What was the first year

auburn4ever

You ever saw an Auburn game in person (home or away)? Mine was on opening day in 1970 when Jordan-Hare only held 61,261 at that time.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2008 LSU game. We lost on a last second play and killed that season.

Mine was the 1988 Sugar Bowl versus Syracuse where Coach Dye went for the tie with a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down. Ironically my first college game did not include Auburn. It was the 1986 Sugar Bowl between Tennessee and Miami. I was the only one in the Super Dome pulling for the Canes. lol

First I remember was the 88 UGA game.  The next one I remember was the 89 UF game.  I have been to just about every home game since 91.

It was an early 80's Iron Bowl in B'ham.  I don't know the year or how old I was, but I know Auburn won!   I "think" it was 83 based on scores and my age.  

2009 Louisiana Tech. That was a season filled with heart break (uk, uga, bammer) games but also filled with some great times especially the West Virginia game. Best time I have ever had at a game.

2009 Louisiana Tech. That was a season filled with heart break (uk, uga, bammer) games but also filled with some great times especially the West Virginia game. Best time I have ever had at a game.

WV was SOOOO awesome, for recruiting, for the game, for surviving the monsoon.  Man, what a night! 

Opened my AU career 0-2, in 2007, with South Florida and Mississippi State. Back to back weeks.  

Started off slow, but ended up a decent year due to the Florida (Later Gator), Bama, and Chick-Fil-A Bowl games.

1969 Iron Bowl at Legion Field.....Connie Frederick ran the fake punt for a TD.....made the score AU 48 - AL 26....Auburn fans screaming for Coach Jordan to go for 2 to make it 50.  Being the gentleman that he was - we kicked the extra point making the final score 49-26.....

WDE

:zapbama:    :zapbama:

I know I was 3 yrs old so it would have been the first home game of the 1961 season.  It was a 12-14 loss to UK.

1998 Auburn vs Tennessee game.  Man what a great and crappy game to see as a first.  We gave Tn everything thay could handle that game but we lost. They won with a goal line stand, a 60 something yard run from jamall lewis on first play and a 90 yard int. return and both scores  were  in the first half. I was proud to see Auburn come out fighting in the second half instead of giving up. Special season for Tn.

My dad took me to the 1986 Iron Bowl.  (The Tillman Reverse to Victory.) They don't make football games like that anymore.

:wareagle:

'83

End-zone location gave me my first real overhead views of line play (TV was mostly only 50-yd, back then)

I know that I attended games with Stan White as the QB, but the first players names I really remember paying attention to were Daymeune Craig and Stephen Davis. We were season ticket holders at the time. I know that some of my earliest memories are of the magically loud and energetic JHS. I plan to create the same memories for my son. I don't know the first particular game I went to, but that is the era that I started attending games.

Archived