That was my fault. I created the other thread a day later and assumed there was not a thread on this recruit since he was a 2014 recruit I had not heard of.

Thanks for sharing. He sounds like a great kid. We will certainly fighting some family/friend ties for his signature, but this staff could do it. The big WR Jones kid we are after would be a great catch if we can reel in his commitment. 

War Eagle !

I love it when I see a receiver says he wants to block.  That is the type of receiver who gets PT as it is a skill that not to many HS receivers have developed. That is why some great receivers out of HS are basically special team players for a year or two as they can't block at the college level.

I agree. It's rare to hear a hs junior any wide receiver at any level talking about blocking. That speaks to being a team first guy. Every program needs team first guys.

FIFY

I honestly do not care if this guy is ever a game changer. All I need to hear is exactly what he is saying.  Every team needs guys like this.  The guys willing to do what ever it takes. If he happens to be the best player then even better but even superstars need guys paving the way and doing the little things and that is atleast who this guys seems to be. Sign him up we need him.  For all Cam did for us(and he did a lot) the true unsung heros(offensively) on the team were guys name Kodi, Darvin, Zachery, and a few others I left out.  None of mccalebs long runs would have happened and most of cams long runs would not have happened without the precision and timely blocks  these guys created on the outside and down field.  These guys deserve more credit and respect than we have and can give them.

Archived