What was the first year

auburn4ever

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 1976 or 1977 and we played NC State.  It rained all day, we lost 17 - 15 and Frank Warren got ejected from the game for fighting.

:tdau:It was in the 60s against Florida in Auburn. Auburn won. Florida had Spurier at QB. i think the score was Auburn 28 Florida 17?

:wareagle:

ok, slammer, watch who you are calling a young whippersnapper!  :o

the first game i remember was in b'ham against maryland.  early 50s.  spence was the qb.

top that golf!   :laugh:

wde!

We're getting to many old farts in here.. I have a feeling you may top everyone eagle :bow:

1987 Auburn vs Florida. Halloween night. I remember Aundray Bruce sacking Kerwin Bell.Auburn won, but I can't remember the score.

Well, I don't remember what the first game I went to was, but my dad said that it was sometime during the 2000 season (he doesn't remember what game exactly).  However, I do remember we went to the SEC Championship game that year.  I don't remember the game at all, but I do remember I lost a tooth at half time while I was eating an Ice Cream Sandwich :P 

Guest damabama

my first post, good to be here..

1971 Auburn / Miss State. My dad told me and my brother " Get in the car boys, there's a Heisman Trophy winner down at Auburn and yall need to see him." ( daddy had esp ). we wore the dogs out and i've been been hooked ever since. I'd give everything i have and everything i'll ever have to go to one more game with my dad. War Eagle daddy, i miss you so much.

2000 Wyoming. Rudi Johnson made his debut with this beauty...

And if I'm not mistaken it was the first time they let the eagle circle the field before the game.

I brought you up well young tiger. Central Florida 97 here.  :-[:-X:laugh:

The first one the I remember was the '03 Ole Miss game, I was 9 then. I am pretty sure I had been to some before that. I still can't believe Obomanu dropped that pass in the end zone.

ok, slammer, watch who you are calling a young whippersnapper!  :o

the first game i remember was in b'ham against maryland.  early 50s.  spence was the qb.

top that golf!   :laugh:

wde!

We're getting too many old farts in here.. I have a feeling you may top everyone eagle :bow:

fixed it for you.  seniors have their moments!  http://www.rtbot.net/play.php?id=Xv1tMioGgXI             

2000 Wyoming. Rudi Johnson made his debut with this beauty...

And if I'm not mistaken it was the first time they let the eagle circle the field before the game.

I brought you up well young tiger. Central Florida 97 here.  :-[:-X:laugh:

Yes you did old wiseone.  :laugh:

1973 opener as part of a double header at Legion field with Alabama. Bama played Southern Miss, and we played Oregon State. We won 18-9.

:o I had no idea AU ever participated in something like that... Went to a DH in basketball one year, but I can't imagine a double-header w the Dykes in anything now :beatmullet: ... No thanks!

Yep. It happened. I don't think they have ever done anything like that before or since. That kind of made it unique. The bama fans were still hanging around when the Auburn fans started to show up. Oops, did some checking,  correction - Bama played California not Southern Miss, and won 66-0.

It happened on Nov 7, 1970 when Alabama played LSU in the day and Auburn played Mississippi State that night.  Auburn won 56-0.  It was Mississippi State's home game.  The game got so boring that people began to throw paper airplanes onto the field.  There was one that came out of the upper deck that landed on the 50 yard line as the crowd cheered.

1969 Iron Bowl at Legion Field.....Connie Frederick ran the fake punt for a TD.....made the score AU 48 - AL 26....Auburn fans screaming for Coach Jordan to go for 2 to make it 50.   Being the gentleman that he was - we kicked the extra point making the final score 49-26.....

WDE

:zapbama:    :zapbama:

Wow, what a great first game! Mine was like a 1980 A day or something.

1973 opener as part of a double header at Legion field with Alabama. Bama played California, and we played Oregon State. We won 18-9.

Never heard of these double headers! This thread has some cool stuff.

I was young, but I believe it was 1989 Miss St for homecoming.  Looking back at wikipedia, we played MSU at home in 87, 88, and 89.  I am pretty sure it was the 1989 game though.  I will never forget when we were on the road back after the game.  We were listening to the bama/penn st game and the turds blocked a FG to win.  my brother, the bama fan, was really excited.

Auburn vs Tulane  1953 in Mobile.  I was a Boy Scout and we got in free for ushering before the games, helping people to their seats and then when the game started, we could find a seat and watch.  Saw several AU games in Mobile during the 50s.

Auburn vs Tulane  1953 in Mobile.  I was a Boy Scout and we got in free for ushering before the games, helping people to their seats and then when the game started, we could find a seat and watch.   Saw several AU games in Mobile during the 50s.

You were very lucky to get that kind of deal. I lived in Bham back then and never got to see a game but I did watch the 1955 Gator Bowl on TV. We played Vanderbilt and got beat 25-13. That was the first game I ever saw Auburn play. Vandy had a running back named Joe Scales who tore us up. The problem was I went to school with his younger brother and thought I would never hear the end of it. Great guy though. This is when rivalries were a little more congenial than they are today.

Archived